Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Poop!

Comments

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

funny. Its intestinal formula #2. I never thought of it like that. Yes, it needs to be more than once a day. I am like that. But it is not always perfect really.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i’ve got no poop advice to contribute, but i wanted to put out there that i’ve also experienced really significant endurance increase with my running. raw food does great things for the body, and apparently for runners especially!

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

i would shy away from psyllium husk as it dries out your bowels. the best fiber in that form is fresh ground flax seeds.

About how much of the food your body uses. The body does not use the fiber. Your poop is the digested fiber. If you eat three meals a day, you ahve three bowel movements. Scientists and medical doctors agree that three times is normal. If you are not having a healthy bowel movement (one that FILLS the toilet), it means that you have issues with your bowels. And as I said, mine are not perfect yet. I realized today that I eat too fast and do not chew my food throughly.

Satnam, you need the 5 day bowel detox. Again, I make no money by saying that. I am just a happy customer who studdied out Dr. Schulze. It will solve your bowel problems.

• JDJD

Ok, I’ll get on the nasty wagon. I go 2-3 times a day which is good but nothing that “fills the toilet” shgadwa…haven’t done that since I was eating cooked foods/meat all the time. So, I would have to wonder what exactly is proper sized raw poo. No way do I eat enough to produce another one of those cooked kaka’s.

Interesting though, it seems that every time I eat a meal, I soon have to take a trip to the bano…”in with the new, out with the old” (I think). Anywhoo, my poo isn’t exactly the “supposed to be” light brown…greenish light brown is more like it and yes, definitely moist. There are no bricks coming out of this butt and when I have to go it’s pretty quick. Kinda like here I come, walk to the bathroom now, sit now, ok! Little bit of a slippery slope.

Ok, that’s enough info…next!

• Shgadwa, different “experts” obviously have different opinions – in Ayurveda they say that if you’re eating right, you should not have to wipe your bum after pooing. I’ve had a lot of different poo in my life, but nothing feels as good as when it comes out fast and smoothly and there’s hardly anything to wipe. It doesn’t feel like it’s too dry – it’s not like it hurts to poo or that I feel constipated – I go to the loo usually 2 – 3 times a day. I could be drinking more water, but because I have a job where I work alone in a store and have to leave the shop physically to go to the (dirty) toilet, I don’t drink much the days I’m working. :-/ But I eat a lot of fruit (in the morning) and usually a salad for lunch, and then a energybar of some kind for a snack while at work, so I think I’m well over the average when it comes to eating raw (hydrated) food.

The 5 day bowel detox is probably good – there’s a lot of detox stuff I would love to try out, but I don’t really have the money right now. How much is it? And how long will the positive benefits of this bowel detox thingy last? Will it solve my bowel problems “forever”? Guess not.. so for how long?

• Okay, so this is about pooping style rather than poop type.

You get better evacuation if you prop your feet up while on the toilet. This mimics squatting, which is supposed to be the best way to “let ‘er fly”.

Your colon gets pinched a bit from sitting on the toilet. You can use a stool. Or I use the edge of my laundry tub to prop up my feet (my washer/dryer is in my bathroom so it’s convenient).

I’m sorry. I was in too big of a hurry I think but I thought you were the person that went 1-3 times a week. Yes, this is a weird topic! Lately, mine have been on the greenish side and I know it means something that i am not sure what.

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

right on redhouse. they sell steps for the toliet. so you mimic the squat. too expensive . just put some old cook books to step on. lol

green poo is the best poo. i cant remember the last time my poo was brown. brown poo to me is kind of weird. aslong as it is not white your good. if its white you gonna die in 2.2 seconds.

• Wow, all you people have really picked up the poop topic and ran with it.

Like you were just waiting for the opportunity …

Incidentally, check out the link that Cheri pasted: http://www.beautifulonraw.com/raw-food-blog/

Really great info.

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

Huh. All this time and I never knew my colon was dysfunctional.

Shit.

• this is the best topic ever, and the MOST revealing of what’s going on in the body! it’s fascinating! Honestly, my crap changes all the time…right now I can tell I’m getting pretty cleaned out because I can go in any public bathroom i want and it doesn’t smell…And I’m not even following proper food combining to a T!! It’s awesome. But hmm…my crap is still loose sometimes. But I don’t mind. Is it really a problem? I eat a lot of greens, salads, tons of mangoes, other various and exciting fruits…etc etc…anyway, good luck, I think you’ll find your poop nitch soon ;)

• Lady Le HarleLady Le Harle Raw Newbie

This is great!! There aren’t many people in my end of the woods who are game enough to talk poo diaries. So, I have recently been through a period similar to Worleyhimself2 – like giving birth 3 times a day. Totally amazing, I didnt realise that much could come outta my ass three times in one day!! I felt amazing like I was walking on clouds and my stomach was so light and free. Then a couple of weeks ago it all changed and I am lucky if I drop a poo bomb half the size of my previous works of art. I work in a tea house so I drink a lot of tea all day – green teas, yerba mate, heaps of herbs like licorice root, burdock and nettle – all supposed to keep things regular, but naaaah. The honey moon is over:( I am thinking nut consumption may effect things?? I have been eating lots of unsoaked almonds lately…

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yeah! I love it that we get to talk about poop! I wanted to talk about poop to someone for sooooo long! Where have you guys been all my life?! I have a question and an opinion. Question: Why am I not pooping? I have been using warm water (sometimes with garlic) enemas every other day for the last week to help cleanse, and other than that, I have not been pooping much (if any) in between! As I was typing this, I realized that I have also been drinking quite a bit of green juice, so maybe I’m just not eating as much fiber? Opinion: If you are not eating enough food to fill the toilet, then you shouldn’t expect you poop to fill it, either – it’s just related to the amount of food you eat.

• angie, are you drinking enough water? if you’re eating plant-based foods, it’s not likely that you’re not getting enough fibre… but if you’re getting more than most SAD eaters, you need to up your water intake! water helps “fill” the waste, making it easier to eliminate the body… without enough water, the waste just kind of sits in the body…

• i have to get in on this conversation!! i find my poops have been more frequent, softer, longer and smoother, which i now know is good. if i slip up and eat something i shouldn’t have i pay with alternating runs and constipation.

the thing i’ve noticed most lately is the colour of my poops. it seems that they usually reflect whatever i have been eating, but a beet juice day produces the most interesting results. i tend to alternate between green days and red days as i alternate between juicing and green smoothies before lunch. weird!

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I would also like to increase my bowel movements. I’m trying to drink more water, but go about 2 times a day.

What are some good binders? I’m finding it’s becoming less of a solid consistancy since I’ve been eating close to 100% raw…

Two times a day is not bad though three is better. Also remember, if you go more than that (5-6 times a day) then you might have irritable bowel syndrome. In that case, a colon flush (intestinal formula #2 would be good. and for those who say they do not have the money, #2 is not that expensive. #1 is only to be taken if you are not going three times a day.

• Valeria, if you are pooping twice a day that might be your perfect number. As long as you are eating 100% raw you may be experiencing detox and there is no need to add a binder. Your body is a well oiled machine and as long as you give it the right fuel you don’t need to mess with it. We’re all different and so are our poo’s!

I realized I have not been eating that much food lately, because my body wanted green juice! It’s probably just because I haven’t taken in that much. After 3 quarts of green juice yesterday, I finally have an appetite for food again! So, we’ll see how it goes.

• pooooooooop…. ok…. Im done. Just wanted to feel included.

thanks.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Thanks guys! I’ll be doing a Master Cleanse starting next week, hopefully it will get better after that!

• worleyhimself – what do you mean that if your poop is white your gonna die in 2.2 seconds?

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too – are you serious, cuz that sounds like a random poop comment to make me laugh – which it did? Except that I thought “I wonder if that is something real?” I am laughing again now, because this is so funny to me that we are having this topic of discussion! :D

• Yes, what does that mean????!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

I’ve never felt more like a rabbit than when I poop on a papaya seed cleanse!

I agree about squatting. When I went to Iran I had to get used to their different toilet system. Its basically a toilet/hole in the ground…you squat over it, and then you spray your ass with a hose (sometimes freaking cold water), and then you flush. It was awkward at first, but I have to say, I prefer it, its easier, feels much better, and using water leaves you cleaner than paper which can also be kind of abrasive. Wish I could go like that in the US!

When I first went raw I had black darth vader poo. The best bowel movements I ever had in my life was when I was 100% fruitarian…no smell, NO NOISE at all (!), totally plump and smooth…. its funny, i’ve had people tell me they don’t like to eat lots of fruit because it gives them diarrhea…if they only knew…

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Darth Vader poo!! OH HAHAHAHAHA!!! Now I’m howling with laughter…

Angie & rawclaire I think that worleyhimself’s (himselves? ha) comment had to be a joke. White poop? Maybe if you ate a bunch of chalk or something. ;o)

• lol jenergy! chalk!

• I hear many SAD people say that if they eat as much fruit as I did they would be on the toilet all day. What they do not understand is that is due to their toxins. Healthy people will have a BM about once for every meal and it will be soft but not watery and a sufficient amount. There should be nearly no smell, bad smell indicates toxins in your body or putrification going on in your digestive system, both are signs that you are doing something wrong. The color depends on the food you eat. That’s all I will say on this topic.

• Just 2 little comments and a question:

1- Worley was joking, I’m a nurse who’s worked in the USA in an ER.. never seen a white poop in my life and never heard of one.. If there ever is a white poop I bet Guiness will have it’s pic somewhere…

2- I live in N. Iraq (right next to the Irani border) we have the “hole in the ground” toilet and there’s nothing but air between you and the porcelain when you squat and then… yes, the Totally freakin’ cold water to wash your butt afterwards (especially in the winter when it’s snowing and the water tank freezes!!!!!) but honestly I don’t really notice a big difference between the Iraqi-squatter and the US-sitter besides the tingling numb feeling I used to get when I fell asleep on the toilet (Don’t laugh I bet more of you have done it too than will admit)

Ok that was it.. Here’s to good poops! K-Mom

Question.. anyone know why my little one’s poop is crazy green when all she eats is formula and some banana or apple every so often? I still can’t figure that out..