Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Nausea

What is something good to nibble on when feeling nauseaus? I know peppermint tea is good to sip on for acid reflux…..but sometimes I get nauseaus due to acid reflux….any tips out there?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Comments

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Ginger!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

when nauseous, i would say its better not to nibble on anything, i take it as a body signal meaning “no food right now please!”. i would stick with the peppermint tea.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I would say ditto on the ginger.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Me too! Peppermint tea is good too. I’ve tried them both and they are both helpful.

• 1 clove

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Peppermint and ginger! I believe fennel seed is an antinausea too. Oh and depending on what the nausea is from a littl shot (about 1-2 tablespoons) of straight ACV can totally knock out any sour stomach feelings.

• I ditto the mint and ginger, both help me, try sniffing some peppermint oil too, that helps. If you really really want to eat something do a banana, it really helps the stomach and is easy to digest, one better would be a banana smoothie, just bananas (frozen or not) and some water.

• I usually try to drink lots of water.. i might put a little lemon in the water. I might try tea.. peppermint, ginger, fennel.. etc.

I usually try to get my ‘medicine’ from food, but lately i’ve been using Enzymedica brand digestive enzymes. I really, really like them. They’re vegan and not full of junk.. it’s very nice. I’ve been using them for a little while now.

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

I highly suggest cocaine to alleviate nausea. As an added bonus, it will give you a real “lift” for half an hour or more after inhalation. After that you may be too tired to do anything but sleep. Goodbye nausea!

Just kidding. But yeah, definitely try something cooling, such as peppermint tea. Or something light and crunchy, maybe some iceberg lettuce with lemon juice? Light and cool things usually help me out. Or water. Cold nice water. Mmmmm.

• Slosh-uh, you crack me up!!! lol…..at first i was thinking “hell no!!” then of course i began to laugh….too funny…..thanks for the tips everyone!