Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

MAJOR Update Today. Any Problems?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I just posted the message above and the green/white edit box is still displaying… Seems like there isn’t a “close edit box” command after the Save Reply…

More weirdness… I tried to search for a recipe on the Recipe tab and I got a file download/security warning box that was prompting me if I wanted to download ajax_search7b19edb5. This doesn’t happen with the recipe search on the Home tab.

Ray~ Thank you. The editting box issues have been fixed! The white/green edit box only displays after clicking on REPLY TO TOPIC and then closes after clicking on Save Reply botton. Also, the Edit link in a post works again.

The Recipe tab issue is also fixed. Thank you again!

• I have only 1 problem. (I think) It’s the same as bluedolfin’s problem, the green and white reply to topic box comes up everytime I view a forum topic.

• Interesting number of issues! I guess I can’t recommend Firefox or Safari enough. Both are free, and you can install more than one (along with Internet Explorer). They’re also both pretty small and easy to download and install. So if you’re on Windows, there’s no excuse not to try one (or both).

I use Safari as my primary browser, but I often test sites on Firefox. I keep Internet Explorer around (when I use Windows) only to test websites for clients.

We do use Mac computers, and we use Leopard. It’s great and very fast. I’ve never once had a virus or worm or whatever on a Mac.

Finally, I didn’t actually “fix” the forum and recipe tab issues… they apparently only happen sometimes to some people! So I’ll still be looking for the cause, and hopefully have some time to do more work on the site in general. But meantime, try another browser. You might be pleasantly surprised, on more sites than just humble ol’ Gone Raw!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I love that now the latest addition to my recipe box is at the top, so I don’t have to scroll all the way down to find the new ones! :) I was having the Sorry, something went wrong… messages for a few days, but I wonder if it was just IE. The one thing I have noticed is that when I go to a recipe, a lot of times it says “remove from recipe box” when I didn’t add it yet. I check my recipe box, and it is not there. If I want to add it to my recipe box, I have to click to remove it, and then click again to add it, and then it shows up in my box.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Ray, I made a recipe public last night that I started in July. It still is not appearing in the new recipe listing although it appears when I search for it. It is listed in my profile as a public recipe. Is there anything I can do to get the recipe posted?

By the way, the name of the recipe that’s not posting is Mexican Light Delight.

• I wonder if that was why, when I changed my login name, I couldn’t log in anymore, so had to re join with a different name.It kept coming up with “Sorry (etc).,”??????? ????????????????????????

Ray~ I started using Safari… pretty cool! One thing though… How do I increase the displaying of a webpage? Currently, a webpage takes up about 1/2 of the window. I tried to increase font size, but the formats of some pages get funky… Other than that, it’s learning how Safari does things… :)

Ray~ There seemed to be some quirks with Safari that I couldn’t figure out so I switched to Firefox. Seems to be working ok. I do miss some of the neat features that Safari has.

Hey Ray, my recipe is still not posted. Any ideas?

• Hi, Ray. You’re doing an amazing job. I have noticed that I get an error message quite often—” We’re sorry, but something went wrong.

We’ve been notified about this issue and we’ll take a look at it shortly. ” And that my REPLY TO TOPIC window is always open. I’m using firefox. But the adblock plugins I use may be causing a script block or some other issue.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yes I get the error message very often also. That’s all that I noticed.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Zooey Glass & superkat92: I’m pretty sure it’s because you are using IE or Firefox. I get this error from my Windows/IE… but not on Mac/Safari.

RCBAlive – If you started the recipe in July, it shows up in the section of recipes that were posted in July. That happened to me with one I started and then finished later. It never showed on the newest recipes section.

I am using IE, and just tonight I have started getting the error message and it takes FOREVER to go between sections of the site, even though I haven’t had problems with any other wbsites tonight or when it was doing this a couple of weeks ago.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Firefox for me and site has been slow at best in the evening—lost several attempts at posting tonight alone. It’s getting frustrating and very time consuming. Ray, still problems today. it’s just too long to post—at least 4-5 min. here we gosnore.

• Hey Ray, the site has been intermittently slow for me as well the last couple days. I use Firefox which usually is good.

Hey Angie, nice pic!

Mon46 – Thanks!

Ray – On another forum topic, a lot of people are saying that the site has been super slow last night and today; it’s not just me!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Thanks for the heads up! The site should be back to normal now.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Yes, I thought it was my computer it is really slow! Thanks for fixing :)

• Under the Favorite Recipes, I cannot open the “Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal” recipe.

I can’t open it either. Also if you could fix what’s preventing me from opening the BBQ “chicken” pizza recipe I would really appreciate that. Thanks!

• Hey, does anyone know the ”Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal” recipe???

I would really like to try it. I cannot get it to open under the Favorite Recipes.

Yes and does anybody know he BBQ Chicken recipe? That isn’t openable either.

• SR- here you go:

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Serves 2 (Or 1 Very Hungry Person)

Just like porridge! Yummy and substantial.

Ingredients 1 cup oats, soaked overnight and rinsed 1 big, juicy apple (such as a Fuji apple), chopped 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 tablespoon agave nectar Preparation Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth. I like to garnish my oatmeal with soaked almonds and some agave, but the options are endless. Note: Yes, raw oats do exist, however, uncooked, dry oats work fine despite not being technically raw. Just like a smoothie, this recipe can be supported by many additions for nutritional support. You decide on the sweetness!

Optional additions:

1 tablespoon flax or hemp oil

1 tablespoon ground flax seed

Dried fruit (raisins, chopped dates, figs, etc.)

Soaked nuts (chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.)

Splash of nut milk

• RawKidChef- I searched for BBQ Chicken and wasn’t sure which recipe you wanted for sure so here are two:

Grilled Meat! for stir-frys, BBQ Beef, Kebabs, etc

Makes a large bowl that appears to be about 2 pounds of grilled meat.

This will make a grilled meat type flavor and texture. Very hearty and even chewy. I worked on this for a year. Now it

• Hi, just letting you guys know that I’m having some problems with the site. Some of the recipes (including one I posted today) won’t open – I just get an error message. I’m on Firefox on a Mac. :)

Thanks so much!

Birdie

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Like Mon46 said, intermittent slowness. This is the only problem I’ve experienced. And slowness is an understatement. But it’s all good. :-)

Sooooooo slow a lot of times that I just give up! Thanks for posting that BBQ chicken pizza recipe here – I couldn’t get it to open, either :) It would show up on the list when I did a search, but I couldn’t get it to open when I tried to go to it.