LOW estrogen HIGH thyriod

I am 17 and found out I have both. I am forced to go see a endocrinologist. I am not too keen on getting on hormones or taking meds. HELP!!!

Comments

• For low estrogen try flaxseed, because it is very high in phytoestrogens, which has the same effect as estrogen hormones.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I think broccoli has the same phytoestrogens? I know a lot about low thyroid; I’ll see what I can find out about high. I know the feeling – I hate taking meds & hormones. If you can possibly find out what to do for these problems naturally, before or instead of going on the meds & hormones, your body will thank you!!!

Edit: Also, raw chocolate (cacao) has really helped balance me hormonally. I don’t know if it is the same – phytoestrogens – I’ll try to find out more.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’ve read that Maca helps the body balance itself hormonally.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Okay, sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I did some research on both topics and found several supplements for each problem. I sell Nature’s Sunshine Products, but I’m not on here to make money, so I’ll give you the herbs, etc. that you can get anywhere, and if you can get Nature’s Sunshine products where you live or want me to get them for you, you can let me know and I’ll list those later. Here goes:

For low estrogen: Black Cohosh, Licorice (herb), Red Clover, Hops

For high thyroid: lemon balm, bugleweed, motherwort, melissa oil, co-Q10, hawthorn berries, L-carnitine, magnesium, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, etc.) and AVOID iodine – NO seafood, kelp or other sea vegetables, especially.

Good luck – Let us know how it goes!