I NEED HELP!!!!

My absolute closest and dearest friend is not raw. I will soon be going over to her house where dinners consist of chicken and white rice. Her mom prepares the food and they both know I was a vegetarian but I would be flexible and break my vegetarianism when at their house. Now that I am raw, I know what that one meal would do to my body and I’m not going to want to eat it. I thought of bringing a large salad and say that since they always feed me I wanted to bring something to share. That should be ok, but they’re going to expect me to eat their food too (they don’t consider just salad a decent dinner) and I don’t know what I should do or say.

Comments

• Make that salad big and bountiful and filled with great nutritional things! Make a salad that you will enjoy, that they will enjoy, and that neither party will forget…

Since there are important nutritional factors you must keep in my mind I feel like a good friend of yours will understand if you explain to her a little about the diet and maybe even specifically talk about what is in the salad and why it is so good.

It is a tricky situation and you don’t want to disrespect or upset them, but likewise as their guest, they should hopefully be accomidating if you tell them why your diet is more than just the food you eat, it is the beautiful way you live!...worst case scenario “Oh my, the strangest chicken and white rice allergy just popped up…I am truly sorry. Care for some salad?”

Best of luck eden!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’d say tell them in advance – otherwise it’ll propagate itself. Just be PC about it and respectful.

• I would definatly say something in advance, it will only be awkward with you sitting there not touching their food. Maybe just say- I’m really eating mostly raw fruits and vegetables these days for my health, since you’ve been so generous to me in the past, I’d love to bring a side dish to go with the meal, blah blah… Then show up with maybe a beautiful salad and some pesto veg pasta for them to try. If you can’t get away with just that, think about accepting a small portion of whatever vegetarian dish they may have (like a 1/4 cup of rice or whatever). I know what you mean! My mother in law tried to convince me that whipped cream was a good form of calcium! LOL!