Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Cacao

humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Hey all I found a website for cacao. They are sun dried instead of being dried at high temperatures. Check it out!

http://www.therootofthematter.ca/cgi-bin/itsmy/...

Comments

• i bought a bag of these the other day (sundried ) if your looking for a chocolate taste as in candy bar dont waste your loot on cacao beans. they taste bitter and dare i say yucky !!!

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

Vaughn, your link didn’t work for me.

jaymz72, you just have to know how to use them. I looove them in some banana ice cream with a few almonds thrown in. Yumm!!!!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Hmm I wonder why. Sorry about that lets see if this one works :)

http://www.therootofthematter.ca/

• Jaymz72 they are a bit of an aquired taste, kind of like coffee or wine. On the other hand, Nature’s Law raw cocoa powder became a bit of an addiction this past month. I was putting it in a food processor with walnuts, cinnamon, cashew butter, agave and raisins. This is the most awesome raw vegan candy ever! My family even loves it. I don’t even crave cooked sweets anymore, but can recognize I swapped out one addiction for another. I had to have my partner hide the cocoa powder from me for this week, for mental/physical cleansing!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Ever since my cousin dared me to eat the cocoa from my grandmothers cocoa tree, I sweared never to eat raw cocoa again. It is very bitter. I understand how you feel jaymz.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I like raw cacao. I used to love those Special Dark Chocolate bars which are kind of bitter so that is probably why it tastes good to me. Otherwise, you definatley need to put it in a smoothie with some sweeteners to balance out that bitter taste.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

If you like bitter things, then consume Aloe vera. It’s good for you. My family use to make me take it when I was younger to help with my allergies and it never helped. Although I noticed my skin looked nice.

• Jaymz – it can be very enjoyable if prepared correctly! I grind mine to a powder, then make truffles using coconut oil, dates, and ground walnuts. The more dates you add, the sweeter the truffles. They can actually end up tasting much like a candy bar!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I love raw cocao! It is one of my indulgences. I like to use it in raw cookie recipes as “chocolate chips”, grind it to a powder and add to almond mylk then warm in the dehydrator for “hot cocao” on a cold day, or eat it plain even- yes for me, before raw, I wanted the most bitter darkest chocolate I could find! You can’t get any more pure than the source…LOL!