Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Moody?

Hi, everyone. So, a few days ago I pretty much made the transition into being a raw foodie. It wasn’t much of a change—I had been coaxing myself off eggs and yogurt and pasta for a month or so. I still drink espresso as it’s advised for long-distance runners. And though I’m excited about this change yesterday afternoon found me altogether irritable and feeling down.

Has anyone experienced mood changes when ‘detoxing?’

This may have been due to me eating too late with a smoothie, so I may be crying wolf, but any feedback on this issue would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

it can be emotional changes. detoxing can be very emotional especially for woman. letting go of all that excess baggage “fat”.

maybe you are starving the bacteria in your body (which is good, starve them). but they can be very controlling.

your body could be looking for minerals. My dad was very mood. i bought him some goji100 juice. thats changed him. saved my parents marriage. made him more tolerable and easy going. it puts my mom on cloud 9 when my little brother and sister get on her last nerves. goji berry is also known as the happy berry. goji100 is a therapeutic goji juice. heated the traditional way.

those expresso can make you very irritable.

i dont know, but maybe you are creating suffering.

• GO TO HELL!

Haha. Thanks, Worley. I’ll check out the goji.

‘Naggage?’ Is that a portmanteau?

baggage

• I like naggage. I’m going to use that. “Yeah, we had to break up because she was always on my case. She definitely had a lot of naggage.”

haha. yea that actually is a good term.

• yeah naggage is a good one. Can’t wait to use that one.

• NAGGAGE noun The effect of unresolved personal issues leading to intense, outward criticism.

You heard it here, folks! All because of goneraw.com, Worley, and my late smoothie.

• WOW ….. Now that’s RAW

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Naggage huh? My mother does that! :)

Emotional detox! I went through that large! I had no reason to be blue, but I was!! It’s all better now!!!!!

It’s espresso, btw. No X in the name. That’s coming from an ex coffe snob! lol :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

why would runners need espresso? (in the sense of coffee, not speed)

• [studies showed that moderate doses of caffeine taken before exercise increased endurance. In one experiment, trained long-distance runners who took the caffeine equivalent of three cups of coffee an hour before exercise prolonged the duration of their race-pace running by up to 44 percent. Endurance cyclists showed similar results. One explanation for these findings was that caffeine enhanced the release of free fatty acids, sparing muscle glycogen in the early stages of the workout, thereby increasing endurance.]

Plus, as someone who has never smoked or even had a damn sip of alcohol, I get at least one vice.

oh no judgement, just curious. =)

vice away!

that’s interesting. i read the reason caffeine makes us energized is that the body tries to release it quickly to get it out of the system… so maybe if you are running, it’s like a cheering squad telling you to “run, release…”

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hahahahahahahahahahahaha ha wheeeeez, gasp, NAGGAGE!!! gonna use it too! haha teehee hee

• I will be using Naggage!! What a great word:) Love it….........!

oh i just got it. naggage. right… =)

• locustgirllocustgirl Raw Newbie

i’ve noticed that too…when i would exercise after having caffeine, i would have better workout. i had more energy to put into it i guess. i wonder what would happen if you added cayenne to it as well. interesting about the fatty acids, thanks for sharing. i’ve been wicked angry after doing mostly raw and only veg and fruit for the past 10 days and i have had no coffee, green or black tea (i’m a very rare indulger). i can’t tell if it is pms or detox. some coagulated liver energy i think. yesterday i about killed someone. screaming and punching and biting my lover helped (he was ok with it)...i recommend pillow fighting and walks in the woods too.

• Caffeine I guess, I never was a coffee drinker but it seems like its a hard one to kick. Zooey as for someone who has smoked and drinked and had some other vices AHEM, I kicked them all cold turkey. Plus I have been a runner and triathelete all my life. Give raw a chance I took 3 months off and dropped all my cooked muscle and went back hard after that and the body and stamina I have built now is top notch and I have no need for stimulates. TAG ur IT !

• i definitely had mood swings when i first went raw. it changes you, big time. but i think i am overall MUCH cheerier now than ever before!

• HAHAHA:)Great word, naggage! I’m not gonna tell it to my hubby though!

• My boyfriend and I notice that whenever we eat onions and/or garlic we are insanely angry the next day. We will have fly off the handle spazzes and be like what the hell is going on and then “oh yeah we ate garlic yesterday” Anyway I don’t know if it’s true for everyone but I think it really irritates your nerve endings or something. Just a thought.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I had major moody times while transitioning, in fact I still do, but I never know if it’s the stress of life/work or if it’s related to food intake

• well I have a lot of naggage and Im moody to begin with so…. Things got alot better after day 5 for me… On day two I felt like my face was going to melt off… I was hot and cold and I had the shakes. But I went cold turkey, I was a SAD girl. Anywhooo so alot of my stuff was physical. .

• Worley… how much Goji berry juice would you say in a day? Interesting that it helps with the moods; do you know why that is? Just curious. :)

• ambergirlambergirl Raw Newbie

oh I am SO MOODY!!! when i’m not on the raw boat that is.. it’s horrible. for both my boyfriend and I. When I’m 60% raw and above, we’re good. No moodiness. However, when I fall out the raw boat, oh the downslide is terrible. There’s anger fits, taking things out of context, and tears. Lots of tears. God bless my boyfriend.

MIND YOUR OWN FRIGGEN BEESWAX! GOD! Who you callin MOODY?!!!

Tee hee hee! I am in such a strange mood today! Way too silly!! :) Oh I realize I already answered this post! I wasn’t in a smartarse mood that day though.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

HAHAHA!! Luna, you cracked me up big time. What was that movie called, with the total nerdtron and his friend Pedro (vote for Pedro), you know, the guy with the crazy curly hair and the moon boots. Argh! I’m having a brain fart and can’t remember the name of the movie! But anyway, when I read your post just now it was in his voice. Heheheee, funny! Of course, if you haven’t seen that movie, then I’m just a babbling idiot… ;o)

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE! I knew I’d remember.

I’m lying. I just googled “vote for pedro.”

Yes, that’s exactly how I said ‘GOD’. hard to put that sort of intonation in print! I can’t believe you got it!!! I always sayit like Napoleon Dynamite, and of course the hubby getsa a kick out of that and says ‘ok Napoleon!’ to me!

Ramble on! OOOh me silly today!

My sister and I do that, too. “GOD!” It’s just too fricken funny. ;o)

seize