Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Ice Cream Ideas??

I would love to see some recipes that use nut mylks instead of “nut bases” ie: ground cashews, etc. (is that possible?) Something a bit less fattening. I will give you BIG CYBER hugs if you could help me out! Cooked vegan ice cream is one of my biggest temptations.

Comments

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

you can use a champion style juice to make ice cream of frozen fruits.

or use a food processor for your ice cream dishes. like frozen banana or strawberry ice cream, blueberry ice cream. do banana ice cream with cacao powder. mix that baby up.

• Yep, nearly every night we’ll have banana ice cream. Just frozen bananas & whatever flavor we are feeling thrown into the VitaMix. A couple dates & cacao or some mint & a touch of agave, or some frozen blueberries. The possibilities are endless. Fat free & SOOO much more yummy!

• I did make strawberry ice cream in the vitamix and it rocked! I was definately looking for a “chocoholic” route and both of these ideas sound wonderful! Thank you so much for the input…the bananas are going in the freezer right now!

Cyber Hugs all around! xoxo

• I make nut milk-based ice creams alot! This is a great question. First, I make a nut milk by blending 1/2 cup each of soaked almonds and soaked brazil nuts with 4 cups of water. Strain the milk through a nut milk bag, and put the milk back in the blender. Take 2-3 cups young coconut meat, with about 1/4 cup agave nectar. Put this mixture through an ice cream maker, and that’s a great base for ice cream. Add vanilla bean, extract, for vanilla ice cream, strawberries for strawberry ice cream, and cacao powder for chocolate ice cream. Hope this helps!! It’s still got nuts and coconut in it, but you said nut milks would work. :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

rawclaire- nice. i’ve been keeping some “spare” coconut meats in the freezer. can you make this without an ice cream maker?

• Sure, I would figure!!

• Check the forum topic on how to freeze raw ice cream piana. http://www.goneraw.com/forums/2/topics/3507 I think I had a small explaination on how I would freeze without an ice cream maker.