Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Food Processor Advice

I’m going to buy a food processor and wanted some advice. In short:

Cuisinart vs. KitchenAid

7-cups vs. 11/12

I mainly prepare food for myself, but for the week.

Any advise is appreciated.

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

For one, you’ll be fine with the 7Cup. But, if you want to dehydrate stuff, the 11-Cup will be best. I wish I got the 14-Cup now that I’m doing this more often. There’s only 2 of us to feed here.

• i have done a lot of research on this as i am getting a food processor from my parents as a house warming gift. to start, i borrowed my mom’s 14 cup cuisinart prep for 3 weeks. i hated it, as you have to take out the feed tube entirely to open the lid and stir the contents, which is messy and a pain for a quick wipe of the sides. the 14 model also comes in a pro variety (the boxier looking one) that does not have this feature but it’s expensive. in the end, i decided on the kitchenaid 11 cup. 7 cups was way too small for meals that last more than one day, and the kitchenaid also comes with a smaller 4 cup attachment that will replace my ancient cuisinart mini-prep from things like guacamole, salad dressings and seed cheeses that get made in smaller batches.

i hope that helped! the best thing i found was to go to the store and play with them.

• So am I reading that wrong or is the 7-cup Kitchenaid running $90?

• Thank you. I think I’m leaning toward the KitchenAid. It’s amazing how wedded I was to the Cuisinart because of its historical prominence.

• I prefer cuisinart over the kitchenaid, but it’s just a personal preference. I would however suggest that you go with at least the 11 cup model. 7 cups sound like a lot, but it really isn’t when you are chopping stuff. They last forever and eventually you may be cooking for more than yourself. I love my 11 cup cuisinart!