Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Disappointed with Blendtec

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I did a lot of research before getting my Blendtec and really thought I was making the right choice since there seemed to be toxic issues, etc. with vitamix but I will say, I’m disappointed. I can’t do any of the cool sauces, ice creams, etc. with the blendtec.. it just pushes everything off to the side. It’s great for smoothies, but I wouldn’t have paid so much just to have nice smoothies. Anyone have same issue?

Comments

• Wow Kminty, I recently purchased a blendtec as well and I am not having these issues with mine. The only thing is that I wish it had a stick plunger thingy like the vitamix. I have to stop between cycles and mix stuff around, but you have to do that with the Vitamix as well. I make icecream regularly for my husband and daughter in the blendtec and it comes out really creamy.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

HMM.. maybe it’s because I”m trying to make dips, etc. without much extra liquid? I’m glad you like it

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

in another thread i was explaining how i use a plastic cup with a towel wrapped over it that i wedge down about 3/4’s of the way into my blender in order to keep things like almonds from flying around and missing the blade . this method of making the blender jar space smaller helps greatly . and ide thusly suggest you find something with a handle and plate on end to shrink up your jar space , something like a minature plunger used for toilets . youll have to experiment and create something . in the mean time ide write ktec and request they come out with a spacer type deal like that .

you could maybe make a plug/plate out of like 1/4 ” thick plexiglass with a handle to hold it down into blender , cut the plexiglass with a jig or scroll saw in order to get a peice the exact shape to fit in blender . then glue on a fitting thatll except a threaded handle like on plungers .

it might sound like a hassle making this peice but its worth it to prevent burning up a 400 blender because its constantly spining / overworking because jar contents are flying around with out being forced into the blades . a very simple thing that i cant believe the blender makers are too stupid too figure out .

• Kminty, I have made dips and such but I had to make sure I had enough dry ingredients to get the blender going. A small amount of nuts or dry ingredients will not get blended properly. HTH

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I don’t have a problem with dip and sauces in mine (yes, make sure you add enough liquid). Have you tried the different cycles and settings? Some of them work pretty well for other things they were not meant for.

If you are making nut butter, yes, you will have to scrape the butter towards the blender blend but I think you would have to do that with any blender.

Did yours come with a recipe book? if so, try to find a recipe that is close to what you are making (like they have a hummus recipe – not raw but it gives the directions for which cycles is the best and timing).

I mostly use the 2 button on mine. Perfect timing and speed to blend my smoothies – crushes ice too! :)

• I love my Blendtec make all kinds of sauces dips and thick ICE cream seldom do I feel like I need a tapper, but I fould an old tapper I have for a cheap Walmart smoothie mixer and it fits the air cap in the Blendtecs top and will not hit blades it works great for things when I mess up and put too much ICE or other dry or frozen items in blender…..Tim

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Tim.. do you remember what your smoothie mixer is called? maybe I could get one to get the tapper.. I’m not exactly even sure what a taper is I’ve just heard people talk about them on this site