Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hi,I'm new

I got to know this raw diet 4 months ago and start to incorporate more raw foods into my diet. Although I feel much better, no more depression and constipation however I started to crave for cooked foods and started to overeat. I had gained some weights and is now trying to savage the damage done.

But I had managed to eat 100% raw yesterday and wake up this morning feeling fresh and more energise. Praying that I can stick to 100% raw.

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Way to go! Take it one day at a time and you will make it…remember, you are worth it!

• Thanks spiritedmama v

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I believe in you! Dont let anything get in the way of you’re goals :)

God Bless, Vaughn

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Eunice.Hope you saw the other forum question that you asked me about the fast and green juices.I have evry day. I heard that if you have some fermented foods are excelent for your elimination process.Like nut cheese,or yogurt. That helps a lot. When you crave some food have a raw yogurt or a raw cereal,than you feel better.Take one day at a time like Spiritedmama said,and don’t feel guilty for anything you do.OK?

• Thanks Lucy, I saw you fast & green juices and had tried it yesterday. It was great. Where I’m residing doesn’t have raw diary availale and the temperature here doesn’t allow me to make my own raw cheese and yogurt. Can I take yogurt that have live culture? Does having live cultures means that the food is still living?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I replied to your other forum about the cravings but I just wanted to reply to you here aswell. Sounds like you are doing great!

I am 100% now and have been for over a year, but it took me quite a bit of a bumpy transitiong to get here.

The first year I tried being raw I ‘cheated’ a lot, maybe ever week or two, and ate vegan junk food, i.e. chips and fried rice! and yo yo ed back and forth between raw and cooked. I had a thing where if I had a craving for over 6 hours I gave in and ate whatever I was craving. This was because to deny yourself is worse, and makes you feel miserable and makes the craving more intense, I found that it was better to eat it and then get back to raw afterwards.

It took me a year of trying to be raw to give up coffee! I felt amazing for giving it up though, in the end!

Because I had been vegan for years, when I did ‘cheat’ and eat cooked food, it was always vegan which helps with not putting on weight I think, and maybe helped me get back to raw easier.

And none of it mattered, it was just part of the transition period, it wasn’t that I ‘couldn’t do it’, because here I am, a year into being totally 100% raw and thriving on it, with no cravings. If I can do it anyone can.

Understand that it is a process, that you have eated cooked for all your life, everyone you know eats cooked, it takes a while to step into this, and to change yourself. When you do ‘cheat’ and eat cooked notice how you body feels, and notice how you feel on raw, learn from it, don’t beat yourself up for it. Take it easy on yourself. Every successful raw foodist has been through exactly what you are going through.