Pregnant and raw?

Anyone know (or experienced) anything about being raw during a pregnancy? I am thinking of having another baby and want to be able to stay as raw as possible.

Comments

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

I have not experienced pregnancy but what i know is…

thegardendiet.com his name is storm. his wife jinjee who is raw had several children all raw except one and talks about the changes and what not. she had painless natural pregnancies. just like the rest of the animal kingdom besides the ones we have domesticated.

off hand maca, marine phytoplankton liquid form, coconut oil and cacao, krill oil, lots of avocados, reishi, dyno stema are awesome during pregnancy. especcially bee pollen. eat alot of that and you child will be a genius.

do colonics and cleansing to get in tuned with your body more. intuned to what is going on inside.

cornucopia of superfoods = genius

• I just had a successful raw pregnancy, and would highly recommend it. It was awesome, a very positive experience. I kept a blog about it (that needs to be updated) at www.thegardenbaby.com

I personally don’t think cacao is a good idea…when I eat it I feel like I had 3 cups of coffee (jitters,etc.) Raw carob is probably a safer choice.

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

i agree, but everyone is different. my mom needs a pinch in the morning and she is set for most of the day. any more. she will be up till 4 am cleaning the attic, true story. I can eat a whole bowl of ground cacao with agave right before bed and it wont faze me.

• rawjulie – I’ve looked at your blog a bit but I was wondering if maybe you could give me some nutrition suggestions specific to a raw pregnancy. I’m new to raw foods and am 2 whoppin weeks pregnant so I have lots of questions and concerns at this point to make sure I’m getting a balanced diet. Can you help?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Possibly consider seeing a nutritionist/dietitian specializing in vegan raw foods. Or just vegan cooked, and you can eat it raw instead!

• Susieb07 – If you eat a wide variety of raw foods, I’m sure you’ll be fine… A couple of my staple foods were fresh squeezed OJ, which has a lot of folic acid, which is what most prenatal doctors prescribe, also raisins for iron, tahini smoothies and dressings… I had a lot of green juice in my 2nd trimester. Strangely enough fatty foods didn’t appeal to me until my 3rd trimester, so I stayed away from nuts and avocados for most of the time. Always liked Durian, though :)

This is just what worked for me, you should definitely trust your body and intuition. Though I do think most cooked food cravings are emotional, not because you need them. I had a lot of them in my 1st trimester, but never acted on any of them.