Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ways to curb craving

I had problems to curb my craving for processed foods and will usually end up overeating. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

If you do an exercise the cravings goes away.I usually walk and try to figure out what exactly that I want,and feel.If I really want to eat something I go and make myself a fruit salad,or a cereal (apple,banana, sunflower seeds,flax seeds,walnuts,and an almond milk _almonds,water,dates).That fills me up and helps a lot.

• Thanks Lucy, willgive it a try

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

When I went truly 100% – after exmining everything i was eating that I thought was raw and eliminating the stuff that is not like some nuts, etc, that was when my worst stage of craving cooked food went away. 100% is the easiest, even more than 99%, it made a big dfference to me and my husband, we both went through the same thing. But I think aswell, to get to being 100% and enjoying it, you need to make sure that you are eating enough. Make lots of puddings, cakes and breads, things that make you feel pampered and decadent. You won’t be eating these things forever as a raw vegan because you’ll naturally transition into wanting more simple things, but the recipes are there to help us transition and I recommend that you make full use of them. I found that Shazzie’s pizza which I posted on here helped me a lot, I ate it everyday for about 6 months! And apple pie with cream worked well for me too. Good luck, and stay with it, it is the best descion you could have ever made for yourself, congrats on making it this far! You should be so proud of yourself. You are a pioneer ;)

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Eunice, what are the specific foods you crave? I have a list of raw foods that you could eat that would get rid of that cooked food craving, and I’d be happy to help you with this.

• I usually crave for ice cream and cookies.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

You can make ice cream and cookies – and they will be soooo good! :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

i make a walnut cake and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and it tastes like cookies and cream ice cream!

• Try the banana split, lemon cheesecake smoothie, and raweo shake recipes from this website. They are easy to make and are delicious!

Zoe, Will you post your walnut cake recipe? It sounds yummy. Thanks!