Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Camping Recipes!

Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

I’m going camping in Yosemite for two days with my best friend, and I am in need of some raw things I could take with me for us to share.

I’m already planning on some trail mix and some of those walnut-date brownies, and some whole fruits and veggies, but does anyone else have and fun suggestions?

My friend doesn’t know a lot about raw food so something that might impress him could be nice too : P

Comments

• Well I know there was another post on this one you may want to reference ms uh :).

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

What a perfect topic for the first day of Spring! There are some ideas here: http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/3829

• You’ve got a great start with what you’re bringing Slosh-uh. If you bring along some dehydrated crackers, some avocados and lime you’ve got guacamole! You could also make a noodle dish if you bring along a zuchinni or carrots. bring along some crushed nuts, curry powder, cumin and lime and some coconut pulp. Mash it all together and pur over the veggie noodles and you’ve got a curry dish. You could also bring some sundried tomatoes, galic, onion and italian spices for a marinara sauce. To re-hydrate just do it the night before in a sealable jar. Then you’re ready by dinner time! I also find that if you dehydrate a good pizza dough recipe in individual slices and put them in a plastic container they keep very well. You could bring along some nut cheese, veggies and sundried tomatoes for the toppings. I hope this helps.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

I was thinking smores. Make a sweet flax cracker, raw choco bar, and for the marshmellow, maybe a cashew cream? I don’t know, I’m still working on it ;-)