Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

GARLIC.. yes or no

2»

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Not a bad idea to test it out and see how you feel, just like anything else. I agree with whoever said that we get a lot of nutrients from foods, even if they aren’t perfect. I have been thinking about this a lot lately, because a lot of foods are now being found to have some kind of toxin(s) in them, including all greens! I believe that Victoria Boutenko recommended varying the kinds of greens we eat to avoid a buildup of any one toxin. I realized that we are all mortal. Maybe that is why we are mortal – because everything is toxic in some way?! Raw, living food can improve our health and extend our lives. It is not the same as being immortal. I think it’s important to listen to our bodies. Maybe for me, when I was super sick, 10 cloves of garlic was the best choice, because the garlic was better for my body than the illness or a prescription antibiotic would have been. Maybe now I need other things more and I will be better off without it. Thanks for the information, ardesmond2 :) Did you make your pizza today with no garlic or onions? How did you make it?

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

From reading some of these forums I’ve come to the conclusion that the old rule of all things in moderation seems to hold true. Extremism has never served a good purpose!

• Angie I made it from this site with no onions or garlic, it was a basic pizza crust with buckwheat, avocados, sun dried tomato’s, dehydrated for about 8 hours. The toppings were red pepper, yellow pepper, pine nut cheese, a simple marinara of sundried tomatoes and water with some basil and oregano, with a 1/2 cup of walnut sausage on top. I have to say it was darn good, wish I had some left over.

Keven7197 What is extreme is when I want my wife to shut up talking to me in the morning when she has had onions, and garlic from the night before. People say eating raw food is extreme. No extreme is people who start eating living foods always questioning if you get enough nutrients, when half of there life a days food would consist of some french fries, snickers bar, a red bull, and a hamburger with there greens coming from a wilted piece of ICEburg lettuce.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

I personally tolerate de-veined garlic just fine, but onions I just can’t stomach.

• Just another two cents also read that you should beware that most commercial garlic and onion powders are not raw and are made from strong varieties grown for dehydrating and meant to be cooked

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

No offense was intended. I was simply stating that we can mental masturbate this thing or we can use common sense, lol. Your wife not willing to shut up after a nite of garlic and onion is not a health concern. Some people may be allergic and should avoid garlic however it’s not inherently “toxic”. Garlic is well documented to be a broad spectrum antibiotic and very useful as a medicine.

• sorry adesmond, it just doesn’t interest me to give it up at all. I have gone long periods without it and I feel worse if anything. Garlic is not toxic, because if it is, everything is. Every food has toxins and our bodies are capable of fighting them off. I am going to worry much less about garlic in my food (which has been comsumed in my family for years, we are Italian, and we have all had long lives) than eating something cooked or processed which really does mess with me. Thanks anyway for the info, it is nice of you to put things out there, just don’t expect everyone to heed it.

• Kevin7197 No offense taken,you would have to hear me say it in order to know that I didn’t take it in offense.

Adensspell : I think we jumped off the path somewhere if you thought I wanted everyone to take heed. I am a foodie at heart and tend to like to bounce things off of people not transform them.

Peace and BLessing to all.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqGGspJie34&feat…

david wolfe gets excited about garlic 6 minutes 59 seconds in!!