Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

sick/detox need help

i’m on day 16 of 100% raw and i’ve been sick for about 6 days, headaches, achey body, runny nose and now my cough is getting worse, super phlegm yuck! anyone know any magic remedies or have any advice, encouragement?

thank you, ami

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

ami~ This is good and bad news… The bad news is you feel crappy. The good news is that your body is working on getting rid of internal garbage, but just isn’t able to eliminate it fast enough to avoid “symptoms.”. Here is some info that might be useful: Detoxing/Cleansing/Correcting Response. Feel better soon.

• try adding cayanne pepper to a meal.. helped my phlegmmy throat clear up instantly.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Eating some cooked food will stop your detox symptoms dead in their tracks. I used to do this when it got too much. I would have some cooked vegan food, usually potatoes and everything would be fine again. It really proves how amazingly well 100% works, and how bad cooked food is too though!! Even a little steamed veg or rice works… If you don’t want to do that then just keep going, go easy on yourself. Cut out superfoods because they make you detox very strongly and rapidly, so that means no green powders etc, and you could do without that right now. Drink lots of water. It won’t last heartshapedsky, when it is over, probably no more than 3 more days, you will feel so amazing. So choose whether you want to stop it with cooked food or press on, but be proud of yourself all that nasty yuk leaving you at last, how wonderful ;)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

zoe- that’s so interesting to hear. i wondered how you transitioned. i do that too.

heartshapedsky- colon hydrotherapy will help guide these toxins out of the body. there is so much to throw out, sometimes we need a little spring cleaning.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

thank you for the kind words.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Whenever I get a cold or feel phlegmy (sheesh, what an awkward word… flemmy? hehe) I make a hot infusion of ginger, cayenne, lemon and honey. It’s intense, but it warms you up and cuts the gunk.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’ve been 99% raw for 13 days now, and I spent the past five sleeping. The sleeping helps – i’ve had some migranes and nausea too. I’ve found that fresh fruit juices (orange, watermelon, etc) really help me to cleanse. Keeping it simple – lots of fruit, a little salad/dates/seeds – has helped with my digestion too. I hope you feel better! I hear that we should be done with detox soon.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

okay, now my throat has a dagger in it! my son also has been coughing, so maybe this detox has turned really germy and we are sick!

i'm going to try your drink, jenergy.
  • lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

Put some fresh ginger (unpeeled, nothing fancy, just throw a big chunk in) in the blender with some water and blend it. If you want it sweeter, you can add honey or agave. Sip it. It should help the inflammation in your throat go down.