Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Food Processors

I’ve already seen a couple great recipes (walnut brownies!!) that require a food processor. Well, mine is clearly not cut out for this type of thing. What is this Vitamix I’ve seen…is it the best processor to get? Thanks!

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

VitaMix is a blender. It’s a high-speed blender up to 2 horsepower. BlendTec is the same… up to 3 horsepower. These are great for making smooth creamy soups, dressings, puddings, pies, ice creams, etc.

As for food processor, there are several good ones out there. People seem to like KitchenAid… I like my Cuisinart.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

the vitamix is a blender , its tied in popularity with the ktec brand blender as the very powerful top of the line near $400 blenders that people like to very quickly make very smooth smoothies with among other things .

concerning processors , from reading alot of raw foodists opinions the past 3 years and checking them out at store , ide say that the KITCHEN AID brand is very well liked . theyve 1 at around 100 then another around 140 that ive heard alot of people recomend .

also , ive heard alot of people after theyve been into raw a few years and boughten all the toys , blender /dehydrator/processor , say they only use their blender . and that with a few hand tools and their blender do everything the processor does . but some love their processors , ecspecially people into fancy recipes . and from reading and looking them over ive determined the processers more work to clean if you want to factor that in . just my 2 cents .

• I’ve had my Cuisinart for about 12 years and it is still going strong. The food processor really saves a lot of time; it would be much more time-consuming, though of course not impossible, to make things like pates and hummus without it.

• i think i bought my cuisinart USED like at least 8 years ago, and it blends up hard dates and walnuts smooth. to me cuisinart is synonymous with food processor.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I love the cuisant! I have a fancy blendtec yet find that I use my cuisanart much much more.

• I have a cuisinart that also has a blender. Inexpensive and works very well.

• I’ll join in on the “love my cuisinart” wagon. I have a vitamix (awesome blender/mixer) also but since I invested in the cuisinart OMG it’s just amazing and FAST.

First I got a 7 c. then returned it and got a great (almost new) 11 c. model that is just great.

Another thing that swayed me almost 100% to cuisinart vs. kitchen aid is the 10 yr motor warranty vs the minimal 1 yr from kitchenaid.

Vive la Raw!

• My college has an amazing chocolate nut raw and vegan brownie. I have to find the recipe. I’m back home now and waiting for September my tastes buds miss school soooo much.