Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What to do with leftovers from almond milk ?

I’m a beginner and wondered how to make easy cheeses from the ground up almonds I make milk out of. Are there any other things I can do with that stuff besides stick it in a compost pile ?

Comments

• It is easy to make cheese from left over pulp, mix in a few flavours (herbs, lemon juice etc.. to taste) and place in a nut-milk bag or mesh fabric. Apply pressure to squeeze out excess moisture. Place in fridge. This should make cheese :)

You can also use the pulp to make ‘burgers’ or ‘patties’ in the same way but place the squeezed out pulp mix in a dehydrator in desirable shapes and wait :D

• pantypanda,

If you don’t know what to do with all that almond pulp you could use it in your almond milk. We soak 1 cup of almonds for 24hrs and then we remove the skins. We afterwards blend them in a Vita-Mix with just a little bit of water at first till creamy and then slowly add the rest of the water (total 3 cups water). The milk is very creamy. All that’s left is the almond skins that go to the compost pile.

• Great idea rawnutrition! How do you skin the almonds without putting hours into it?

• My dog LOVES almond mush… sometimes i even dehydrate it w/ a little garlic to make her some cookies

• I rely on family effort, the more hands available the quicker it gets done.

• thanks rawnutrition ! i don’t have a vitamix and won’t have the money for one for awhile… but your suggestion makes my burning want for one even bigger !

what you suggested will be the first thing i do when i get one ;]

• RawNutrition….why do you peal them instead of just adding the whole things? If you peal them does it come out more smooth, or what? Seems like a lot of work (I have no help here) unless the end result is a lot better. Marcy

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Almond carrot pate!

The almond peels come right off if you soak the nuts for 24 hours. You don’t need to peel them – your almond milk might have little bits of color, since you’re not straining it in the nut milk bag. It’s not a problem tho – i always make mine with skins.