Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need a Kombucha Starter

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

So I just realized I”m spending about 100 dollars a month on kombucha, ouch! I’d like to start making it myself and know I could order a scobi online, but if anyone has one they’d like to donate to the cause I’d be happy to pay for any shipping..

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

im trying to grow my own from the recipe under food prep forum, having a few issues with it but might be a way to go for too if you dont want to trust a mold from some unknown sourse!;)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Take a look on craigslist for your area. Some times people give away their “babies” free. My bf has a big one that he gives “jr bolbs” away to some people. Right now, it is in Wisconsin but he will be driving it back to California (where we are now soon). Do you live in Northern Cali? If so, I am sure he will give you a baby when the Master Blob arrives.

The babies need to stay in water though so shipping them probably wouldn’t work out.

Oops I see you are in NY! Ok, than I check the craigslist for your area – that would be the best bet. Or put up an ad for one!

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

I have big ones, that are rapidly reproducing. However I live in Iowa so it would be better for the earth to find one close to home. try this:

http://www.kombu.de/suche2.htm#usa It’s ok to mail a mushroom in a baggie with 2 cups of “starter” that’s how I got mine!

• I want one Im in NOR CAL!

And you can mail em from anywhere..I got one off ebay a few years ago and they sent it in a plastic ziploc with some tea in it and extra tape to seal it! Oh I just looked at last post..oops silly me..I got all excited…I love kombucha! I want to figure out how to make it with rasins or something so no sugar…ohhh keep me posted.. queenfluff..where you at in nor cal?

• Hi everyone. I had started a thread a while back asking how to make Kombucha tea. There were some fabulous and very detailed instructions. I realized, however, that I’m the kind of person who does better with some kind of “kit” (o.k., I’m lazy). Here is the website for a kombucha kit that includes the starter: http://store.anahatabalance.com/cokobrkit.html.

Hi ambikalee -

My bf and I just moved to Mountain View (in Silicon Valley). The kombucha blobbie is in Wisconsin right now but my bf is going to back to WI to get it probably next week (not just to get the blobbie – other stuff too) so it should arrive in Cali in a few weeks hopefully! So, I’ll post when it is here – we can give you a baby blob!:)