Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

cleaning the colon

I was just wondering what people use for colon cleanse and where do I go to get for the products?

Comments

• I haven’t used a colon cleanse, so I can’t recommend one in particular, but my suggestion for finding a good one and getting a knowledgeable recommendation would be your local health food store.

• Here are two choices one cheap and one expensive. I have never tried the colon cleansing products. Never felt comfortable with them.

1. Eating seeds from a papaya.

2. Klamath Lake blue Gree Algae in 8oz of water

• For a cleanse I did the “Master Cleanse” also called the Lemonade Diet for 14 days and did very well on it. It uses only natural foods, no chemicals to cleanse the body including the colon. I used it as a segway to go from the standard american diet to a Raw food diet. Check it out on the internet it might be something your interested in.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yeah, I am currently on my second master cleanse. I really felt that it worked well the first time. You do it for a minimum of ten days and it really flushes out the colon. You should definitely look into it.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Fresh fruits are the best cleansers. If you still wish to cleanse I suggest a salt water flush. 1 tbls mixed with 32 oz. of water. Consume this mixture in one sitting on an empty stomach(very important) and then lay on your right side for at 1/2 hour. It may be the most horrible tasting thing you have ever tasted but it is very efficient in removing excess waste. Adding some grapefruit juice may help with the taste. Do not do this too often or you may flush out too many nutrients and you will end up feeling very weak and dizzy. I also agree with ardesmond2 recommendation. Papaya seeds eaten whole are very efficient in the removal of intestinal parasites. Seaweeds are very good at drawing out toxins. There are many options for cleansing out there. I do not agree with the master cleanse because of the use of maple syrup. Refined or heated sugars actually feed parasites which may be lingering in the stomach. I hope that helps! Any other questions feel free to ask.

Lots of Love, V

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I also forgot to mention to use a very finely ground sea salt. Table salt or any other salt just wont cut it.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

these sounds like important points – does anyone use probioics, psyllium husk, bentonite clay?

fasting on water, juices, raw fruits and vegetables Probiotics psyllium husk and/or seeds or flax seeds bentonite clay

http://www.healingdaily.com/colon-kidney-detoxi…

I’m going to start drinking lemon water, and having 3-5 Tbsp of flax (each Tbsp in a glass of water) throughout the day. I hope this is a good start… I want to do more though.

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

There is no fecal/mucoid material in the colon because none can stick there. It comes from the 33-foot long small intestine. All kinds of nasty stuff can accumulate in the small intestine. The body is self-cleansing. Colon cleansing products are toxic and a waste of money. Drink water, juices and smoothies and eat raw fruits and vegs and your body will totally clean out the natural way. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you colon cleansing products.

Any Gastroenterologist will say the same thing. Save your money!

• I tend to agree with jgfergus, just based on common sense. If you can’t see it or understand it then people will try to sell you something. I have heard good things about the cleanses by Dr. Schultz. But I have never wanted to try any boxed remedy. I’m all about diet

• Tried bicarbonate of soda? Cleans most things,and its cheap. One more thing, it’s said to kill cancer on contact, Dr Simoncini say so in his book, Cancer is a Fungus.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

psyllium husk has worked wonders for me. i bought it in bulk at my local coop – it’s a plant, not a colon cleansing product, so it’s all good.

• Has anyone tried having a colonic or do you prefer to do it yourself?

• Hi folks, its mainly a lady thing, but yeh, i lost my virginity, watching these green bits of food float out, like some of you, i was led to expect more, its a ripoff.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i asked my naturopath about it and she said unless you are bound up (meaning not going at least once a day), then skip it. it is better to try to treat it nutritionally.

• Thanks for the tips

• Hi! I have heard of colon hydrotherapy but have not tried it. I have heard good things from people who have…but a gastroenterologist told me that your colon gets use to whatever you put it through for an extended time (like if you have the colon hydrotherapy your colon will get use to being empty and you will become use to this and only feel good when your colon is empty.) Anyway, just a thought. If anyone has had colon hydrotherapy though, I would like to hear your opinion. Thanks

• Hey folks! I have had a colonic and wasnt really impressed. I did the COlonix program and really felt cleaned out. I agree that it isnt necessary but it was a nice way to get all the old meat and ickies outta my system. Also another natural easy food tip…eat pumpkin seeds a handful every day they are antiparasitic and taste better than papaya (but I am biased I DO NOT LIKE PAPAYA flesh let alone the seeds!) Be well!

• humanimal- can you do both the salt water cleanse and papaya seeds in the same day or should they be done seperatly, I have saved the seeds from my papaya and was going to try that tomoroow, since I have the day off work. I am just wondering in your opinion which is more effective?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Someone asked about bentonite! Yes, I use it! I like these non-invasive colon cleansers. I do a salt water flush. Sometimes I do a salt water flush and afterward, a psyllium seed husk with liquid bentonite diluted in water and grape juice. Of course, I don’t take the latter without first completely flushing with the salt water flush (i.e. water comes out the other end). And, I end the next day with the salt water flush to get the psyllium and bentonite out. Of course, there are lots of details I’m not mentioning here…

I am curious about the papaya cleanse though. How do you save the seeds and how long can you keep them?

• Hi germin8, are you keeping the gross TMI details to yourself???? I have saved the seeds for a few days, I save them in tupperware covered with some water to keep them “Fresh” lol, in the fridge, they are still good.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i have had great experiences with colon hydrotherapy. i didn’t do it because i was constipated in the least.

with the amount of cleansing that we put our bodies through on raw after a lifetime of cooked, non-vegan, it makes sense to me that your body would need a little help cleaning up…

also a point from matt monarch (who is pro-colonics, but his books are a pleasure to read for other reasons):

colonics are NOT natural, but neither is our environment. saying our body is “self-cleaning” is a moot point. we were not designed (and have not evolved to be able) to release the scum from all the toxic chemicals humans have recently created… i’m not someone who goes around SCARED all day, but the reality is that our planet is UNNATURALLY POLLUTED.

“raw success” explains why colon hydrotherapy can be very helpful to the veteran raw foodist. he claims that a failure to perform such maintenance is why raw foodists are NOT out-living conventional eaters.

harmonylia – haha. Actually, no… there is absolutely nothing invasive about the cleanse I did. Just some really great bowel movement. What I am leaving out is the recipes for the “concoctions”, the recommended supplements, and hot-cold sauna – the stuff to prevent a healing crisis. Well, at least from my experience at The Voice in the Wilderness Mission in MA.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

my naturopath just prescribed some magnesium for me. it’s supposed to help the smooth muscles do their thing. i am blocked up sometimes.

bitt – When I went to the mission (or maybe it was a natural health class), I was told that… Over 30, magnesium is just as important if not more important than calcium.

• Wow, germin8, I did not know that. I just hit the big 30 (I’m still going with 29) and totally had no idea. Thanks!

• does anyone know how long papaya seeds will keep for? I am assuming no longer than the fruit itsefl would keep, I have had mine for a week now and am wondering if they are still good to use?

• Hmmm, I’m not sure mmmorgans, I have used mine after a few days and they were fine, but it’s the when in doubt, throw it out theory that I always hold onto.

• I just did the salt flush today and that worked well, it’s supposed to be better and cheaper and more natural…more thorough, ect than the colonics or enemas.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i just looked up the “salt water flush.” i will try it. thanks.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Where do I get more information about the salt water flush?