Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Kombucha

humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Hey guys check out this new product. It raw kombucha which is a Chinese tea which has been cultured for 30 days. It is loaded with with healthy probiotics which have been used to aid in digestion, immunity,and more.

http://gtskombucha.com/

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I love this tea – the ginger is my favorite so far!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

nice! If you like the ginger one then you should try the Trilogy. Its a blend of raspberry juice, ginger juice, and lemon juice. The Greens with sea vegetables is pretty good too.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I’ll have to try the Trilogy – I’ve seen it before but haven’t grabbed it yet. I’ve had the green drink a few times and felt really good that I was drinking so many greens (and it was pretty good, too). Then, I discovered green smoothies…

• The Trilogy Kombuchas are actually quite tasty. They have an excellent selection here in VA at the various Whole Foods stores. I have tried at least 3 varieties already. (Trilogy has several…)

• Have you tried the grape? It’s awesome!

• I just realized that I hadn’t tasted Trilogy! I have been drinking Synergy Kombucha teas. I just realized this today as I was drinking one… Guess I gotta try Trilogy, then…lol

Anyone try the original?

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

I actually picked up an Original today. I didn’t know which flavor to try first. It was good. Kind of wine like in flavor, imo. I grew up drinking kombucha that my grandma grew herself. I guess the original tastes like that more then the others (go figure!).

• im guessin were talking about the brand “synergy” my fav. is the gingerberry unless your going to drink 3-4 bottles a day i suspect you wont get healthier from a bottle here and there.and at 3-4 dollars a bottle i cant see this as practical.

also, you will probly reap the same benefits with an organic green tea infused with a little organic apple cider vinegar.
  • If you haven’t tried the guava or mango you’ve missed the best!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I feel jeolous of all the flavors everyone has tried….our coop only had the original, sea vegetable, ginger, and citrus. I would love to try the trilogy, grape, guava, or mango. They sound so yummy! I will be in Phoenix this weekend, and I think I will put Whole Foods on the list of places to stop and stock up!

just ask your local health store to order you some new flavors. Unfortunately when you do order you have to get a case :( Oh well I end up drinking them all and enjoying every single one :) Enjoy your self in phoenix!

Vaughn

• I am drinking the Cosmic Cranberry at this moment. Very very good! I wish I could find the Mango flavored here but unlikely. I find that it makes me belch though – am I the only one?

Naa you arent the only one. Its from the carbonation from the the fermenting process.

• I LOVE this stuff.

I think the multi-green is my favorite. But, it depends on what i’m craving that day!

• Has anyone tried making their own kombucha? I’ve never tasted it before, but I just bought a kit. I would appreciate any pointers you can give me!

• I also would appreaciate comments for own kombucha, because it is so expensive, I cannot afford. Thanks

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

You can make your own Kombucha – my bf does it and he has a BIG culture (I call it “Blobbie”) that he has had for years. It is a big blob of a culture that sits in a bowl of liquid (the kombucha). I’ll ask him how he started it – but if you can find someone that has a culture that gave give you a piece of it (starter culture – which we call “Son of Blobbie”) than you can start to make your own.

There are a lot of websites with info on how to make it.

http://www.kombuchaustralia.com/making.html http://www.instructables.com/id/EHFB6PT6FPEP286CUE http://www.kombucha.org/

om/kmi/manual.html”>http://users.bestweb.net/om/kmi/manual.html

Kombucha tastes like it could be an alcohol to me. We have alot around but I rarely drink it. It is strong tasting to me and it seems like something I would have to replace a real drinkie. :)

I’ll come back with some tips later.

• i recently discovered the joys of kombucha, and was loving it until i read “kombucha consumption might likely alter the effectiveness of many medications, including pill-based birth control.” Does anyone know if this is true or not? Or how much Kombucha i would have to be drinking before i started getting worried? Thanks for your thoughts..

• Another kombucha fan here too!! I’ve tried all 13 of the GT’s Synergy & Original flavors and pretty much liked them all except the Citrus (too harsh/lemony). I also ordered the starter kit from Laurel Farms and am still waiting on it to arrive. I’ll probably still buy the GT’s stuff at Wild Oats, but am hoping to save a little bit of mula by brewing some of my own too.

• I used to make Kombucha at home but I started worrying about the sugar, I know the culture eats it all but it still didnt seem natural. Does anyone know of a more Raw foodist approach? I agree with Quenfluff..I get a buzz of a bottle of kombucha!