Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is anyone else as COLD as I am?

2»

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

achin70 – Thanks for the info. about foods. I have been warmer lately, and I thought it was just because the weather is getting warmer – then I realized it has been snowing and very cold wind lately, and my mom has been saying it is COLD! I have been downing macadamias and avocados like a maniac, and I have been wanting to use dates as a sweetener, which I haven’t done much, ever!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

angie: You’re a perfect example of someone who listens to her body. Amazing what happens when you really tune in and listen (I could use a little improvement in this area)! Your body leads you to the correct foods. :)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Thank you – it’s true, I love that my body lets me know what it needs. I tend to not listen quite as well when I get stressed and/or money is tight, but even that is going a lot better as I have just made it a priority, because I realized I handle stress a lot better when I give my body what it needs, just like any other time/situation in my life. :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I was so cold this morning. My naturopath mentioned that raw foods can be hard in a damp climate like seattle. So I am trying to add “warming” spices like curry spice, cinnamon, etc to my food today. And I had some lukewarm miso soup. I am still waiting for my dehydrator which I am looking forward to using to warm some dishes and soups.

I have been cold all winter though…but just since raw. Can’t wait for some sun to bake me a little.

• I’ve been cold my whole life. I was the kid in the middle of the summer wearing sweats and lying in the sun after swim practice. I get cold on the inside, if that makes sense…like deep body chill, and I hate it – all I can think about is getting warm. I drink a lot of hot tea and wear layers. My favorite thing is getting into a car that’s been sitting in the sun all day, haha.

• grassdudegrassdude Raw Newbie

I don’t have this problem. I live in San Antonio, it’s 100 degrees over here lol.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Are you 100% raw? I’ve noticed from experience that I’ve actually been warmer on 100% than anything else – even in the middle of winter. As for clearing arteries, msm and garlic help, as does lots of vit C.

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I am very cold too! When it is like 70 outside, I am still cold. really weird..

• I never got cold until I went raw. Guess its because I lost allot of body fat but Im not complaining.

• Rawsiki, are you new to raw? I’ve heard that your body can direct its energies inwards to the organs that need repair in the initial stages of detox and rebuilding healthier tissue. Perhaps this might be it? Victoria Boutenko recommends taking cooler showers- you will find that when you get out after having a cold shower you will feel remarkably warm inside and a lot more energetic than if you have a hot one.

Hope this helps! :)