Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Best Resources

I’m trying to incorporate more raw into my diet. Apart from this website which has great info, is there a book that is great for beginning. Right now, I’m not super concerned with recipes. I’m more wanting to know “how to” techniques for things, which foods are safe raw and which are not, sprouting guides, etc. I browse around the internet and I know the answers to these things are out there – but, I like books! Is there a book that you like that is really comprehensive in this regard?

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey psalm25, I have a small collection of books and looking back, I would probably start with Alissa Cohen’s book, Living on Live Food.” Renee Loux Underkoffler’s book Living Cuisine has very detailed guides and gourmet recipes that you might find helpful with time. If you find sprouting and dehydrating too time consuming or overwhelming like I did, try Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko which has the simplest way of going raw – green smoothies. Good luck!

• I was thinking about this last night. Since we are all newbies – maybe we could learn together. Maybe pick a topic for a week or two and talk about what we learned and then move to the next topic. Or we could do it by starting with one book and going through it together. I don’t know about you, but there is so much info that I find my head spinning at times. I would like to get a better understanding of mixing greens/fruits. What say you?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

This sounds fabulous. I want to talk more about green smoothies and fruit/ leafy green combinations. I loved Victoria Boutenko’s book – 12 steps to raw food, i think – it’s similar to her other book, green for life. that’s all I’ve read so far.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

If you need a “Why am i doing this” book—go w/ David Wolfe’s Sunfood Diet success system. One of my first recipe books was Raw Transformation by Wendy Rudell. I still go back here lots for smoothie combinations, dressings, soups—the easy stuff. i still have a hard time waiting 8 hours for my crackers! So I’ve learned to always have sundried tomatoes soaking and flax seeds or sunflower seeds soaking—ready for crackers and burgers.