Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

days/weeks/months/years?

juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

How long has it been for everyone? High raw- no need for the 100% requirement. Just enough that it has become part of your daily life and is no longer weird to those around you. Just curious!

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well, it’s been about 2 years. 1 year at first, pretty much 100%, Then maybe about 7 months 50% only sometimes less, and now for the past few months high raw again. Something like that, I don’t know, I don’t really make a note of these sorts of things.

Well, how about you?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

50% raw for all of 2007. High raw for the past 4 months.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

It’s been my immersion for the last 2 years, almost exactly.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

90%-100% for a year, now about 80-85% last two months. Either way its second nature. I hardly even think about it anymore. Neither does anyone close to me.

• high raw for about 3 months, dabbled with it for a few months beforehand. definitely still learning, and my family still makes fun of me.

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

lalala- I am exactly the same as you! ps. cute doggy!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

High raw for over 2 1/2 years (except for a few weeks about 3 months ago), 100% for the last month and a half. My family doesn’t make fun of me as much now, but they still think it’s weird, especially because of my stint with cooked food a few months ago and now 100% raw and no fruit for the next few months – they just never know what to expect, so I have just told them not to worry about trying to feed me at family functions; I will just bring my own food most of the time. :)

• High raw for about 7 years.

• about 2 months high raw, with some cooked meals here and there. practically all because of this website. I was just trying to find a recipe for zuchinni pasta with pesto and after looking at all the recipes here and researching the lifestyle a bit, I thought, I could really do this! i was only going to do it for a week at first and all of a sudden I had bought a dehydrator and a spiralizer! last night my husband said- so when are you going to be done with this raw food thing? i said I have no intentions of stopping. poor thing said he misses my cooking and having dinner together :(

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

one year total. The first half was easy b/c I was living alone….now I have a not raw partner….whole different trip!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

High Raw since Oct 07 Was vegetarian 3 yrs and decided to go Vegan which lasted 2 days while I was discovering “raw”. Thank goodness for the computer and research. Love this site and all of you! Blujett8, your problems are of some consern for me as I am hoping to change my living circumstance soon… Or maybe NOT LOL

• High raw since September 2007.

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

The hardest thing for me was in the beginning going 2 weeks 100% raw, then eating something cooked and taking 2 or 3 days to get back into 100% raw again. I hope that if someone else out there going through this reads this, they know that it is normal. Well maybe not normal, but it would’ve helped me knowing that other people had similar experiences!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

8 months, it’s second nature and no one makes fun of me because they see how happy I am.

• 100% raw for 12 days now. Family is very suppotive.

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

good for you MontrealMommy! I’m in Toronto! Welcome to this wonderful community!