dried fruit and nut problem

I’ve been super raw for a little over 3 months now and the past few days I have found myself seriously gorging on dried bananas, raisins, figs, and nut butters….what’s going on?

all of a sudden my body is just like screaming “EAT SUGARY THINGS. FAT FAT FAT. EAT SUGAR AND FAT” I eat a few servings of greens a day (kale, collards, spinach) as well as eat a decently varied bit of fresh produce

i exercise pretty often and am really active on campus and at work…i’m also a scorpio and enjoy cuddling and bike rides…haha, there is a comprehensive account of my habits, any ideas why these cravings have popped up??

Comments

• JDJD

Like the humor. Well I believe the body usually tells you what it needs when it needs it. Have you not been eating these things regularly? I don’t find a few days of gorging to be bad especially if your body is screaming for it. I would endulge a little and listen to the good ol bod when it is satisfied and stop. I’ve had the same thing happen to me from time to time but I definitely pay special attention on when to stop. You might want to take a look at your diet and try to incorporate these items a little more regularly so as not to have another fit.

• MonsieurReality I know the feeling. I have a pretty grueling schedule between work a nine year old and working out 5 days a week. I have been 100% raw since Thanksgiving of 07 and just recently I have been eating jars of Almond butter everyday. I was pretty worried and it seemed the more I worried the more Almond Butter I ate. Your body will crave what ever it is missing is the only thing I have come up with. I read something interesting yesterday about grounding golden flax seed and sprinkling them on your apple or banana and that kind of gives the same feeling as gorging on fats. But just to make things sweet have you tried the fig and date bars http://goneraw.com/recipes/187-Fig-Date-Squares yeah talk about gorging I eat half of the recipe up before I can finish making them.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Your body usually knows what it needs! This may just be a phase. At least you are not satisfying your sweet cravings with Cadbury!

OMG, the fig and date bars are to die for!! I try not to make them too often!!

I have a problem with dates. (good thing cos’ I’m married!) No I mean big, gooey, Medjool dates. Oh mamma, stop me! The ones I got from Real Raw Foods, were the best I have ever had in my life!! Needless to say, they are already devoured.

• I absolutely CAN NOT stay away from the Chewy Chocolate Freezer Fudge Recipe from Raw Food Real World. It’s full of almond butter, dates and coconut oil. It’s too bad I can’t eat any dehydrated foods anymore. And all the nuts I eat have to be soaked. You can’t make soaked, non dehydrated almond butter, can you?? :(

You can, it will just spoil quicker! MMMM, I love soaked nuts, I don’t dehydrate them, I like them when they are still moist!! Gee, I hope that’s not bad for me!

• No that’s good for you Luna! definately! But if you try to grind soaked nuts, won’t they just turn into mush?

Yeah but, nut butter is mush anyway really!

• Yeah, but it’s buttery. I’m going to try to make an almond milk and strain it really good through a nut milk bag, so it’s more dry and crumbly. That will go straight into the vita-mix, and maybe it will turn inot nut butter!!