Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Ok, now that I shamelessly got your attention, I would love it if you went to the Other stuff forum and signed the pettition to stop Canadas seal hunt!

This is barbaric, and disgusting!! These creatures are so docile they let you walk up to them becasue they do not fear humans! They don’t know any better, they let these ‘people’ walk up to them and bludgeon them to death with clubs. IT IS CoMPLETELY BARBARIC AND INHUMMANE! I am ashamed that this takes place in my home country of Canada!

PLEASE, do your part, go to the ‘other stuff’ forum and sign the pettion.

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Thanks for reminding us, I signed it after I got an email about it. I can’t even think about it.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Wow, can I cry now?

COME ON PEOPLE!!! 40 Views, did you all sign it and are keeping silent about it? I have never said anything controversial on this site untill now: The lack of action, leads me to believe there are a whole lot of posers on this site!

Forgive me if I am wrong. I am exasperated here!!

Now I shall sit back and wathc the __ hit the fan!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I can’t find it,where is the “other stuff forums” located? Help as I would be proud to sign it.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I signed it. Other folks – please sign it!

• Done. Ugggghhh….Awful. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

canada seems so progressive in so many ways, i can’t believe this is still going on. sick.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Thank goodness I finally found the thread and signed it. Thanks for bringing this terrible condition to our attention!

• Luna Blu – it isn’t so much that we are posers or don’t care, but as we are not Canadian, I doubt our signature counts for much. At least, that’s why I haven’t acted…

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

signed, but now i feel really nauseaous. i have to weak of a stomach to be an activist. seeing this, and the other articles on the page just made me want to puke, i can’t believe there is still a demand for fur coats, i thought that they went out of style about 20 years ago.

Well, I did kinda say that to get people a little fired up enough to sign. Sorry.

stylistchick, I am so sorry you feel upset now. That’s exactly how i feel whenerver I see those terrible things!

Also, I don’t think it’s just a pettition for Canadians only, I think everyones voice should count!! Just because it is happening in Canada doesn’t mean only we are sickened by it. Also there is a pledge not to buy Canadian seafood, untill there is a stop to the hunts. I think that is aimed globally.

Oh hey Winona! You changed your photo! Is that little guy yours?

• I would sign it, but I’m too young. I’m going to see if I can get my mom to sign it. I haven’t watched the video or even looked at the website yet, but I’m going to see if my mom has time.

trawthlete: It doesn’t matter WHERE the seals are killed, what matters is that they ARE being killed. It wouldn’t matter to me if they are being killed in Canada or America even though I am American. After all. seals are mostly killed in Arctic areas, like Canada and Greenland and Alaska. The States aren’t frozen areas, so they don’t have this type of thing going on. But plenty of US people kill plenty o fdifferent animals just for food. If we only killed animals as healthy raw food for out pets, I tell ya the world would be alot healthier.

rawclaire, do yourself a favour and don’t watch the video or even look at the picturs! I havn’t even watched it, I have seen this abomination way too many times living in this ‘progressive’ country of mine!!

• Oh thanks for the advice! I wish I could get a bunch of Siberian tigers to the hunters of these animals. None of this would even be happening if we didn’t eat meat, or if we were not spoiled to need to wear a warm down or fur coat, but I mean, if people weren’t so careless, they wouldn’t even buy these coats because they know they’re wearing a bundle of dead animal. The only reason we would need to kill animals is just to feed our pets, which is normal since they are carnivores, right?

Hey Luna, I prefer not to open the website, so could you tell me how our signing the petition has an impact on the seals? I’m just curious, and I’d appreciate it if you could tell me. :)

Also, I am going to make a post to see if they will never buy leather furniture, clothes, boots, coats, shoes, anything requiring animals to be killed. If 4,000 people around the world stopped doing this, then that means the demand for these products would go down a little, and if there are 8,000 members on this site by the end of the year, that could keep up and eventually there would be alot less people buying these products and over the years, people would stop killing animals just so people can be warm and comfy. As for the carnivarous people, we’ll have to work on that too.

Well, hopefully this will bring to the attention of Canadas Minister of International Trade, the knowlege that alot of people do not want the hunts to continue. hopefull he, or someone, will put an end to this!!

it is so horrible, that for a long time, I thought it was no longer happening. Then a few years ago Paul Mccarney and his now ex-wife started a campaign to end the seal hunts. I was shocked that it was/is still going on. I guess I had just burried my head in the sand and told myself, ‘oh that’s not happening anymore, it’s illegal’ unfortunately i was wrong!

Oh come on! Please sign this. 161 views and only 8 voices here. A tear is slowly rolling down my cheek as i right this!

• I am not saying non-Canadians shouldn’t have a voice, nor that this stuff doesn’t happen elsewhere—simply that if you put PETITION IN CANADA as the subject – I will probably not take the time to visit there, simply b/c lawmakers are generally tasked with implementing the wishes of those who elected them. I have not elected anyone in Canada!

HOwever, this is atrocious – and I have made my wishes known through the petition. It seems sensible to include the link here in this thread – so you do not need to go looking for it. https://community.hsus.org/campaign/canada_grey…

peace

Thankyou so much! I am just not computer savvy at all and frankly, last time I tried to link something it didn’t work. So thanks for that!!Btw, neither subject heading said that. Mine said simply ‘Please help’

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I signed it.

• I signed it right away after I got email about it from HSUS.

• I signed when JoyceH originally posted before.

• Signed! Thanks Luna for bringing this tragedy back to our attention!

• I am both an American and Canadian, and I am ashamed of both countries! Unfortunately there is not even one country on this planet that doesn’t mistreat animals, if you can find one let me know. I did sign the petition long ago as I get email from HSUS as well. Even Sir Paul McCartney can’t get those &*&$# to stop, it’s the demand side that needs to stop, we need to let the people who want the products that come from the seals know what they are funding and maybe some will have a conscience. I read some restaurants are actually no longer serving pate de fois gras and other high cruelty dishes to customers since the owners and chefs were educated in how the raw products get made. This is the only way to stop this, education and more education.

• that is both the beauty and the curse of a free market economy. And it applies to humane as well as environmental issues. Voting with our dollars… (canadian, american, or other) as long as people are willing to pay for such items, you can’t blame companies for offering them. I read enough to know, I did not like what is happening—but, can anyone tell me what the final products are so I can avoid them?? (it’s not a site I’d like to revisit…)

• Here is a resource which describes where the seal pelts are being used and by which companies. Writing letters to these companies can do no harm.

http://www.harpseals.org/hunt/pelts.html

• signed. thank you LunaBlu!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

I didn’t quite get how to sign it… maybe I’m just dumb or something? But omg that is so sad! I can’t beleive people would do that!!

You have to give them an e-mail of a friend. Kinda strange, they didn’t do that last time!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

The Humane Society is working hard to make sure people are aware of this issue. They say,

Watch our video to see what Canada

Thankyou kandace!

What I would like to know, is how do these ‘people’ who kill these poor creatures (any poor creature for that matter) live with themselves after the fact. How do they sleep at night? How do you deal with that kind of Karmic debt? For each life you take that’s another negative on your Karma! These guys must kill single handedly thousands! Good luck to them in the next life, they will probably come back as grubs!