Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

was wondering....

TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

about home many times would you say that you personal eat in one day and the quantities? im trying to find a good balance for me…. i find i dont have to eat much at all…. so i wanted to get some others input….

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey tzefira, I think I eat too much still, but I love to eat so oh well. For breakfast I have a superfood smoothie with cacao, berries, chia seeds, E3 Live, maca, etc. That holds me till noon when I have a green smooth – mostly greens and a little citrus with a little hemp oil. Then usually an afternoon snack involving a nut butter and dried fruit, dinner could be anything raw, usually some kind of salad, and around 8 it’s dessert – usually tahini and honey. Hope that helps!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Don’t eat much—1 small low glycemic fruit early before the run. Big green smoothie around 11am—about 1 liter. Big salad of greens, dulse and nice dressing around 4 OR snack at 3:00 (flax chips w/ guac., or plain dark raw chocolate)—hold the salad ‘til 7:30 or 8. if i still want somethinf, i have 2 dates w/ almond butter stuffed inside.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well, this morning first I had a huge glass of water with E3 live in it, then i had a green smoothie which consisted of 1 heaping cup of mango, 1 large handful of spinach, tablespoon of maca. Midmorning I had a couple raw macaroons. Lunch time I had another green smoothie with heaping cup of mixed tropical fruit and a big handful of spinach. Then I made some raw corn salsa and sampled a few mouthfulls of that. Spread out through the day I had a 1/4 cup soaked almonds. Tonight for dinner I will be having a raw burito. I amke a dehydrated corn based burrito wrap, fill it with corn salsa, guacamole, cashew sour cream and walnut taco ‘meat’. I will probably have a small spinach salad with it.

I don’t know, i don’t think that’s alot, considering my job and my cycling regime!

Izhpt, Oh I love the date thing, I do that too sometimes as a treat!!

• I don’t think that I’ve been eating enough. I wasn’t able to lift as much as I usually do in the morning and now, at about 1:30 PST I’m feeling drowsy. Morning: Two and a half green smoothies Spinach, Pineapple, Banana, mint and ginger, handful of nuts, another banana, and just now two and a half more green smoothies. Pretty soon you’re going to see my picture replaced with the Swamp thing.

• my word! Ya’ll don’t know the HALF of eating “too much”! I probably eat before noon, what most of you eat all day.

I also don’t know how you have time for all those smoothies??? Don’t you work? I can do them for dinner and on the weekends, but during the day is the hardest since I work in an office most days.

• I eat WAY too much fruit…I seriously need to control my fruit intake. Sometimes it’s SO hard for me though, because I follow the “rules of digestion.” Supposedly you’re not supposed to eat veggies until an hour passes from the last bite of fruit….well that leads me to gorge on fruit….Where’s my balance?? My control? Hmmm….It seems like I’m always searching for what is right for ME…I fear that I’m always going to live in a cycle of searching for what is truly right. I think I find it, then all the sudden I feel shitty, I alter it, I’m fine, then I feel like crap, I alter, feel fine, feel great, then the decline….yadda, yadda…see my cycle. It sucks. I’ve been thinking about maca. That is supposed to put our bodies in balance, right?

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

Intresting. Yeah my day is pretty much like all of your…. im prego now and all i want is fruit (lots of it) green smoothies, and superfood smoothies…. when i make a dish… whatever it may be, it’s like the veggie dont sit right and not digesting right….which leads to me being uncomfy…... i havnt had a green shake in 3 days and my energy has decreased seriously! i get caught up in the is whole ” you have to chew” so i get freaked about all my smoothies, but really i feel better drinking the green smoothies then i do with all the green juice…huh?

• Hey chakra there is someone called Frederic something who talks about the importance of fruit. I used to think i ate too much fruit but have since embraced my natural sugar cravings and snack on fruit whenever i want! I feel better when i do this. Fruit makes us beautiful.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Tzefira: check out our “what are you eating” forum – we’re adding to it for the next week! http://www.goneraw.com/forums/8/topics/4271 Zooey – Drinking my green smoothies makes me feel like Swamp Thing! Aspire to be the Hulk.. Green but ripped.

Thrawthlet, fortunately (or unfortunately), I have a carreer that if I work more than 20 hours a week, I will cut my careeer short. Sooo, i work part time and make probably as much (more in the busy season!) as most peoploe make full time!!! That’s how I can afford the time and the food! :) Lucky me!

Yeah, but the hulk is a big dummy! Ha :) Kinda ugly too, Zoeys too cute to be the hulk or the swamp thing! ;)

Hey Zoey, just read your profile, let’s see this cat of yours! Did I read that right, Jesus? I hope he’s not an outdoor cat!! ‘Jesus, where are you? Come here!’ Bet that goes over interestingly!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

zooey is that “Heysues” the kitty or “jaysus h….” smirk

tzefira, i havent been able to complete one freaking juice fast due to my need to crunch something…jicama is my new fav, it seems to have less fiber than my old fav carrots but less sugar too i believe..with bathing suit season coming im disgusted, gotta do something….more yoga more bike and more horsey rideing..oh yeah and less beer less wine, less sugar! sigh…;)