Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Best Juicers for a first time buyer

I am planning on buying a juicer, but I am looking at my options at the moment. I have tried the filtering method and I have used juicers before. I HATE the filtering method personally- I am really talented at getting juice everywhere via that method…

As for a budget, I am looking at around $100-$200 CND- not the best, but nothing that is going to wear out after a bit of use on root veggies. Versatility and maximum silence would be kinda nice as I doubt my roommate would appreciate loud juicing of beets!

From your experience, please let me know what some of the good juicers are, some of the bad, and what the best brands to look for are.

Comments

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

the jack lalane juicer is awesome. that was my first juicer. it has a wide open mouth so no cutting. it seperates the juice from fiber very well. and is easy to clean. the only thing is it does not make nut butters or fresh ice cream.

if it wasnt for those 2 reasons i would have the jack lalane on my counter instead of the champion

• I LOVE LOVE the Omega 8003… you can get a pretty good deal at this website. It juices everything … including greens. And here is an article and side by side comparison chart of different juicers. I found these very helpful in selecting a juicer.

http://www.canningpantry.com/pickingjuicer.html

http://www.discountjuicers.com/compare.html

• i have the hamilton beach wide mouth pro. it cost me about $80 CDN and it’s holding up quite well to my frequent juicing and takes very little time to clean. for the money i had at the time, i would buy it again in a second!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I have the juiceman – i wouldn’t really recommend it. Instead, I mostly use the Vitamix to make OJ etc.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I love my Omega!!!

• Champion juicers on ebay!!! Nothing juices gingerroot like my Champion!!!

• Thanks, those sites are really good. The Omega looks like the one that meets my needs (gotta juice that spinach), but I shall see again after my kitchen store adventure tomorrow!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I recently ditched my new Jacl LaLane juicer. My pulp was still quite moist so I was throwing out juice. It also did a terrible job on juicing greens.

I had a Omega prior to my La Lane, but now I have a Lexen, which is much easier to clean, IMO, and also juices wheatgrass.

• The best central fungal juicer money can buy is the Breville- I believe its the 95xl- with two speeds.