Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% Raw Week begins March 30! Are you in? (Old raw fooders welcome)

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

This Sunday, we’ll kick off our 100% raw for one week challenge. Join us, and blog about: challenges, successes, foods, energy level, and most of all.. encouragement for others who are attempting it! Those who are already 100% are welcome to join! What do you do: (1) Simply eat 100% raw for one week (or 99%, if you choose to use nonraw seasonings) (2) BLOG about it daily!

Comments

• I want to try!! So far I havn’t been doing so well, but perhaps if I have support and other people doing it with me…sounds like fun!!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

IN!!!!

• Ill do it too. Cause I’ve been struggling as well.

• Count me in!

Have had an awful week for food this week, need to get back to raw!

:)

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

I’m in : )

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’m glad so many are interested. It’ll be a fantastic week!

• im SOOOOO up for this!

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

I’m in too. This week has been rough. I need to refocus. Thanks for suggesting it.

• I’m in.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I’ve been slipping lately so count me in!

• I’ll try with all my hart and all your support, I’m been very, very, very bad this past week :( any meal plan suggestions will be great to plan ahead.

• I’m in:) -this week was my daughters b-day-and well I had a couple of ‘cooked’ meals. Thanks for this challenge!

Grocery list ideas: pick up celery to eat with nut butter, bags of fruit (apples, grapefruit, oranges), bananas, strawberries and other fruit smoothie ingredients, nuts to make mylk shakes (almond milk, bananas, vanilla blended in vitamix), ingredients for no dehydrator falafel balls (on goneraw), broccoli (for broccoli salad with cashew dressing on goneraw), avocado

Contribute your grocery list to help folks plan their weekend shopping!

• Grocery List organic spinach (for smoothies), bananas, avocado, tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, green onion (for Gazpacho) jicama (raw fries) **dip in gazpacho (for raw ketchup) raw almonds, dates, strawberries (strawberry shortcake) collard greens, sprouts, any vegetable (for wraps) mangos, peaches, nectarines, grapes- any fruit Have a great week!!

• gymjunkiegymjunkie Raw Newbie

I have been 100% for awhile, but lately cravings for cooked grains have randomly arisen… I am in as well!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Sure, I’ll do it again!!

mmm gazpacho! delicious. I think we need some inspiration. Check out this video: http://www.lifeandlove.tv/video.cfm/cid/2004/vi…

He explains that raw foodists are changing society! We are having a positive effect on the world.

“The significant healing that must be realized by the great majority of western society at this point cannot be accomplished at healing centers alone – we are not enough in number (except in terms of research, education, and publishing). A way must be provided that is accessible to all – considering financial, time, family, karmic, and work realities – in which all persons can, at home taking care of their daily responsibilities, transform their health challenges completely, pushing the reset button on their physiology and training their whole being at the celluar, emotional, and spiritual levels to ask for the best foods possible. To that end, I am presenting Juice Feasting as a potent means for this level of transformation for individuals, and our whole society.” taken from the website above, david rain.

• JDJD

Winona…Thank you so much for that video. Talk about inspirational and just awesome! That is exactly what I needed to hear. Things were getting a little rough for me and that video just really set me on the right track again. Thanks!

BTW, love the doggie pic.

Pundee – Glad you liked the video! It gets very exciting when we look at the implications of eating raw… as a movement, as a force of change. There is so much potential for improving mental, emotional, and physical health – that if the raw lifestyle is adopted by even one person we meet, it would have a huge effect. Think of the 4,000 goneraw members. All their friends and family do or will know about raw foods. If one person in their life went raw, the raw movement has grown by 4,000. And we can’t even measure the additional happiness and disease prevention the raw lifestyle has brought to the new 4,000 raw foodists!

A quote about eating cooking: Marilyn Willison, of Hippocrates Health Institute, writes, “We should not cook our food. During this apparently harmless process, vital enzymes are destroyed, proteins are coagulated (making them difficult to assimilate), vitamins are mostly destroyed with the remainder changing into forms that are difficult for the body to utilize, pesticides are restructured into even more toxic compounds, valuable oxygen is lost, and free radicals are produced. According to Viktoras Kulvinskas, nutrient losses can be as high as 80% or more. Other studies suggest that cooked proteins (coagulated) are up to 50% less likely to be utilized by the body.”

Here’s a great article on staying raw:

http://www.rawbc.org/articles/stayingraw.html EXCERPTS: “The first thing to realize is: eating raw foods should bring you a positive state of personal empowerment and great clarity. Only you need to decide what to put into your body, and soon you will be able to listen to your body tell you what it wants. Don’t worry about being 100% raw. The more raw, unprocessed and organically grown foods you eat, the better you will feel.

We are constantly being tempted by the sights and smells around us as cooked food smells so good, especially when those odours are subliminally associated with the comfort foods of our childhood. It’s just an illusion though, the hollow facade of so many things that we are expected to consume in a spiritually bankrupt society that is based on conspicuous consumption. Turn off your television, stop being bombarded by those subliminal messages that tell you what to eat, how to look and live your life.”

Go into a supermarket and observe the way people stare at the packaging of those lifeless foodstuffs that have been processed and packaged for the shelf. They’re no longer buying what’s inside; they’re just consuming the idea, the image on the package. It’s scary! This is important to remember that when you find yourself craving something cooked.”

Most importantly, always trust your intuition and let the fruits of creation guide you in living a healthy and conscious existence.”

• Well, I do my shopping on Thursday nights, so I now have in my kitchen…

1 pineapple (not yet ripe!) punnet of nectarines (not yet ripe!) punnet of purple plums 2 honeydew melons 2 galia melons 1 cantaloupe melon 2 bags oranges some red apples 2 bunches bananas 2 avocados 1 dragonfruit pack of medjool dates punnet of blueberries 1 curly lettuce 1 iceberg lettuce 2 romaine lettuces bag of spinach bag of kale carrots cauliflower tomatoes celery cucumber fennel peppers sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds/sesame seeds broccoli

phew…as you can see, I eat a lot lol…but that should last me a week or a bit more :)

I love shopping for food, sad I know

• Just checking, is everybody ready for tomorrow? I’m ready, planning on starting my day with a carrot, beet, celery and ginger root juice; mid morning snack will be oranges, lunch a nice green salad and I’m not sure about dinner yet.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Ahhh! I’m not fully ready, or anywhere near ready. I need suggestions for some low nut recipes for dinner.

• Hi Raw_Chocoholic, I enjoy simple dishes, so I basicaly eat a lot of salads, smoothies, fruits, some nuts, and juices made from vegies and fruits.

• I’m in too! Been a little too fond of french fries lately. Heh.

• Good luck everyone!

Have just begun with a whole honeydew melon for breakfast…yum!

Claire

• I’m in for this too. I actually started this past Wednesday with eating 100% raw, so it will be good to have some support. I’m excited about this!

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

I’m all ready too.

Grocery list consisted of: bananas, apples, pears, grapefruits, spinach, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, raw cacao, dates, figs, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and this really cool raw chia breakfast food that I found at the health food store. I’m pretty sure that it has been mentioned on another post – totally delicious.

I have a recipe that I would like to post but I have a question first, are raisins raw?

My meals are pretty uniform throughout the work week – sometimes I mix it up a bit on the weekends.

Breakfast: Green and Black Smoothie and Chia breakfast food

Mid-Morning: Mixed fruit along with trail mix made of nuts, seeds and goji berries

Lunch: Mixed salad with hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, EVOO and ACV plus fruit

Mid-Afternoon: Something sweet – yesterday I made raw date and fig squares (super good)

Dinner: Green smoothie then some raw vegetable soup with vegetables on the side or nice salad

Good luck everyone.

• I’m excited! I started my day with a raw shake that was amazing! Just added some cashew butter, a banana and a mango to some water and blended it. It tasted better than vanilla pudding. I ate it all before I got to take a picture and post it :) By far one of the best raw foods I’ve EVER had. I’m making a fruit salad ahead of time for lunch at work. As for the raisin question… since raisins are just dried up grapes I would say they are raw.. but depending on the company. Raisins can be sun-dried or dehydrated. Also, check the packaging and make sure there are no preservatives and chemicals. These are my favorite raisins…. http://www.rawguru.com/store/raw-food/golden-hu…

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well here we go! Good luck everyone! :)