Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% Raw Week begins March 30! Are you in? (Old raw fooders welcome)

Comments

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I’m having bananas and a VERY TART mango for breakfast. Puckery! ;o)

• Well I had an orange with some honey, cinnamon and ground cloves. for breakfast.

Zucchini noodles for lunch, with sauce which I made of cilantro, garlic, flax, olive oil, lemon juice, dried nettle leaves, ground coriander, chili and paprika powder. I sprinkled some barely sprouts on top. It was soo delicious. This was the first time I made zucchini pasta and it managed quite nice. I made it with a veggie peeler.

For mid afternoon snack I had a big orange and a grapefruit.

My dinner was zucchini hummus with carrot stripes.

this was the best I could make, not too varied, but these were the only ingredients I have now as I live in a small village and everything in an 50 km radius is closed on Sunday :(

• Count me in. Hello everyone! I am new to the site. Lots of health problems so please pray that I can do this.

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

So far I’ve had a green smoothie, some chia breakfast with banana and hemp milk and a pear.

First challenge came early – my parents stopped by for a visit (the usual expectation is coffee and some type of baked item – muffins, etc…). This time I was ready. I still keep some instant coffee to offer visitors and I have a tin of Carnation Evaporated Milk in the cupboard. So, I was all set for the coffee bit. I made my green smoothie before they came and also washed and arranged a big pile of fruit (apples, pears, strawberries and bananas) on the table. I brought out the date and fig squares that I made yesterday and had them ready as well.

So, they arrived (with big hairy dog in tow). I made coffee for them, gave my smoothie a quick whip around in the blender and then poured them a little bit to try.

The best news is, they both loved the smoothie. I didn’t shove the information at them but answered any questions they had about the benefits of the smoothie. My Mom took the recipe with her and said that she wanted to incorporate it into their morning routine. Yeah!!!!

• I found this a little too late. I would have counted myself in, but sadly before I found this post I had a chicken broth. Oh well. :(

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Rawclaire- Oh that’s too bad :( I would have too but I just had a laffy taffy candy very sad day :(

• Well, I have had fun eating today…

Breakfast: one honeydew melon Mid-morning: half a cantaloupe melon, handful of pumpkin seeds Lunch: 4 little plums (not good though :( ), huge salad of plum tomatoes, lettuce, fennel, parsley Mid-afternoon: 2 bananas Dinner: 4 oranges, huge salad of lettuce and carrot and cauliflower rice

Roll on day 2…

Hey can I start tomorrow?

superkat92, of course you can start tomorrow. Welcome aboard.

• start anytime always!

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Okay, i missed out today, so i’ll jump on board tomorrow… Good luck everyone!

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i’ve been 100% raw for 26 days now! i blog what i eat at http://heartshapedsky.vox.com/. sorry if you’ve seen me post this before, but it looks like a few people have started blogging what they eat at vox.com and it’s really fun to see what everyone’s making, eating, doing. check it out if you’d like! best to everyone!

• I made it through day one! I’m so excited for tomorrow. I have a long day tomorrow… so I have a lot of food planning to do and will need a lot of motivation to make it through a 12 hour day at work. Hope everyone else is doing great!

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Okay, today I had the arugula-blood orange smoothie on this site. I then made a large bowl of wilted kale salad which I ate throughout the day, plus a really yummy mango, and some crab cakes for dinner. Tomorrow I’ll try to eat less fat and more fruits/veggies.

I also started fermenting some coconut kefir and sprouting some wheatberries.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Good luck at work, skystrdust.

I had lots of raw vegan restaurant food yesterday. It’s my 4th week 99% raw. It was so fabulous to eat at raw restaurants, it’s REALLY hard to go back to eating simple food. I want to try and prepare more gourmet food, but i’m such a newbie at preparing raw foods. I do have some favorite raw foods that i know how to make – raw mylk shakes, etc. So i’ll try making some of those and see if i start feeling happier.

I’m having a hungry day today – thankfully I don’t have to work late so can go home and have a nice dinner.

How’s everyone else doing?

• Day 2 done!

Breakfast: one honeydew melon Mid-morning: three bananas Lunch: 4 oranges, huge salad with leftovers from yesterday (carrot/cauliflower rice and lettuce) and half an avocado Mid-afternoon: 2 oranges and 4 dates Dinner: small piece of raw carrot cake, large kale salad with mixed sprouts, 1 date

Was in the loo all morning today and SOOOO thirsty as well…must be detox?

How is everyone else doing?

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Goovy baby! :)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Continuing onward with—2 clementines, a lot of Chrissy’s kale chips, which I made for the first time—ate the equivalent of an entire bunch of kale. there was a small amount of dressing leftover so i ate that too w/ 1 zucchini. then I ate 1/4 c of my famous avo, nut-free chocolate mousse w/ gojis this time. Later drank green Kombucha. If i get hungry after i teach Pilates, i’ll make a very light green salad only. i don’t think i’ll get hungry.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Started the morning with a green smoothie (blackberries and mixed greens). Lunch was some veggies and dip. Snacks involved a small piece of chocolate cake and some strawberries. Now I’m off to go eat the rest of the kale salad and crab cakes.

• I made it through a 12 hr work day totally raw! I also made it through the evening (the hardest time for me). I cut up some organic cucumber and cherry tomatoes with some mac nut oil. It definitely hit the spot. I noticed that at night I feel more satisfied after eating something crunchy… like the cucumbers. But in the morning I always prefer the gooey liquids like the smoothies. Anyone else feel this way?

• mee too skydrust. I might try your idea with some oilve or rape oil, because I have those now.

Skystrdust: I’m the same way! Smoothies in the morning, salad or fruit for lunhc, and crunchy in the evening. Drinking a green smoothie for breakfast helps me stave off hunger later in the day, normally. But today I’m hungrier than usual – I’ll be having an early lunch of a super huge salad and fruit. Yesterday, I couldn’t bring myself to attend a friend’s birthday – partly because I couldn’t STAND the temptation of being in a cooked restaurant. It’s my 4th week raw, and I will NOT put myself through sitting in a cooked restaurant until I’m good and ready.

• That’s really interesting Skystrdust. It sounds delicious. I too typically want smoothies in the morning. I’ll definately have to try the cucumber in the evening. Yummy…

Sunday: Banana chips on my way to the organic farm. Then bananas till I got to my friend’s kitchen. I chopped a whole pineapple and ate it until my tongue started to sting (too much citrus?) Then my friend made some none raw dip, which helped me eat raw broccoli and squash. It was sour cream and something else, not vegan, but I couldn’t have eaten those particular veggies without a dab of it. Then I had a cucumber and another banana. When I got home I made my Super Unbeetable Smoothie.

Monday: Super Unbeetable Smoothie (remaining from night before) Bananas Watermelon Nectar Cantaloupe Juice Banana Go Go Mix Chocolate Walnut Cake Banana

Tuesday: I’m going grocery shopping for some more food tomorrow. For today, I’m just gonna pick up enough to last for the day. Probably more fruits (they are the most convenient and satisfying for me.) Maybe I am a fruitarian? I’ve had a banana and Go Go Mix this morning. I eat lots of bananas, because I live in Florida, and they are just very satisfying.

Hope everyone is treating themselves with love. Just do what comes naturally and enjoy this beautiful opportunity that so few people are capable of experiencing. Namaste.

• I had a Rejuvelac smoothie (Rejuvelac blended with dried apricots- got the idea from the book Rawsome!). I’ve been eating also apples, organges,nuts, salads, I had a stuffed portabella mushroom. I stocked up on fruits & veggies yesterday. Right now I only have a blender, so am limited on what I can make, but planning to get a food processor today. Yay!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well just guess who finally blew it! After a little over 3 weeks 100% raw, last night I had one of my husbands Lindt choco. bunnies! And can you guess whos tummy felt like crap after?:(

Sheesh, I won’t do that again! Oh well, back at it!!

Tonight I’m going to the store to stock up. I want to buy veg/fruits, nut butters, raw dressings ingredients, and coconuts. And I want to start sprouting! buckwheat, red lentils, etc. I’m having a hard time with salad dressings – that’s my only challenge right now! I’ve got to bring my own to work, restaurants, etc.

• I’m on my 3rd day 100% raw and feeling very proud of myself. Today I started my day with a juice (carrots, apple and swiss chard), prepared smoothie for lunch (swiss chard, banana, mango and two tablespoon groud flax seeds) for dinner I’m having a salad (spring mix, grape tomatoes, avocado, dress with lemon, salt and olive oil). and I’ll snack on fruit tonight.

• Can’t believe day 3 is done already…this is going SOOOO fast!

Didn’t feel so hungry today, but had a headache all day from the moment I got up. Needed LOTS of water again.

Breakfast: one galia melon Mid-morning: half a pineapple Lunch: huge salad of kale, romaine, spinach, cucumber and mixed sprouts (aduki, chickpea, red lentil, brown lentil, mung) Mid-afternoon: 2 bananas Dinner: 5 oranges, dip made of courgette, lemon, parsley, sesame seeds with romaine and pepper to dip in it

YUM!!! Can’t wait for day 4. Am feeling much more full of energy than usual already

Nice to hear from everyone else too!