Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% Raw Week begins March 30! Are you in? (Old raw fooders welcome)

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Glad to hear you have more energy. Great that you’re on day three and feeling good, Majomi. Your menu is super healthy! I need variety SO badly right now… so i decided to try some new recipes. wish me luck!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Didn’t sleep well last night after my kale chip attack-gassy (TMI) so today, i’m breaking from Kale-2 bananas, an awesome run, Larabar on the way to work, big arugula salad w/ 1/2 avo, dulse and SD tomato/basil dressing. I think i’ll have brazil nut tacos for dinner or walnut ones since i know those nuts are raw. Have the yummiest day ever! And luna blu—no worries. i don’t think i could have good chocolate in the house without breaking down. Make the raw chocolate bar today if you’re craving some. It’s better than Lindt!

• For breakfast: a green smoothie made of a quater of a pineapple, a handfull of blackberries, 2 teaspoons of dried nettle, a big handful of spinach, some parsley, 1 teaspoon of ground grapeseed and a lot of cinnamon. And the usual ground flax sprinkled on top. After it I felt full of energy!

Lunch: tomatoes, celery, beeets and buckwheat sprouts salad with lemon and oliveoil, curry, chili and paprika powder dresssing.

Dinner: Nori and kale wraps stuffed with tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, buckwheat sprouts, chilly, pepper, cumin and olive oil.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

izhpt, for some reason I really don’t feel like chocolate today!;)

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Coconut Kefir was finally ready so for breakfast I drank some of that mixed with frozen blackberries and strawberries. I ate half a durian for lunch and in the afternoon I made the shaved fennel salad recipe from g-living – highly recommended. For dinner I enslaved my brother to help make jamestheraw’s tuna salad – also highly recommended! Why bother eating cooked food ever again?

Glad to see everyone else is doing so well. We should extend raw week!

Luna blu, I also didn’t feel much like chocolate today, and I have a delicious raw cake sitting in the freezer. Okay, maybe I do want chocolate now . . .

flybaby – creative salads! I’m sprouting buckwheat now – perhaps i shall try it on salad. glad you’re having a yum day izhpt!! MonsieurReality just wrote on another forum, that he asks folks skeptical of raw food, if they’re having The Best Day Ever?! Because he is, as a raw foodist!

My big successes today: At the grocery store, I found organic raw almond and peanut butter, cold pressed truly raw olive oil, and other goodies. I loaded up on fruits and veg and things to sprout. The rest of this week will be rawesome! What I made tonight: watermelon juice for tommorow, fresh dill and cucumber w/ lemon, olive oil, salt for tommorow, peanut butter celery raisin logs tonight, coconut/almond milk curry (i had it for dinner), chopped kiwi for tommorow. Fabulous evening!

Inspirational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xOU2tLl7g

How is everyone’s energy level? How’s your raw week going? Successes?

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

never got to my brazil nut tacos yesterday—had another nausea attack 1 hr. after the arugula salad. i decided not to eat after that 3:00 salad to see if i would sleep better also. I slept much better. I’m not hungry except in the am-and again after work at 3:00-Today—1 banana, 1 pear, 1 ginger Larabar, small arugula salad w/ dulse and tahini dressing, small handful raw cashews, 2T raw chocolate. i’m sad i cannot plan a yummy dinner. I’m only hungry in the mid afternoon. I’m deciding that my organic sulfite-free wine is raw. Can i get a vote on this? Add in broccoli w/ some of the tahini dressing from lunch that was so yum. Strange, but it feels like my organs are smaller (not as inflamed) it’s been almost 1 month high raw now and 2 years off and on—but I’ve noticed this before—when i exhale in Pilates, the belly just goes down and down—feel lighter even though weight loss for me has only been 3 lb in the last month. Not much to lose—4 more would be fab.

• I made a broccoli soup last night, which was kinda nice. But I feel like I can take deeper breaths today. It’s as though I’ve had a rubberband around my lungs, and today it was cut. I feel fabulous, like my head is clearing from a fog.

Today was similar to yesterday, more coconut kefir with berries for breakfast. I made a small glass of green smoothie and finished up the durian for lunch, ate another of the tuna sandwiches later and finished the day with the rest of my fennel salad.

Energy levels could by higher. My head feels like it’s stuck a cloud right now. I’ve had a mild headache all day.

Izhpt, I was just reading an article about sulphur and how it causes ‘heating’ in our digestive tracts, especially if eaten alone. Apparently sulphur veggies are best combined with a bit of fats and salts to balance, but seeing as you’ve done that its strange you’d get nausea. As for the wine, I don’t know much about it but I think there was once another thread discussing it.

• Hi all

How is everyone doing?

Didn’t get time to post yesterday, but had another great tasting day lol

Today: breakfast – one galia melon, mid-morning – one banana, lunch – half a pineapple, one banana, butternut squash rice with iceberg lettuce, mid-afternoon – five plums, two dates, dinner – not very hungry so just a big red pepper and romaine salad.

Oh, also stuffed half a bag of brazils on the way home from work…emotional eating there! But could have been worse. Feel totally yucky after so much fat in one go though…definitely need to lose the nuts.

I’ve been having green smoothies in the morning, but I haven’t had enough fruits this week. I need to bring much more fruit to work for snacking – my lunches have been less than satisfying (1 large cucumber yesterday, 1 large avocado today – NOT enough food over 8 hours!!!!) Dinners have been good, but I need to get more greens in – too many nuts and nut crackers. anyway, regardless of challenges, i was so miserable on any cooked, that IM GLAD IM RAW!!! 4 weeks and counting!

sesame butterfly – try the chicken salad recipe on this site with veggies/lettuce.

lzhpt- ive heard some wines are raw, i guess you’d have to ask the winery if possible. local, organic, sulfite free, is supposed to be the best alcohol to have – and then check if its raw, not sure.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Sleep continues to elude me so sadly i think my love affair with perfecting the perfect raw chocolate bar may have to cease. Close the eating last night at 8p with 2 frozen bananas and 1t cacao for choc. ice cream Loved it and the surge had me doing laundry at 3am (i know, you heard). Today 1 pear, 1 small avo.,2 pieces of delectable blueberry/blackberry crumble. I need some greens today so I’m going for those brazil nut tacos in large leaves w/ more chopped leaves on top tonight. My last post for this week as I will be away fla. and then NYC!!!!!! Thanks for the raw help while there all new yorkers!!!! Go RED SOX!!!!(sorry-had to get the jab in).

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Still at it, such that it is, after the ‘bunny episode’. There is still one in the house, and I guess I seriously turned myself off, cos’ it’s still intact! The hubby will demo. it tonight probalby. For all of you that didn’t read my prior post, I am talking about a choco. bunny, not a real one!;)

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

just wanted to give my support to everyone. today is day 30 100% raw for me. i started out bloated, feeling horrible and now i feel really incredible and i’m so glad i did it. please stick with it. i want to thank everyone here on the boards for all the kind words too. it really helped! much love to all! you can do it! xoxo- ami

• I didn’t get to post yesterday because I had another long day at work.. but I made it 100% raw yesterday and still going strong. I just had a raw soup and I feel so energized! I LOVE it! It’s so nice to not feel like going to sleep after eating. I think that lethargic feeling is the best sign that cooked/processed food is not what our bodies love. Too bad our minds try to fool us into thinking it tastes yummy when our body hates it. It’s nice to feed the body and not emotions. Hope everyone else is still sticking to it. Good job heartshapedsky… 30 days is a huge accomplishment!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

heartshapedsky, congratulations! I know it’s a big day.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Today is day 4 for me – i started monday since i only read this sunday night. Not that i ate a huge amount of cooked products, but i know there was something in there on Sunday, i just cant remember what it was. So, today is day 4 and i’m feeling great. I was actually able to jog down the entire street (over a mile) behind my son riding his tricycle… i’ve never been able to do that before. I know it’s partly because of going to the gym regularly, but I believe it’s also from feeling good from the things i’m eating. I was actually repulsed by making my husbands ham and cheese sandwhich last night! That’s never happened! Anyway, i’m feeling great! Great job heartshapedsky! That’s awesome!

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Oh man, this week has been the worst yet. I start out well but things go slowly downhill throughout the day. I tried Chilove’s idea of carrying lots of food with me for the day (which worked well) but then went and had dinner with my Dad tonight (which didn’t work well). So, I shall begin again tomorrow. Heavy sigh. :(

congrats heartshapedsky!

SarahJ, The social aspect is probably the hardest part about being raw though, but good luck tomorrow :)

Today went much better than yesterday for me. I had a berry smoothie, some salad made up of whatever random greens I had on hand, and some chocolate covered cherries. Haven’t felt very hungry at all, which has been great.

• Breakfast: green smoothie as usual. Pineapple, nettle, garpe seed powder, cinnamon, but this time I put some dandelion and swiss chard in it. Then I went to the shops, on the way back I had an apple and a banana, which was on sale :) Both were organic.

Lunch: Quinoa tabbouleh: sprouted quinoa, tomatoes, fresh basil, dried oregano, celery leaf, fenugreek leaf,spring onions, lemon juice, organic canola oil, curry powder, cumin, chili, paprika powder processed together. It was delish and I felt quite energised afterwards.

i ate consistently today – plenty of fruit. i need to drink more water. i had a large salad for breakfasst- unusual craving for me. : ) i had watermelon, kiwi, pear, then a huge complex dinner at a raw foods restaurant (green soup, sushi, dessert) and that’s it so far. GREAT day! i got my friend to come to the raw restaurant too. shes not even vegetarian, and loved it there! carriej- great that you feel more energy! sarahj- stay with us! every day is a fresh start, and let us know how you’re doing. flybaby-sounds tasty lunch! i gotta try that, WOW. i bet it’d be good with the no dehydrator falafel on this site. mmmm.

glad you’re doing well raw_chocoholic.

my boyfriend made frozen pizza last night. surprisingly, instead of it making me hungry, it looked and smelled exactly like the cardboard box that it was packaged in. haha. normally he doesn’t bring that trash in the house – his friend did, so it’s a relief that i won’t have to put up with more frozen crap.

• Oh good for you winona, that is fabulous! I have been loving the 100% raw, I’ve had to come up with new ways to love eating other than salad. It’s great to hear all of us doing well and giving support to those of us who are struggling a bit.

lol. I used to find frozen pizza bad even on a SAD diet. It basically is cardboard food anyways.

flybaby, that sounds like a yummy smoothie. Pineapple and cinnamon goes together strangely well.

Today was a little more difficult. I ran out of greens yesterday and ended up spending most of the day at the library scrambling to finish an essay. I blended up some blueberries and spirulina for breakfast, but resorted to eating two Larabars throughout the day. For dinner I ate a premixed salad of baby-greens with lemon juice for dressing and devoured a bowl of olives.

Also, I neglected my wheatgrass and it didn’t do so well. Started again today. Sigh.

• Thanx for both of you! I always try to make myself some delish things, but today I was craving cooked food. I think I will be able to supress it, by trying some new raw creatios! I hope

So far Breakfast: Green smoothie: spinach, banana, raspberry, lemongrass, cinnamon, some stevia leaves, ground flax

• No time to post yesterday…

but I’m back now right at the end of the 100% week. Have to say I ate some cooked tonight as we went out for a curry….had a salad along with mixed veg curry. But it was good and I enjoyed it.

Loved this week, and it was easier than I thought. Am feeling much more motivated and confident now about continuing 99.9% raw.

How about the rest of you?

Was good hearing from you this week :)

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

All this has been making me hungry because I am on the master cleanse. Practically drooling on my keyboard here lol. It’s funny, raw foods are the only thing tempting me right now. I am seriously dying for an apple right now, but must be strong :) I can’t wait to get back to all this delicious raw food! Just thought I’d share.

• Ok, so I have been sucking at the blogging daily, but I have been good all week, except that I tried a fry this afternoon, my daughter stuffed it in and it was good lol, I admit it. So here goes. Today: Breakfast was banana cake with caramel (hey the rest of the family had pecan waffles so I treated myself) Snack was kombucha after the gym lunch was a avocado and onion salad with “parmesean” cheese and sweet lime dressing along with another piece of banana cake! Dinner: Jicama Tac with more salad Yesterday: Breakfast get groing granola with banana and apple lunch: Spring Rawls Snack: Cilantro pineapple shake dinner: Butternut Squash con agli olio I will keep posting. I have found no real cravings for cooked food but I do notice I am hungry more often, so I eat whenever I am grumbling. I need to remember to drink more water as well.

Superkat92, way to go with the master cleanse! I made it only 5 days, and will try it again soon. Hang in there you can do it

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Wow, you guys are doing so well. Congratulations. I had a better day today – feel empowered and in control. I had a second smoothie at 2:00 this afternoon – seemed to make a huge difference. I am going to continue with this to see if it can help me stay raw later in the day.

Harmonylia, if you wouldn’t mind coming over to my house and ‘cooking’ for me, I’m sure I would have absolutely no problem staying raw. LOL Thanks for sharing all of your fantastic recipes. I am a very good cooked food cook but my instincts are all off for the raw food. The recipes really help. Thanks again.

I have to say that all went well for the most part of yesterday, except that I ate a quesadilla (which I had been craving) for dinner. Oh well, I’ve decided to do a week long smoothie/juice fast this week.

Where is everyone going from here? Continuing on 100% raw? I’m still trying to figure out if I want to be 90% or 100%.