Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Saying Goodbye to Marijuana

2»

Comments

• DexterDexter Raw Newbie

You’re mean. ow. really. ouch. =(

• DexterDexter Raw Newbie

I guess nobody ever said raw = nice. sigh (ps. I’m nice)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

HEY

SOD OFF with the condescending attacks, people. HOLY CRAP. Keep that stuff outta here…

Makes me testy, because this thread is about marijuana and RAW, not about twit this, and twit that! I repeat: this is not a pissing contest. Let’s be friendly. :-)

And yes, Stylist, I feel like I SWEAT weed after I partake. I definitely smell it all over my body the next day, especially after working out. And I didn’t even smoke it; I used a vaporizer to get the effects without the tar. Much healthier if one wants to consider that…

After too many days to count without it, I am happy to say that my sleep quality has dramatically improved and I am dreaming again!

• I want to give you a hug, a high five and a thumbs up for the road!!!

I may have never had a drug addiction, but I have struggled with an eating disorder since the age of 11, and then that evolved into bulimia/ed-nos from 14-20. RAW contributing to my mental and spiritual clarity has helped me overcome it…it’s amazing. I commend you for your accomplishment ;D!!!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks, Megan!

I can definitely tell you that I owe it entirely to RAW in helping me quit marijuana. My body and mind just got so sensitive I just felt like the high I got from the herb lacked in comparison. I just have absolutely no desire to use it again. Of course I don’t decide anything forever, but for now, I am very happy being weed-free and know I will continue to be for a very long time.

Thanks for the support. /high five. :-)

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i guess rawk deleted the comments. i actually think the raw “high” is somewhat comparable to MJ high. i think in another thread someone was saying that MJ is an alkaline high, which would make sense as to why raw food makes us feel so ‘high’

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Hey, I’ve been off pot for a little over 2 years now. My diet changed, and everything changed. But, it wheres off. God is the only way to true happiness. He brings you unimaginable peace. It’s something that cannot be compared to. Not being raw, not doing yoga. Just Him. Think about Him, because He’s thinking about you. :)

Oh, and I had a hard time getting off of the stuff! REALLY HARD. Everytime I tried to quit, I would have the MOST disgusting dreams. After a week of brutal dreams, I turned to God, prayed, and the dreams stopped. Weird huh?

By the way, don’t be offended. Just thought I’d let you in on my story! :)

• That’s so freaking awesome! Hug meee!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Southernlover, I too has really AWFUL dreams at first whenever I quit. They were so horrible that it actually sent me back to toking on a few occasions. However, once I stuck through it, my dreams have evened out and I’ve become much more lucid, and they are usually vivid and fantastical and ripe with symbolism.

Thanks for sharing your story. :-)

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

My dreams are stil being crazy but its getting better, I know at least I am getting an awesome REM sleep now. I woke up laughing the other night!!! Weird dreams are entertaining. I feel clear and calm, actually LESS anxious and stressed now that it is getting out of my system, now almost 2 weeks have gone by since Ive drank or toked. I have been coughing up gross caca from my lungs, which is great because I go to Aussie for one month starting May 18 and I amgoing to scuba for the 1st time soon ! yippie.

• I too have decided to quit smoking marijuana. I’ve been seriously depressed in the past but a raw diet and yoga have changed that. Lately my lungs have been aching and I don’t feel I need it to make me happy, because I already am.

I totes think it should be legalized but I no longer need it.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

A very lovely woman named “Yasoda” Susan Deschenes said to me in 2003. “You’ll get past it!” From then on, I saw pot as only a stage I was going through. What Wisdom in just a few words! Her comfort and acceptance of me has stuck with me and of course, She was right! She runs a yearly retreat in California each summer, here… http://www.rebirthingbreathworkspiritualpurific…

My other fave Yasoda quote is… “It’s important to love everyone, but you don’t have to hang out with Assholes!”

• subscriptionmsubscriptionm Raw Newbie
    edited October 2022

It's a great story, and I can say that we went through the same experience. Marijuana has been a part of my life for many years - it's helped me relax, unwind and escape everyday life's stresses. But as I've gotten older, I've realized that it's no longer serving me as it once did. If anything, it's become a crutch that I rely too much on. I'm not saying that marijuana is bad - it's not. But for me, it's time to move on. I'm ready to explore other ways to relax and manage my stress without using weed. I know there will be days when I'll miss marijuana. Still, I smoke CBD e-cigarette without any THC components.

• It's a great story, and I can say that we went through the same experience. Marijuana has been a part of my life for many years - it's helped me relax, unwind and escape everyday life's stresses. But as I've gotten older, I've realized that it's no longer serving me as it once did. If anything, it's become a crutch that I rely too much on. I'm not saying that marijuana is bad - it's not. But for me, it's time to move on. I'm ready to explore other ways to relax and manage my stress without using weed.  https://herbheaven.co/shop/

I know there will be days when I'll miss marijuana. Still, I smoke CBD e-cigarette without any THC components.