Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Keeping almond milk fresh . . .

Does anyone have any tips on keeping nut milk from separating? I usually have to make it fresh but I noticed that store-bought almond milk stays uniform and it doesn’t have any added ingredients. I’m sure it’s pasteurized but that probably shouldn’t explain it.

Comments

• Yup, pasteurized it is lol, sorry, the only way I keep it together is by doing the shake! I stand in my kitchen and shake myself till the nuts are all mixed.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Haha- harmonylia! You have to shake a lot of cooked juices, like orange juice and soy milk so I can do that with raw nut milk. :)

• Yup, shake it or stir it alot.

• I was also wondering how long does almond milk keep in the fridge before it gets rotten?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

All prepared (non dehydrated, non sprouts) raw food lasts about 4 days. You can tell by its taste.

uniform? How about adding a thickener of some sort… like irish moss. Not sure if this works… just guessing.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I’ll try the Irish moss idea once I find out where to buy it. The milk just looks so unappetizing after it’s sat for about a day, and even starts to settle if I don’t drink it quick enough. I think I remember David Wolfe talking about Irish moss. Isn’t it supposed to be a superfood?

• Irish moss is sold at oneluckyduck.com. Yes, it’s some kind of sea plant I believe!