Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Papaya seed cleanse

I have heard about these, but how do you do them? Like do you grind the seeds or swallow them whole or what? Any information would be appreciated.

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Well, there’s 2! You can swallow them whole and they help clean out the intestines. Or if you chew them up they are supposed to make for a great parasite cleanse. I’ve read several times in some books that if you are traveling to another country or a tropical climate, you should eat the seeds on a daily basis.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

thanks, coconutty. Anyone know how much to take?

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

If you’re looking to do the intestinal cleanse I’ve read of people eating ALL the seeds along with the fruit (just swallow the seeds whole). I’ll have to check, I’m not 100% sure, but for the parasite cleansing effect I believe it’s 1-2 tablespoons chewed.

• Hey superkat92 I have never done the chewed version as I hear the seeds taste somewhat like pepper, but I have done the other version. I have to say that it’s easier to swallow the seeds with the papaya. I did it for a total of 3 days, and I can say I think it worked. I believe this leans more to a person who eats more of SAD diet when you eat the seeds whole. Maybe chewing the seeds would be better if you are looking to attack parasite. Keep us updated if you try the chewed version. I think I may even try it this weekend if the farmers market has the organic papaya on sale.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Can you grind them up with your smoothie? Ardesmond2—if you locate that organic papaya—put one on the MARTA for me and tell it to get off at North Springs! I want to go to that market, but i do my long run Sat. am and it soooooo far for me.

• :) Izhpt <what does that stand for anyways ? always wanted to ask.

Yeah I know what you mean about being to far, but they say your health is your wealth and the Decatur Farmers Market is really showing out with the organic veggies and fruit now a days. I get up early and go to MorningSide Flea Market and buy 170.00 worth of greens then I head over to the Farmer’s Market and get me fruits and things LOL. Afterwards I drop the kid and wife off at home and I head over to the gym.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Stands for my initials and Physical Therapist. It’s easy for me to remember. Otherwise I’d forget my name. I’m going to get there soon—strawberry season will have me forgetting all about that morning run!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

I didn’t try the chewed version because i was wanting to clean out my intestines…I had the seeds this morning, I don’t know if it’s worked yet. Maybe I’ll try the chewing thing another time.

• hmm Physical Therapist, got a question for you have you ever read this book called PACE. If you have I would love to know your perspective on it being a physical therapist and all. Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/PACE-Rediscover-Your-Nati…

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Thank you for the link—sounds like traditional interval training, which is highly successful whether you are training for a distance event or just trying to get to the mailbox. I will get the book and let you know what I think. I’m over the punishing workouts personally. Since discovering raw, I am so much more in tuned to my body’s signals and it’s need for yogic movement. GYROTONIC is very yogic by design as well—opening all chakras with spiralling type yummy movements. I still run and train intervals especially when I am training for a 10K. I’ll post a forum PACE when I’m through reading, OK?

• I’ve been blending my seeds in salad dressings lately, no waste + Great taste.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Oooh! Who knew? My bagger at the grocery store just told me a long story about his papaya tree in India and an even better one about his mango tree surviving 3 generations of family and yielding 30 pounds of mango annually! I can’t even grow a sprout!!!

• Oh my!! I can’t stand the taste of papaya seeds. I’ve tried them in smoothies, but the taste is too overpowering! More power to anyone who can actually stomach them!!