Natural lip stuff

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

my lips tend to get dry in the winter. What is a good homemade lip care routine? Coconut oil is good for my skin, but i don’t like the feeling of it on my lips!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• I like using honey on my lips, it hydrates it very well and the smell hmmm! Jojoba oil is very good for chopped lips too, apply it overnight and it really works. I use Lavera lip balm too and it is really good stuff and petty much the same price as Labello!

• I like Jojoba, coconut, and honey mixed with either some lavender or peppermint essential oil. (I’m not really a fan of honey, but we have it in the house and it works quite well)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I use the Merry Hempsters stuff – it tastes a little weird but hemp oil is really moisturizing. Shea butter is very moisturizing too but I don’t know if it nice to use on your lips – it might not taste great.

• ohh i never thought of using just honey flybaby. I wonder how I could make that portable for my purse ( I really don’t want to lug a whole jar of honey with me ) lol

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Honey is a great humectant and it’s antimicrobal properties help it keep over time. It works well on your hair to when diluted with water and used as a rinse. I never thought of putting it in lip gloss but it sounds like a great idea.

There are several sites on the internet that provide recipes for natural lip gloss. I made some last year with my niece. I think we heated some beeswax and/or carnauba wax and mixed it with an oil of choice, peppermint essential oil and micas (for color). You can alter the amount of wax, or omit it, to achieve the consistency you like. The nice thing about using a little wax is it stays on your lips longer and also won’t ooze out of your container. I like to make it with the consistency of vaseline.

• Well I use it as a home treatment, but if you want you can mix it in some coconut oil or cocoa butter and put it in a small container for example if you have empty cream container that’s great for the purpose.

• great idea adding cocoa butter flybaby. I bet it would smell sooo good on the lips! i’m going to try that today.