Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

For all us Crackpots!!

I got this ina an email and just had to share it with you all.. especially with the post about, guilt, meat, moderation and so forth.. much love and light! *~* A elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.

But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. ‘I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.’

The old woman smiled, ‘Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot’s side?’

‘That’s because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.’

‘For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table.

Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.’

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it’s the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

You’ve just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

SO, to all o f my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

oh i love that. thanks ambikalee!

• Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Just makes you smile.

I rememer listening to Dwayne Dyer on PBS one day, talking about finding beauty in everything. Someone asked him how could anyone find beauty in a child’s life that lived with horrible disfiguration and illness. He said the beauty exists in the way we react to the child. Just lovely.

• Yes I do love stories like these that are ones people would normally not get and treasure for their meaning and purpose :). Thank you much yog-amber.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

ambikalee, how beautious…ive copied it and sent it to all my friends..

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Sweeeeeeeeet!! Love this.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I couldn’t have said it better myself! So true and so sweet!

• I love this!! I am using it in my group this week…thank you for sharing!!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

beautiful! :)

• Thanks ambikalee! This made my day :D

Blessings.

• Thanks!!! I love stuff like this!!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

This was wonderful! I just happened to come across this post as I was talking to a friend – right as he was talking about feeling down/guilty, I started reading this, so I read it out loud and we both loved it! Thank you :)

• Oh so beautifully put.