Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• YEAH we may miss you a little bit. Hey guys check out zooey sporting the black and decker FP in the background LOL.

zooey you didn’t mention the name of this new site.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Hey, I just realized I didn’t tell the answer to my joke: What’s brown and sticky? ...A stick! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! (Come on, you guys loved it, admit it:) I heard it on a kids’ show my son was watching and I decided it’s the funniest dumb joke I’ve heard for a while :D

Hey! Who says you’re not allowed!? It’s all good. I ate meat and then most everything else raw for about 2 1/2 years, and have only been eating 100% raw for the last 2 months. I still thought of myself as eating raw, because that was mostly what I ate. Most of the people on this site do not eat 100% raw, either. Do what works, and of course, everybody’s welcome. Plus, we need more people with good humor on here – we WOULD miss you! :)

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Love the joke, angie. A stick… jeeeez! ;o)

Thanks, jenergy:) I told it at my family dinner, and I didn’t even care if people liked it, because I thought it was hilarious! I’m “weird” like that. ;)

stRAWberry – Gregory peck! HAHAHA :D I hadn’t heard of raw foodists drinking urine, but I have heard that if you need to survive and don’t have water, you can drink your own urine as many as 3 times before it will kill you. I suppose how many times depends on how well hydrated you were before that – hope I never have to test it! :P

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

see zooey was that so hard? aint you cute with a grin on your mug! teehee ah, you found a raw DATEING site…hubba hubba, I did the match .com thing and found a perfectly wonderful husband that way….but man the freaks out there!! I used to think there was no crazy like “woman” crazy until i went on match( now girls, dont throw rocks you know i speak the truth ;)...dont envy you one iota. no sir, not one iota… teehee the waitress… like your cat huh? did she stick her butt in the air and do that little wiggle they do right before they pounce? or make that funny little jaw clacking noise( you know the one when they really really want something? my cat does it when she is inside looking at birds at the outside feeder) haha so what did your vegan friend find so bullshitty about the resteraunt? or wa it the lifestyle in general? inquiring minds want to know, then post his address so we can all go throw tomatoes at him…raw ones of course….hahahah jokeing ;)

as angie said we are all on our own path so even if you revert to a filet and ham steak kinda guy what would we do with out your hilarious takes on life?dont go, DONT GO! sob… ;)

ardesmond your turn with a new pic see if you can top zooey! grin!

seriously ? pee drinking? oh for gods sakes, can we all just stick to poop…teehee actually that poor guy who had to saw his own hand off after being trapped under a boulder, lived on his pee for 3 or 4 days…guess when your lips are parching off your face you’ll drink pee regardless…but i gotta say my lips would have to be parching off my face and then id have to be halucinating before i could overcome the gag reflex!

• hmmm I don’t think I can top that picute OM ..LOL

Raw dating site hmmm that’s interesting. Could you imagine breaking up with someone because you found out they use NAMA SHOYU…. boomp boomp is this thing on did anyone get the joke.

-OMshanti I wish I could remember the YOU TUBE video showing the raw chick drinking her pee, can’t remember the name of it, it was something like HEALTH FREAKS.

-RAWberry good conspiracy theory.. lol

- Thinking zooey will have so much to read considering he is West coast time when he wakes up. .... :)

ardesmond, hahahaha can you imagine that conversation?” I dont know who you are anymore moon beam, I mean, NAMASHOYU? for gods sakes theirs sea salt! sob!” hahahahaha we are so gonna get stoned for this line of hilarity ardesmond, better buy some ply wood for your windows! teehee as for that lazy ass zooey(;), im west coast…helloo my butts outa bed. course he could actually have a life and like say… excersize or something in the am…im just waiting for it to get light enought to feed my critters with out breaking my ankle in the dark! and its that time now…dern it, i love the witty reparte’...as per your lentil burgers with no root veggies for pulp…really? ill try but you know your killin’ me here with these restrictions. And it has to taste good to i suppose?...no soup for you! ;)

• OM- just clicked a picture at work, LOL the best I could do.

You are killing me over here….

Funny you say no soup for me because we used to literally kill this asparagus carrot soup and then we stopped eating the carrots and since then I haven’t had a soup. :(

7 AM Alarm rings , I so can picture you feeding the animals and the smell of something raw brewing in the dehydrator, with a cup of un-coffee or something. As for me well it’s almost lunch time here and I have to eat it with my meat eating friend who tells me how many pills she popped for this and that, all while she eats a steak and cheese.

ardesmond and omshanti – that was hilarious about the raw breakup thing. I love getting on here to find such wonderful enlightening, entertaining conversations :D I have made creamy soups before with avocado, greens (like sunflower greens or something), lemon, cayenne, etc. and water – no roots! ardesmond – I totally get it when you talk about your friend at work! :) :( I see the same things all around me. One funny conversation that continually goes on with one member of my family is that she thinks I am too thin and she doesn’t think she’s overweight. Then the next time we talk, she’s telling me how she REALLY wants to lose some weight and she is sick of it!? She still thinks I am too thin. ;)

• Good Morning Angie, was that soup KID friendly, oh speaking of kid friendly I started to post this earlier but wasn’t sure if you would read this thread. I made some fruit leathers over the weekend with pink lady and granny smith with some strawberries, you so have to make these if you have a dehydrator. I am such a kid for these but left them for my daughter’s lunch. They were so tasty.

ardesmond – If you’re talking about the tortilla soup, yes, he liked it. Thanks for the fruit leather idea – he loves the one I have made before with apples, pears, cinnamon and nutmeg (I got the recipe from “Hooked on Raw” by Rhio). I have been meaning to experiment with different combinations of fruits, but haven’t done it yet. I got a popscicle maker tray, and I have been making fruit “ice creams” in the new Vita-Mix almost every day. Just water or young coconut juice, frozen fruit and a little agave. He loves it, and I put the extra in to make popscicles. My plan was to stock up on healthy treats for summer, but the tray only makes four, and he keeps eating them all! :) I’m not complaining – I love it that he fills up on fruit every day. He is so into sweet, but I wonder if he would go for the tart/sour taste of the fruit leather you made. Thanks again for the tip! :)

Oh, and I like your new pic :) You all have been so funny about the pics that I’m thinking I need a smiling one, too ;) Maybe Angela Lansbury now that zooey’s done with her?

• You caught me StRAWberry. I’m actually doing a piece about a raw foodist who goes on a killing spree after using an 80’s children’s toy as her forum picture. But I’m still torn between a My Little Pony, and a Monchichi.

As for you OM, and all you others insinuating that I have been in bed—I do my writing in the morning so that I can have those hours to myself without the noise of the world coming in—between four and seven. This however, means going to bed quite early. Last night my cat muttered something and I said “What?” And he said, “I didn’t say anything.” And then when I closed my eyes I distinctly heard the word “loser.”

This brings me to a very important thought I had yesterday while brushing my teeth. If your cat started campaigning and was elected president, would you feel proud like a parent, or bitter like a discarded friend?

• OH MAN you are too much :::tears in my eyes:::: what would we do without you.Nothing like a good laugh while in cubicle world.

zooey: I guess you didn’t get my offer for the controversial P.A.C.E book I read, I have the PDF for you. Let me know.

• Angie you bought a VITA mIX… ughhh I guess I am the only one who hasn’t made the plunge. I can’t seem to find the money with this huge food bill every week. I thought about doing the payment plan.

• Yess RAWberry I am so stealing “grinds my grits”

“grinds my grits” – that IS hilarious! No, ardesmond, I couldn’t afford a Vita-Mix either, but when we saw the demo and superman was guzzling all the samples and asking for more, I knew this was the answer to getting him to eat fruits and veggies. We live with my parents, so I talked my dad into buying one and told him if he doesn’t like it, I’ll buy it from him in six months. Tricky me, huh!? I knew the vegetables to soup in under ten minutes would appeal to my mom, too – she doesn’t like to cook much. :) It is awesome!

• Man I have to get one, my daughter is starting to hate the green smoothies since the cuisnart is not making them smooth

ardesmond, the shirt..the tie…the smile! its so… you dahhhling! was dreaming of burger ideas, sprouted lentils taste like 10 kinds of moldy ass to me, so give me a list of “cants”..thats: cant use this or that…i know theres no onion, no garlic, no carrot, but can there be squash and seeds and jicama? i need pulp, man! how can i create with out pulp? teehee

loved your vision of my morning, let me give you the real scoop, PAY ATTENTION ZOOEY: please?( bats eyelashes followed by a shit eatin grin) 3 am hubbs alarm goes off, i curse and roll over curling around a spaniel…hubby sits up like some one has thrown cold water on him and smacks at the clock ..oh…5, 6 times. he stands up, sways from side to side, stumbles to the door and gropes for the knob, oh….5, 6 times curses and yanks it open, closing it none to quietly behind him… if im lucky i doze, repeat trip in to the room is made by hubby to give me a kiss gooodbye ( sweet man!)and usually a grope if he thinks he can get away with it( you men;) hahahaha then he leaves. its 3:28. the spaniels are snoring loudly by 3:30 so i think, “damn i better get up theres no sleeping here”.. i brew my peppermint tea, and do a few of sun sals( thats sun salutations for you non yogis, and for those of you really in the dark its stretching backwards fowards, lunges, interspersed with upside down “v”s with you body all the while pretending you arent breathing hard) then i feed the indoor animals, and plunk down to see what my good friends here at goneraw have left for my supreme entertainmen. By cup two of tea, 4:30 AM, i have the same argument with myself “go do your yoga at 6 with the rest of the wackos…no just get on the trainer and ride for 45 minutes, no really go to yoga, take the flashlight, feed the equines and go to yoga…” and so on and so on…sometimes the trainer and bike win out some times its yoga( at least 4 times a week its yoga) best way to start the day really….if like today im a lazy butt, i try writing, yes Zooey, you are not alone in the quest for sanity through pen and paper..not computer key and screen, PEN and PAPER…I use the computer for spell check and editing but my hard copys, so to speak, are notebooks… its a great hobby and fun entertainment for company when i do readings…its a tough crowd around here too, they spit and throw things! hahahah ive threatened to publish but outside of my horse articles the storys have been a non- starter for me. after sunrise( like the one that is my current pic/avatar) , i pull on my barn clothes, shake out my boots( scorpions dont you know, some times and errant snail or toad too its like chrismas every morning teehee) recieve 5 “shout outs” from the equines as i make my way down the hill carefully since barn kitty( diesel cat)is twining furiously around my ankles, to toss hay and pick up poop. I let the chickens out, toss a cup of leftovers to them instruct them to eat all snails and scorpions and then feed the turtle and his fish( the fish are food he became very fond of and decided they where his friends..greeeeaaat….) head out to teach my clients how not to drive their horses into insanity ! a true represetation of my morning and way more info than all of you thought to get too huh? teehee

zooey, you should get a spaniel! you say: lets turn in at 8 pm and they say ” man thanks, we are worn out from companioning you all day….snooooooreeeee” un like that ungrateful “jaysus” or is he latino… “hey seus”? cat. cant live with em and cant feed em to the neighbors…grin

Angie! yes! a smile girl friend, a smile. come on show us those pearly whites!!! to see some of these pics you’de think we all take ourselves seriously or somethin’ giggle

stRAWberry, grinds your grits?hahaha i was a snoopy gal myself with a quick foray into trolls and my little kitty…. these now a days knock offs really frost me…back in the day,plastic, toxic toys had heart ya know! teeeheee

CHEERS! ITS GOTTA BE MILLER TIME IN SOME PART OF THE COUNTRY…

• Omshanti you just made my day with that post, I only wish I could have such a day like that. Me, I just got out of traffic and now I am trying to convince the kid to have a smoothie for dinner, but she is screaming she wants goji berry cereal, ughh what is a dad to do. Okay going to jump in the shower, as for the burger “make it work”. NO ONION< NO GARLIC< NO CARROT everything else goes, but I have never had JICAMA so go easy.

• Ardes, yes, please send that along to deepforward at gmail. That other site is giveittomeraw or something gnarly like that. The site looks fun but being a non-myspace/facebook user I’m new to this whole add a friend, wink, leave a comment, will you go to bed with me, thing. I think I’ll just be extremely silly until I’m kicked out of the community and threatened with lawsuit. Like Don Knotts.

Om, I’ve decided that you are the type of person I was warned about in those McGruff the crime dog advertisements I saw when I was little. So please forgive me if I keep a safe distance from you. you seem like at any moment you might start singing and hit me over the head with a spoon.

And by the way, I am not going on a dating site, thank you. Leave your sick fantasies to yourself. I am quite happy with my cat. And yes, he is Latino, and no, sorry I have a thing against dogs. I’m sorry. First of all, my mom taught me to never date a woman who likes small dogs, second, my ex used to sleep with hers in the bed. I’d come home and lift up the blanket and see this wheezing, gurgling old dog looking up at me and sounding like a broken percolator and there’d be hair on my pillow. Ick.

I know I’m going to get it for that one. People would be more willing to accept me if I said I was into flinging my poo and nuns than they are when they hear that I’m not into dogs. “Wha? What’s the matter with you? Are you some kind of communist?” And then, invariably— “Sick ‘em!”

Actually my cat is trained to sleep at night. I’m not sure who trained him in this as I got him when he was a kitten but whoever did it did an amazing job because not only does he sleep at night but he sleeps all morning and all of the afternoon. He might be dead. No, that was harsh, I’m sorry—I don’t want to offend anyone. But seriously, how can you tell if you’re cat is in a coma? Does he have to be wearing a hospital gown?

Time to go,

Hi-ho

• ahhh ZOOEY you’ve got mail,

aw zooey now you are just getting personal…why would you lump me into the small dog set? did you not see all the pet pics last week, two big dogs AND two small dogs, and these current mutts sleep on top of the covers thank you and usually at me feet, next dog will be blessedly big like fabulouse big dog i had prior to her demise leaving me with these two starter hounds….Tahoe, bless her, was a dobe/great dane. 92 freaking pounds of jet black lovin’ I miss her daily….

oh and im harmless despite that lieing , coniveing McGruff….we married folk like to spread the wealth is all…and since no one was more suprized than i for going on match and then having success…well, i’ll be touting it from the tree tops for years to come!( yes, yes i see the eye rolling and the gag me gesture…) big grin some of my favorite people are cats, jesus sounds lov-er-ly…my guess is because of his heritage hes siesta-ing but just in case you want to make sure its not a coma, get right up behind the little dears slumbering noggin and shout: “arriba, arriba, andale, andale, eppa, eppa!” if no responce take him immediately to the vet! sheepish grin

ardesmond, dont fear the jicama( youve really never had one? guffaw guffaw)i was thinking broccoli! i was thinking cauliflour! maybe even a jerusalem artichoke…hang on i gotta fire up the juicer…...i’ll keep you posted! no salt or nama either right?( shaking my head in despair…) nighty nighty all!

• OM- if you get this help. I just made the worst honey mustard dressing from this site. I am trying to get a honey mustard dressing under my belt and I need it for my daughters lunch in the morning… UGHH I hope you haven’t logged the computer off yet…

• lol OM I just read what you said about JEsus, I can’t wait till he reads that…. good one.

• Your comments about my Mexican cat, coming as they are on Cezar Chavez day, leave much to be desired, Om. Goodnight to you all as well. It’s almost time for bed and I have a book, a bathtub and an insulted cat waiting for me.

to zooeys cat, jesus: amorcito, no te preocupas, solo fue un pequeno chiste ayer. Su papi me dice que tu eres guapisimo! preguntale porque no hay fotos de usted. Es claro que el no te amo. :0) Ok, dont worry Zooey your cat and I are all “comprende-d” up…oh i forgot to wish him a happy ceazar chavez day, please pass on my good wishes k? wow had to dust of my spanish for that one, but its dangerous to go around with bad cat karma, phew! Whatcha readin’?hmm? hmmm? I just read “The Bean Trees” by Barbara Kinglsolver(isnt that a great last name? I love her stuff) I have a Cormac Mcarthy looming me in the face but i just cant bring myself to start it, so i guess i’ll go for some fluff i can find at target first. Any recommendations? not for the fluff silly, i can find that myself, i meant them books with learnin in ‘em…GRIN hey, now theres an idea…. a gone raw book club!

ardesmond, sorry i missed the recipe opportunity for your kid, go with goji berry cereal since its a favorite! hahaha…hmmm honey mustard…well( try date syrup for the sweet, olive oil and avocado for the creamy, vinegar for the sour,maybe a bit of red bell pepper for flavor…not to much you could grind some actual mustard seed or use wasabi powder, maybe a squeeze of lemon juice and a dab of nut butter…im not a fan of honey mustard myself but let your imagination run wild and taste along the way. Its not raw but i use rice vinegar or balsamic alot. I made a strawberry balsamic the other day that was great on dandelion greens and kale, pretty too. I ve got some experimental burger patties in the “D” taste test for lunch then ill fill you in…the one that was best tasteing before i stuck it in there had the wierdest consistency cause i shredded some celery in it for flavor…next time i think ill jsut juice the celery…. i hope you are gonna make some raw condiments for these things cause they are kinda bland! grin…how about you? read any good books, and not conspiracy theory, nutritional values , scientific research kinda books either…real honest to goodness , loose yourself in the story, read a whole page without blinking kinda books….;) man i dont envy you the traffic in GA, which peach tree do you love off of? hahah i remember when i visited friends and family there every freaking street was called peachtree!

Happy morning to you all!

• Good Morning Omshanti, that salad dressing sounds tasty, and you are right not to much ground mustard “gross”. I am not a honey mustard fan myself either, but since I send the kid with a salad to school I have to keep the dressings unique and fun “no what I mean”. She is going to hate the concoction that I sent with her today I can just feel it.

I have to get me translator out to see what you said to the cat TEE HEE> :)

Not reading any books right now because I am so engulfed in getting back into the gym and working out. I took 3 months off to get through the detox crap. The Bean Trees hmmm are you feeling maternal this week, sounds mushy.

well, yaaaaeh, i am a girl despite all the cracking wise! teehee it was a mushy girl book…maternal? who me with all my fur babys?( batts eye lashes) nahhh what makes you think that? hahahahhahah hmm maybe your daughter would like the strawberry one i made..you could replace the balsamic with apple cider..it was zingy and sweet and if you wanted to “kid” it up a bit you could add date paste to make it sweeter. wow a new dressing everyday? id be giving her nut butter sammys and raw cheezits….see, i shouldnt have real live human children…hahahahah we’ll see what zooey says about my childhood dominican spanish..teehee. I just told that old furball regurgetator i was kidding, then of course i tried to redirect his bad kitty evil eye onto zooey himself, by saying that since we have had no picture of jesus zooey clearly does not love him….bwaahaaaahahahahha, course you know whats comin right? a pic of our lord a savior next as zooeys cat….you watch…grin