Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Jesus, Strawberry. What are you talking about? Man, I have been away too long. One minute you’re on an online forum, the next you’re in Jonestown.

It’s good that I have been gone though because I am actually smitten with Om. From her literary tastes to her warm nature. Om, you are the cat’s pajamas. I wish you the greatest happiness in your marriage. You seem awesome.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

strawberry, you crack me up! may i suggest over 55 communities as well for good trolling. these guys usually still have a home and are active which translates into money in equity and a convenient,practically fool proof “accident” scenario at the badgammon court. grin, even old robert redford may find himself living in one some day when even he gets to uncool for the sundance film festival andthey vote to lock him in to one of the gated facilities..: I mean “communitites” teehee. your life sounds like its been rich indeed marriage wise. i was twenty for my first marriage as well, this one , god willing, is my last…..

Zooey, sweet man, you must have succumed to the crack cocaine after all…”literary” and “taste” cannot be used seriously in the same sentance about my book choices! teehee but i thank you for the compliments (real and imagined on my part!) teehee Jesus is MUY GUAPO! i love the way he is gazing into the camera…. Im no expert but i wanted to comment to you and ANGIE about this “diet” I get that you are trying to be pure for 30 days zooey and angie you have dietary restrictions due to your health but in the end you eat raw food cause its what you like to do and it makes you feel good..If you feel like a big steaming pile physically or mentally( because you are beating yourself up for “cheating”) then you took a hard left onto the wrong track! If you want say, jalapeno albacore or a plate of steamed mussels in wine then eat it for heavens sakes…bread? well i know a good bakery in vista…grin….Maybe its the leo in me but food and wine make the world go round. enjoy it for its merits…dont focus on the details! uh-oh i hear the sirens and see the lights…RAW POLICE ARE AT MY BACK GATE….aaaaaaiiiiieeeeee….........

ardes, get some sleep dude, 3 and half hours? i thought i was bad with 6…that since raw by the way. i used to sleep about 8 a night and had no problem sleeping longer than 8…now my eyes pop open,luckily it fits in with my farmer lifestyle! teehee

blue, that poor dear down the street from me is still suffering….the county investigator and i are on a first name basis, i call monthly and will call weekly if i have to…she told me that the rescues we see on animal planet are enhanced for our viewing pleasure…like top model or other reality shows speaking or which ARDES..you dont really want to be on wife swap do ya? yikes…dont get me wrong, ill watch and cringe with the rest of america.. har har har..but yikes! ;0) well the yoga argument my head has won, im of to asana my way to health and happiness…LUNA you up yet?

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

hey om~ Sorry to hear that. I have heard there are many animals, including horses, that are being abandoned lately due to people unable to care for them. Is there a Rescue place here in SD that might want to get involved? Maybe if the poor dear has a place to go to the owner would be willing to surrender the horse to a better situation and the county would be more prone to action on behalf of all concerned.

BTW, if the Raw Police are at your back gate, sic your donkey on them. I think I am permanently on their speed dial! hehehe

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Zooey – thanks for the compliment on my pic :)

Om and Blue – that’s hilarious about the raw food police! I am finally (again)not worried about being all raw. I never started changing my life with the intention to eat all raw. You’re right, Om, it just turned out that’s what I like a lot. I dumped the dietary restrictions, by the way! :D I learned a lot from the books by Dr. Cousens, and going without sweet foods for a few weeks has sort of re-trained me to eat what is good. I decided that if I eat grains, fruits and vegetables and don’t eat tons of meat, and stay away from things I know are harmful to my body – i.e. crack cocaine! ;) that God will bless me with good health and I can be happy without stressing about whether I can eat this vegetable or that fruit for six months :) Take that, Raw Food Police! As for me, literature the last few years has sadly been composed of Dr. Seuss, Health/Nutrition/Natural Healing type books, and college textbooks. I need something new, but it has been so long I almost don’t know where to start. I think I need to go to the library. :) I am also thinking of getting a pet rabbit (because I have always liked them and all the bunny pics reminded me); I guess I’ll just need to keep it away from the carnivorous carrots :D

stRAWberry – errand day for me, too, and then to school (usually my day off) to catch up on some projects this afternoon. I’ll think of you while I’m continuously going, going, going from one place to another. heehee :) I’m happy.

Hey, stRAWberry – I used “grinds my grits” today :)

• zooey glass….FRANNY AND ZOOEY???

st – No, I was talking to my mom at her work, but it was fun and I am wanting to say it everywhere I go :)

zooey – That picture made me LAUGH!!! It still is :D Thanks for the entertainment :)

So, I have been thinking about a pet rabbit for several months now, and then everyone starts using rabbit pics and reminding me the other day. So today I called to find out prices of rabbits, cages, food, etc. and I am really wanting to get one. But here I am talking myself in and out – can I afford another $15 – $20 per month for rabbit food? Hey, rabbit food is cheaper than therapy – back and forth. Then I get on here tonight and look at something, and there’s another person with a rabbit pic – and I decided I’m getting one, although it’ll probably be a couple of months.

I can’t get over the raccoon/pig pic! :D

I like cuddly/snuggly animals – rabbits and boa constrictors. :) Alas, a boa constrictor could possibly someday eat my child/nieces/nephews/me, and they’re hard to pass off to someone else once they get that big. So I’ll settle for a rabbit for now :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Hey all! Wow, I have missed a little bit eh?

asRAWberry, I’m Mr. T! ( the one with the mohawk, in case you are too young to remember the A – Team!)

Om, actaully, my aunt did sell Brownie, but not to the glue people! Jonny lived till he was thirty, the poor thing had a heart attack a few summers ago. Really hot humid day. Poor guy, They didn’t bring him in the airconditioned house to protect him! GOD! :)I wass looking for a particularly fierce pic of Mr. T, but none were to my liking. So went with the whole team. I am thinking of changing it again. Have to find the right one though!

ardes, I have a beautiful job. My schedual is all over the place. And I am only part time! Suckers!:)

Oh I just remember. Last night my hubby rented the movie ‘Sweeny Todd’ i really liked it though it has to be the wirdest story ever! Jonny Dep plays Mr. Todd, and he is great as usual. For a murderous barber, you don’t really hate the character. The other thing is, it’s a musical. Double wierd! i did like it though.

It was a double feature night, and we started with ‘Walk Hard’. Silly, but enjoyable. i though it would have me peeing my pants with laughter, but it didn’t:(

Hello? Is there anybody out there? Am I the only person stuck at home on a lovely spring day? I have been dog sitting while my husband instals a new whater heater. Yay.

Nobody here to play with.:(

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Luna, that squirrel is off the hook! Jus’ sayin. ;o)

I saw Sweeny Todd at the theater when it came out, and MAN what a movie. Of course, I have a deep and abiding love for (ahem, borderline obsession with) Mr. Depp. Good lord that man tunes my piano. I’ve been a loyal fan since 21 Jump Street. ;o)

The level of gore in it surprised me, even knowing what the story was ahead of time. Jeeeeeez, the bodies hitting the pavement is what really got to me. Naaasty.

But SUCH a cool movie.

jenergy, I’v been calling him Arnold Fuzzineggar

Sweeny, was awsome, and same with me the bodies smacking down on the pavement was what bothered me most. I knew it was about a murderours barber, but I really didn’t know any thing else about it other than that. So when he does in the first dude and they don’t know what to do with the body, I pipe up and say ‘Oh, well if meat is so hard to come by, just put him in your meatpies.’ Good lord, I am truly warped!

Did you feel the same way as me about Mr. Todd? He was really a demon, but I didn’t hate him at all!! Perhaps the fact that he was played by Depp may have made a difference! :)

Hi, everybody! I came to play this morning and no one was here :( So, I tried to make the spinach-stuffed meatloaf from this site. It tasted like a pile of garlic mush. I liked it :)

• Wow a lot has happened in the past few days !!!!!!! Hope you guys are thriving…..

He angie! Not too many kids to play with today. Just me you and jenergy here so far today! Garlic mush sounds good! I made the butternut squash pasta con agli olio. Somthing like that, I may have spelt it wrong. I think it’s one of JoyceH recipes. It was great. Of course I put too much garlic. Tasted great at the time, but now it tastes like a garlic monster died in my mouth! Oh well. jenergy and I have been discussing the movie Sweeny Todd, have you seen it? I love Johnny Depp, I think he is a brilliant actor!

Well, I am gonna go back to the TV premier of the 2nd Star Wars flick. I havn’t seen it since it came out in the theater. I am such a geek.:)

I have been wanting to make the butternut stuff – I’m glad to know you liked it! I hate anything scary/violent/bloody, so I won’t be seeing that. Too, bad; I like to look at Johnny Depp, too ;) Everybody talking about literature made me realize that I haven’t read anything (just because I want to) for a long time. I went to the library yesterday and got a book. I started reading it last night while I was babysitting for my brother, and I am liking the story. I also decided (finally) to get a pet rabbit, although it will still be a couple of months before I really get it. A lot of things I have wanted to do for a long time, I am allowing myself to do now. :)

Ardes, I like your other pictures way better. This one is artsy, but it kinda is a little distubing to me!

I have an eye problem, so I would love to read a novel like I used to be able to do! I have to have large print and you can’t get just anything in large.

Angie, I take it you are in school, am i right? I remember the feeling of not reading anything for my own pleasure for a long time. Felt good when I picked up my first book that I knew i wouldn’t be tested on!

I am tired, too much sun and fresh air today!

Nighty nights!

Luna – Yeah, I am in school, and even before that I was just studying nutrition and healing books. I have learned a ton – now, it is time for me to learn to have FUN!!!!!!

desi – yeah, I agree with Luna – I like the other pics better. :)

Luna – That is too bad you can’t read novels! :( Do you just have really big print on your computer screen? and what about TV? I love that this post has turned into a way for us to sort of get to know each other – and no one has gotten kicked off for not using cabbages camoflage. :D

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Hey angie… never fear, there are several very good Johnny Depp movies that aren’t gory or scary. Well. Some, anyway. He tends to make some pretty weird stuff. I think that’s part of the appeal for me. ;o)

Sleepy Hollow was great, stylistically. Um, Edward Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were good, although more like kid movies to me. Dead Man kicks butt, but it’s also EXTREMELY strange and existential with a couple gross scenes. I loved his portrayal in Stephen King’s Secret Window. I even liked him in The Ninth Gate, which was a yawningly stupid movie otherwise. Heh. Benny and Joon, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, both good and not gross. And of COURSE the Pirate movies. Johnny Depp is the sexiest pirate on earth. Heh. ;o) Oh and Blow was really, really good too. Penelope Cruz was in that one with him and she kicks butt. I also loved Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but that’s definitely a disturbing one.

Yeah… I’m obsessed. Hahaha. ;o)

• yawnnnn everyone gone… catch u guys tomorrow.

You changed your pic again :) Have you been getting some sleep?

jenergy – thanks for the rundown :) I think I have seen all the non-scary ones except What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. I have to say that I took my son to see Charlie and thhe Chocolate Factory, and that’s a kid movie I didn’t mind watching so much. ;) I guess I lost my obsession when I was a lot younger, but I still like him in some of the older, non-freaky stuff. Benny and Joon was good.

Yay ardes changed his pic! Anyhow yes this is really a nice way for us all to get to know each other!

angie, TV is a task, I’m always asking my hubby ‘who’s that guy and what not. If I sit close enough it’s fine, like two feet away! Oh well, something I have gotten used to. It started getting deteriorating in my teens. The only thing I can’t do is drive and read novels, it could be worse!

jenergy, haven’t you seen Ed Wood with Depp? It’s…. wierd… surprise , surprise!! Poor Bella Lagosi! I loooooooooove Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Somehow very sexy even with the eyeliner and the flakyness!

Ha ha ha ha, my husband just invited the cat into the bathroom with him, just in case he runs out of toilet paper! OMG! ha ha ha:)

Well, I will check on you guys later to make sure you continue playing nice!:)

Oh, I just clicked on your pic. ardes, did you take the photo? I love it. Buddha kicks ass!!!

• Hey everyone sorry I haven’t been actively chatting, I have finely caught up on some rest, but then my daughters body started retracing and she had a 102 temp on Friday. I had to deal with that and making green juices all day LOL. She is well now and feeling much better.

Luna yes I changed the pic, I usually change my pics according to how I feel… and this is the pic I have on my desktop right now.

Angie, I made your bread thanks a lot , I am attempting to make the jelly now so that when my daughter goes to my sister’s house for spring break she will have plenty of raw treats that she can fix her self. You guys send me your best wishes I am so nervous sending her away for the week.

Talk to you guys later. PEace

I’m glad you liked the bread! Is your sis willing to buy/have plenty of fruit & veggies around and help your daughter, or is she like my siblings and my ex-boyfriend’s parents were – always trying to sneak in “the good stuff” to my poor deprived child? (The poor kid never gets any candy or chips? How sad… :( – I’m going to take him out for a treat!)