Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well you know what they say, ‘misery loves company’ I guess since they are miserable they want others to join in! Makes me wonder about what kind of people they are deep down!

It is hard to ignore them though. I know I must, because i will end up resenting them big time. That won’t be good for the work environment! My boss loves me though. She actaully called me into the office to thank me for being ’ a bright light’ in the place! She is always thnking me for being me. She is so sweet! So, at least the boss lady loves my a$$!

• hahaha. yes!!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Luna – Yeah :D, but at least now I know why he hasn’t asked me out all semester, and he said he was flattered. I have a teacher who says that 99.9% of dating is failure – it’s supposed to be that way, because you only marry one! So I decided to get on with the failing! :)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

angie, you go girl! ask those puppys out who cares if they are taken, no way to know until you ask i say! good for you! did your prof really give you those depresing ass stats? 99.9 % really? shit! its a miracle anyone is with anyone!

luna im haveing the opposite problem, im usually a bright light i guess, but with my broken butt im really kinda subdued…and people are like wow shes not herself then im like this si stupid this will pass ill be back to my routine soon….but i keep fighting tears of frustration, i feel like a troll and i have no clothes to wear, yes the bump is that big no kidding! i swear it feels the same as when i was in high school battleing my weight…and i dont consider my self at all vain! but combine the freaking hunch butt with the soreness the lack of mobility which equals the lack of income and the inability to excersize or have sex(sorry about the over sharing) and its just a freaking recipe for disaster! im trying not to drink my pain away! you know a few brewskis or some wine….ugh this is so stupid and self distructive…i wanna cry….. and have a huge pity party for myself, you guess wanna come?:0/

strawbverry id be flashing that pic around the nursing home if i where you…its just how i pictured you in my mind! tehee

om – he was just stating the principle – of course, if you date 100 people and only marry 1, then that is a 99% failure rate. But he wasn’t doing it to depress us, just to help us not get so down after every failure, and instead think of how we are just that much closer to success. :) Man, I feel sad for you – but I have to say I wanna join the pity party, with a huge bucket of raw chocolate ice cream and treats!!!! Really, it has been helping me a lot the past few days, but I’m going to need to get some more soon; I’m almost out! :( Yesterday, I found the raw walnut brownies I had made 3 weeks ago in the fridge. No one here really cared for them that much, and I ate the whole bunch (about 3/4 of the recipe!) and then later had a chocolate-banana shake. It is calling my name again… I definitely understand feelings of frustration and wanting to cry. I am way behind in two of my classes, and I just found out that two of the projects I was working on in my computer class got erased from my flash drive (because I am clueless/technologically illiterate and screwed it up), so I have to start over. At this point in the class, I should be done with those two, plus two more, and now working on my final project, about which I am also clueless. The thing that makes it even more stressful/frustrating is that this class is a prerequisite for all my other classes in my major, and if I don’t pass it, I will have to retake it before I can move on in my major. If I don’t pass both these classes I won’t get financial aid for summer classes, and it will be fall vefore I can take ANY more classes. Then, I have finally started getting a little child support, but now it is looking like he has quit his job, because I should have gotten another check by now but no garnishment has come for April yet. :( I went to the pet store to hold animals today. That will have to get me through until I can buy more raw chocolate, LOL!! Aaaaaaargh! This is a fun party – pass the chocolate. :)

om – No prob with the over sharing. I beleive that sex is a spititual thing. Mind you, I don’t really want details from you!:0 I know how you feel. Last fall I twisted my left ankle walking the dog in the woods, and on the way home I was favouring it, and ened up twisting my right ankle even worse! So I hobbled back home on a now numb ankle. The left went numb too. I thought oh oh i broke it again! When i got up in the middle of the night to go wiz and i couldn’t put ANY weight on it. It hurt like a B. My lovey took the day off to take me to the walk in clinic for x-ray, and no, not broken, but boy oh boy did i ever sprain the bjesus out of it.What a bone head move though. Twisting BOTH my ankles! :( It’s so frustrating to be laid up like that! I hope you have been icing that 3rd but cheek! Anyhoooo. Have a glass of some good organic Shiraz, what the hell. Just don’t let yourself polish off the whole thing!!

Hope you are feeling better soon hon!:)

Okay, I just made myself a chocolate/strawberry/banana shake (aka banana split shake), and I am in heaven. I just remembered I bought my dad some raw cacao and he hasn’t used it yet…Yummy for my tummy! (Okay, I’ll pay him back!) The shake is just taking the edge off; I’m going to be needing some serious chocolate therapy! Om – If I do pass these classes, I’ll be wanting to buy some of your yummy breads for summer – let me know if you’re up to it! I used the spinach-stuffed meatloaf (minus the spinach and sauce) and it reminded me of tuna – it would be awesome on your cr-onion bread! I liked it as meatloaf, too. Funny, because I have never really loved meatloaf OR tuna sandwiches – the raw versions just have so much flavor. The whole cardboard versus food thing, I guess. ;)

Om – I hope you’re feeling better soon!

• Okay, this must be the longest thread in goneraw.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I remember Captain Kangaroo! And Mr. Green Jeans, and some kind of moose puppet thing. That’s all I remember, though, just those three characters. Not the cartoons, not what the show was about… just those three characters.

So, I want to write a little comment for everyone here, really I do, but it’s like 20 minutes past my bedtime and I’m really tired. So… HI EVERYONE!

Goodnight! :o)

P.S. We should change the name of this thread to Free Association, or Rambling Topics… Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy… heheh… tired, sorry. ;o)

• On Capt. Kangaroo—remember the Banana Man???!!!

i just want to say you guys rock!!

angie: you have inspired me and while ill probobly still whine and cry a little , im going to make myself a nanna choc mint shake this morning, and hug all my creatures…which i do daily but some times dont reap the benefits..you going to the pet store to hold animals relaly struck a cord with me…not to mention all the yummie chocolate consumption..sometimes im really bad at taking my own advise. grin! oh yeah, i was thinking about the house rabbit society too as a source for your bunny aquisition of course a trip through your local classifieds would probobly net you one to…or contact your local feed stores or 4/h club…you dont have to depend on the pet store for your pets…jsut puttiing on my thinking cap…

Capt. kangaroo? i vaguely remember him from stints in the states on home leave..why did he never make nicolodean? heehee hey strawberry, my dad remembers that cartoon….how old are you, really you are funny as hell, not that there is an age limit on that teehee. i hope to be an old dame one day( notice i didnt say lady…oh and im not insinuating you are a dame… unless you want to be ;)) an honest to goodness dame, like mae west or katherine hepburn although she is border line lady/dame…..anyhow hows the nurseing home trolling going? and how is wisdom tooth boy? as per my ass cheek i can wear i pair of my really baggy sweats, but the profile is bad…so its sweats AND a long jacket…and it getting hot here soooo..anyhow im going to have to start upping the advil intake as the nerves are coming alive (ow )after their squashing…now its almost as painfull as it looks! but im not gonna piss and moan about it any more…we leos do get the stuffing knocked out of us but once the appropriate wallowing takes place we bounce back pretty quick!

Luna thanks for comiserating, i settled for one honey porter….and some guacamole! teehee

welcome new playmates! isnt this thread the bomb? someone will have to dig the zoo man up for a thread name change, but i like the one we have its kind of, provocative!

hey strawberry thought youde like this tid bit: Captain Kangaroo passed away on January 23, 2004, age 76, which is odd, because he always looked to be 76. (DOB: 6/27/27 ) His death reminded me of the following story.

Some people have been a bit offended that the actor, Lee Marvin, who is buried in a grave alongside 3- and 4-star generals at Arlington National Cemetery. His marker gives his name, rank (PVT) and service (USMC). &n bsp;Nothing else. Here’s a guy who was only a famous movie star who served his time, why the heck does he rate burial with these guys? Well, following is the amazing answer:

I always liked Lee Marvin, but didn’t know the extent of his Corps experiences.

In a time when many Hollywood stars served their country in the armed forces often in rear echelon posts where they were carefully protected, only to be trotted out to perform for the cameras in war bond promotions, Lee Marvin was a genuine hero. He won the Navy Cross at Iwo Jima. There is only one higher Naval award… the Medal Of Honor!

&nb sp;

If that is a surprising comment on the true character of the man, he credits his sergeant with an even greater show of bravery.

Dialog from ‘The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson’ : His guest was Lee Marvin. Johnny said, ‘Lee, I’ll bet a lot of people are unaware that you were a Marine in the initial landing at Iwo Jima .and that during the course of that action you earned the Navy Cross and were severely wounded.’

& nbsp;& nbsp;

‘Yeah, yeah… I got shot square in the bottom and they gave me the Cross for securing a hot spot about halfway up Suribachi. Bad thing about getting shot up on a mountain is guys getting shot hauling you down. But, Johnny, at Iwo I served under the bravest man I ever knew… We both got the Cross the same day, but what he did for his Cross made mine look cheap in comparison. That dumb guy actually stood up on Red beach and directed his troops to move forward and get the hell off the beach. Bullets flying by, with mortar rounds landing everywhere and he stood there as the main target of gunfire so that he could get his men to safety. He did this on more than one occasion because his men’s safety was more important than his own life.

That Sergeant and I have been lifelong friends. When they brought me off Suribachi we passed the Sergeant and he lit a smoke and passed it to me, lying on my belly on the litter and said, ‘Where’d they get you Lee?’ ‘Well Bob… if you make it home before me, tell Mom to sell the outhouse!’ Johnny, I’m not lying, Sergeant Keeshan was the bravest man I ever knew. The Sergeant’s name is Bob Keeshan. You and the world know him as Captain Kangaroo.’

On another note, there was this wimpy little man (who just passed away) on PBS, gentle and quiet. Mr. Rogers is another of those you would least suspect of being anything but what he now portrays to our youth. But Mr. Rogers was a U.S. Navy Seal, combat-proven in Vietnam with over twenty-five confirmed kills to his name. He wore a long-sleeved sweater on TV, to cover the many tattoos on his forearm and biceps. He was a master in small arms and hand-to-hand combat, able to disarm or kill in a heartbeat.

< /DIV> After the war Mr. Rogers became an ordained Presbyterian minister and therefore a pacifist. Vowing to never harm another human and also dedicating the rest of his life to trying to help lead children on the right path in life. He hid away the tattoos and his past life and won our hearts with his quiet wit and charm. America’s real heroes don’t flaunt what they did; they quietly go about their day-to-day lives, doing what they do best. They earned our respect and the freedoms that we all enjoy. Look around and see if you can find one of those heroes in your midst. Often, they are the ones you’d least suspect, but would most like to have on your side if anything ever happened. Take the time to thank anyone that has fought for our freedom. With encouragement they could be the next Captain Kangaroo or Mr. Rogers.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

broke butt om~ That’s sooo purdy. ;) It hurts just looking at it. Is it down to your knee area?

Thankx for the info on Capt Kangaroo and Mr Rogers. Amazing people that made huge differences in their life times… the grace and humility that were their lives… who knew?

Some of my favorite cartoons growing up were Felix the Cat and Casper the Friendly Ghost. Oh… and don’t forget Gumby… wheeeee. 8)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Remember?... the eyes go back and forth also. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could find a clock on ebay…

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Daaaaaaamn, om! Your butt looks like somebody took a baseball bat to it. Ouch!

OK, I feel like a total ass doing this, but being the insatiably curious gemini I am, I had to look up the Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Rogers, and Lee Marvin stuff on Snopes.

Lee Marvin – true. Mr. Rogers & the Captain… eh, not so much.

Cap. Kangaroo: http://www.snopes.com/military/marvin.asp

Mr. Rogers: http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

I’m sorry.

om – Your poor bum! :( (I’m crying for you) Thanks for the ideas about the classifieds for a bunny. I am also a member of a local freecycle group, so I could post looking for a bunny and cage on there, or my dad may even have an old cage, I’ll have to check it out after finals. I held a (red-tailed) boa constrictor for quite a while at the pet store. I have wanted one for years but didn’t get one because 1: the money, 2: I didn’t want a pet that could potentially eat my child or other pets, and 3: now that I have found out more about them and how to be safe, etc. – my mom can’t stand snakes and WILL NOT allow one in her house, cage or no. Plus there is still the money thing. So a bunny will have to do until I can get my own place and money for the boa and cages, etc. It was so therapeutic for me, though – you inspired me by telling about all your animals. I used to feed the neighbor’s horse weeds from the garden, but then he kept reaching over the fence to eat more when I wasn’t there, and the fence is breaking down now, so I have been forbidden to do that any more.

jenergy – Jack Handy! I haven’t thought of deep thoughts for quite a while; thanks for reminding me. My two favorites: 1 – To me, boxing is like a ballet. Only there’s no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other. 2 – If you ever fall from the top of the Empire State Building, just go real limp, so people will think you’re a dummy, and then maybe someone will try to catch you, because hey, free dummy!

jenergy i should have snoped it! damn, got it from a freind on email and just published without much thought as we where jsut having this discussion on capt. kangaroo…sigh oh well it was nice to think about anyhow!

jsut for your alls info the black part is my actual ass cheek, the green part is my new ass cheek! hahahaha feeling better today..hurts and itches but both signs of healing soooooo.

angie, i never had snakes …but i have turtles my red eared slider is fun her name is turdie( so originall;) she lives outside in a 100 gallon horse trough with her three fish and her heater and filter.. shes cool, when i brought her home she was the size of a silver dollar now she is 6 inches across! i wish i had a koi pond for her but i think she is more protected in her current set up! the only draw back for me about snakes is the feeding…i mean for heaven sakes i cried over the chicken attack on the pinkies…cant imagine feeding my ever growing retile live baby chicks, ect ect! tried koi in maryland…the raccoons cleaned me out in one go! so i settled for water plants and enjoyed guppies and frogs! and “sea monkeys” aka mosquito larvea…until i got guppies that is! teehee

my bunner was litter trained they are easy to train and such clean house pets but they seem to like a good turn out inthe out of doors..check out this site for a really cool rabbit set up http://www.omlet.co.uk/products_services/produc… expensive but so nice!!!

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

what is this thread about? i feel like i walked in on a big inside joke lol.

what did you guys do to om’s ass?

kundalalita – Read back through previous posts, if you have time – om got hurt horseback riding, but you should read the way she told it!

om – Yeah, I have wondered about feeding live animals to the snake, but there is just something about boas that I love… At least rabbits are herbivores :) Although, I do need to keep animals here or we’ll lose the animal rights – raising chickens to feed to a snake? ;) One of those things – maybe when I get married again I won’t need a snake to cuddle with? heehee :D

st – thanks for the info. about feeding snakes. I was thinking if I feed it a chicken I would have to kill the chicken first because it would probably hurt the snake otherwise. We had rabbits when I was a kid – outside in a rabbit shed. We also had pigeons, chickens, turkeys, sheep/lambs, goats, etc. and all of them were eventually used for our food. So I’m not totally opposed to having chickens and eventually feeding them to my snake, AFTER they have lived a good life. For the smaller things, I might just have to buy things like mice and rats that are frozen and sold as pet food at the pet store. I’m still figuring it out – I can’t get one now, anyhow, so we’ll see… A shovel for the rabbit :D HAHAHA! Yeah, if I get a rabbit, I want to have one of those wire cages so the poop just falls through the bottom – then I can put it where I want it (over the compost pile, etc.) and if I need a shovel, it won’t be so hard to shovel it once in a while, rather than changing the sawdust in a cage so often.

strawberry, rabbits are no worse than cats IMO you gotta clean the litter once a day at least or twice a day for really easy maintenance… i used clumping litter for mine like for kittys..they had no adverse reactons to it as they didnt live on it, as with kittys..they used their box and hopped around or lounged around on the furniture like cats….they dont make my nose itch like cats, they dont purr or yeowl and they are as fun.. hmm, i see a bias showing up here! teehee my bunnies had a run out of doors, but they where house pets, no big stinky cages with tons of poop and pee under it….same with my guinea rats when i had them this was all pre dog and college pet as pooch had to stay home with the ‘rents. i like birds too, but i guess horses being the biggest thing you need a shovel for, well…....heeeehhheeee none of my pets would suit you Strawberry! maybe the turtle…;0)

Hey angie, maybe find a guy with snakes to date! best of both worlds…hahahahah

kunda, this has turned into a free for all email kinda dealio join us!! the pic of my butt is self explanitory!;0)

om – a guy with snakes! Woohoo! hee hee hee I guess I have a hard enough time finding a guy that is kind and interesting to talk to, so…haven’t moved on to things like snakes. :) Maybe someday!?

just curious what makes a guy interesting to talk to in your opinion…whats your ideal guy? we know strawberry prefers one with money and a weak pulse! teeheehee

No-go on the rabbit as a housepet for now, either. My mom won’t allow ANY animals in the house (maybe an aquarium with fish, but don’t spill!) :) I keep thinking that maybe I should just wait until I live on my own, but that will be YEARS! and I don’t want to wait that long. Maybe a pet rabbit outside for now? Or put up with changing the litter every day – if it was in a cage and didn’t stink up the house, I might have a chance with my mom. :)

I guess a guy who’s interested in life – enjoys life and is about more than sex and making money! I like to be around positive people – who know where they are going and enjoy the journey – also kind, compassionate, and interested in doing good. I guess a guy is interesting to talk to when he likes to talk! (I get really sick of going to a dance and having guys think that I will be happy to just have them pay attention to me and expect me to sleep with them.) I just want a real relationship based on real friendship, so that if/when we do marry, we have something to talk about and we enjoy spending time together. I also don’t do premarital sex, so the guys who are only interested in sex and nothing real or lasting are out before they start! I seem to have things in common with artistic/creative men, and I can get along with just about anyoone, but I love spontaneity and being able to laugh and be stupid or to have a serious emotional/intellectual/philosophical/spiritual conversation with him. That sounds like a lot, but I guess those are the ideals, as well as a man who shares my same religious/spiritual views, and who loves kids and wants to be a dad. No wonder I haven’t found him! I have a friend who is wonderful and kind and stupid all at once, and I love him to death! He isn’t/hasn’t been interested in dating me, but at least knowing him I realize there are good men in the world! I figure either we’ll end up together, or he will keep me from giving up until I find someone else I can be totally happy with! :) At least we have fun talking. :)

What is going on? Site is acting like it has a major prob.

om – OH…...MY…..GOD! OWWWWWWW! You know what!? Count yourself lucky you didn’t land on your head, or we wouldn’t be chatting with you right now!!! Scarey!!

I had a really busy day, so i am going to crash now. Night nights kids!! Catch ya tomorrow!

st – yeah, I liked om’s summary of what you are looking for in a man, too :) It’s true, I might just have to visit the pet store more often :)