Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Slicing Potato Chips without a mandoline

How do you slice a potato into very thin slices without a mandoline or other tool? I wanted to buy some potatoes to try the potato chip idea that queenfluff posted on another forum about salt and vinegar chips. All I have is a very sharp knife, is there a trick that you guys know of? Thanks!!

Comments

• I would try a vegetable peeler. They would be a bit weird looking but atleast they’d get crispy.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

If you’re dehydrating them you could maybe twist the peels so they are a little more visually appealing?

• Thanks guys! Yes, will dehydrate them, I am going to try my knife first and see what I get. I’ll let you know how they come out!! :)

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

My food processor has a slicing blade that I use. It gets everything much thinner than I could do by hand!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Another idea is an cheese slicer if you have one – it can be hard on the wrist a bit but you can control the size of your slices. Other than that the vegetable peeler will be your best bet.