teff and amaranth

kay I had some teff and amaranth in the cupboard that I used to use for breakfast cereal before I went raw and I dont want it to go to waste so i was wondering if anyone has any experience sprouting these grains. I have the amaranth soaking right now but I dont know how long I shoukld leave it to try to sprout it after I have soaked and drained it and I don’t know what to do with it if it does sprout so… any ideas? wow those are some terrible run-on sentences… I think my old english teacher might be sharpening his knives right now!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

My sprouting chart says to soak the amaranth 4-6 hours and sprout 24 hours… Teff was not on my chart… Hope this helps…

• Thank you waterbaby. Teff is about the same size so I’ll try it the same way then!

• I’m interested in the Teff question. A friend of mine years ago made me Teff pancakes and they were out of this world. They weren’t raw, but maybe we can soak/sprout them? Anyone know?

• Here is a link about the Teff.I was curious about this because I have a huge jar in my cupboard still as well.

http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/Recipes/SweetDriedT…

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

What exactly is teff? I know it’s a grain I just have never heard of it before. Is it really good or something?