Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Travel Blenders

I want to buy a blender to use strictly for travel. I am thinking about the Bella Cucina, the Rocket, or the Magic Bullet. I will not be using it on a day to day basis, as I have a BlendTec at home. So I guess it would last. It will probably be used only a few times a year. Anyone have any of these blenders? Any complaints? Any praises? Thanks!

Comments

• I have the Tribest and I really like it. I use it almost everyday for simple mostly fruit smoothies that don’t require a lot of power to blend. It’s small and very convenient. You drink right out of the container you mix in. Very easy to clean. Comes with carrying case for travel. You can get several different packages with extras…such as another blade for grinding seeds and nuts. Also has an attachment where you can use a glass mason jar as the container. I would highly recommend it. But keep in mind it’s not really powerful enough to make a green smoothie like a vitamix would. Try Tribest.com or Amazon might sell it at cheaper price.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

This thread was so timely. I am leaving my house at 7 in the morning tomorrow headed to sunny florida. i have not packed yet and am trying to figure out if i will be bringing my vitamix, blendtec, or tribest. I was all set to bring my blendtec, as it is lighter than the vitamix, but, this morning i tried a smoothie in my tribest and was pleasantly surprised at the results.

I used the largest cup you can purchase as an option and filled it half full with water. then i cut up a bosc pear into small chunks, added 2 heaping tablespoons of health force spiralina, 2 tablespoons of pure synergy, and almost a full head of kale chopped into small pieces, i blended it and voila . . . i had a rice and creamy delicious smoothie. it tasted the same as if i had made it in one of my high speed blenders. i think the key is chopping the fruits and veggies into small pieces.

LimeLady, i have the attachment for the mason jars and i love you. you have to use narrow mouth jars, but that is just fine for me. i have some nice 12 oz mason jars that work great.

i hope this helps. I think i just talked myself into taking my tribest and not lugging my blendtec. so thanks for helping me out wanna_B_raw by starting this thread! decision made!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I have a Tribest, too and I love it. It has a separate grinder for seeds. It works just wonderfully.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Stay away from the Magic Bullet! I haven’t heard a good thing about it. Tribest is probably the best one to go for, though I haven’t heard of the Bella Cucina, or the Rocket. My Miracle Chopper 2000 lasted about a year as my only blender.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

really? i LOVE my magic bullet. it does things no other appliance i’ve “met” can do.

• my magic bullet makes great smoothies and sauces…the key is to pulse it, don’t just lock it down for like 5 minutes

• I didn’t like the Magic Bullet at all. A piece fell out and got mixed into my expensive ingredients the first time I used it. That was a definite concern. I returned it. I received the Bella Cucina over the holidays and loved it. One of my relatives got it on Black Friday for $12! The cups are a great size and it gets lots of jobs done that are too small to use my Vita Mix. I love that nothing gets wasted in the bottom. Happy Vacation!

• Thank you all for your replies!!! :-)