Brand New and Low Cal Too!

So, today is the day, i’ve decided to eat 100% raw. I’ve been vegetarian for about a year and a half, and have been trying to eat healthily to lose weight for about a year. After about 8 months of this, my diet has now plateaued and i’m obsessed with bread and carbs, and my body isn’t liking it! So RAW it is for me, and i’m hoping that it will help to restart my weight loss too, and if not then maybe it’ll help me to maintain! Anyway, if you have any tips, comments or helpful advice as I start my journey, I will love you forever, and any low cal, low fat recipes would also be extremely useful! Thanks sooooo much

Comments

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

my advice is to read old forum threads that interest you and ask new questions- start new topics as things come up for you. as well as just enjoy yourself and listen to your body. all the best to you!

• I just compiled a list of low fat/fat free recipes for another raw forum! Please note: The comments are not mine. I copied the recipes from various raw sites. Many of them were posted here actually! :-)

Here they are:

General Tso’s Salad

Serves 1 as a light meal or side

I threw this together in the morning on my way to school. It

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Wow, chilove! you really rocked it with those recipes! My only advice is to listen to your body. Also, fat isn’t always bad – the right kinds of fat can actually help weight loss and healing. Avocados and macadamia nuts, for example, contain fatty acids that actually help to burn fat in some individuals! As you learn and experience more and more raw foods, you will figure out what is best for you. Enjoy it! :)

• Hi Angie,

I totally agree! ALWAYS listen to your body!

Blessings,

Audrey 

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

My 2 cents is to eat those greens. Drink green smoothies, eat salads, eat as many types of greens as you can. And get a huge variety of veggies and fruits. That will keep you excited about raw.