Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Want to lose weight.

So I really want to lose weight and I’m starting to realize that just eating raw is not enough. What foods should I stay away from?

Can I eat raw bread? Are some better than others?

Can I eat too much salad and vegetable or fruit?

I’ve read about so many people losing 20-30 lbs in a month and I’m just wondering what I’m doing wrong.

Does the weight only come off after detox is over?

Don’t get me wrong I’m not doing this only to lose weight. I want to feel better and I do a little already but the weight loss would be nice too.

Comments

• SueSue Raw Newbie

Good luck to you. My own experience has been that if you are on a raw food diet for a while, your weight loss tapers off. Definitely stay away from bread and nuts for a while, and eat lots of greens in the form of salads and smoothies/juices. I have never personally done a master cleanse, but there is a ton of info on this site about it, and that might help you jump-start your weight loss. I’m sure someone who’s done the MC will add to this thread. Also, exercise is a good way to lose weight and gain energy. I do a lot of walking which is the easiest exercise I know.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I lost 10 pounds when doing Jubb’s cleanse and haven’t gained them back. I only lost about 5 the time I did the MC. I did gain those pounds back, but I wasn’t raw at the time. I don’t think you can really eat too many fruits and vegetables when you’re first starting out. Don’t avoid nuts and seeds, but don’t go overboard with them either. I think for everyone the rate at which they loose weight is different. The people who loose 20-30lbs are probably the ones starting out with more.

• I have about 40 more to lose. I actually lost 10 in the first 2 weeks and now have stopped loosing.

After asking this question I asked myself the same thing and came to my own conclusions about why I stopped losing weight. First of all, I’m stuffing myself. I ate so much today I feel a bit sick right now. I’m seing that I need to stop eating when I’m full. Too much of anything isn’t good.

Also in the first few weeks I was eating 1 or 2 avacados a day. I know everyone has different opinions about this, my BF being one of them saying it is way too much fat and that I could never lose weight like that. But what I’m seing is that, it was working for me. So I’m gonna try not stuffing myself and not being afraid of a little fat.

Hope it works!

• Also what is Jubb’s cleanse and where can I find out more about this?

• Well I would also like to lose about 5 kg. I think the key can be regular exercising and get yourself busy. The days when I work I eat much less then I’m at home. I think I should incorporate some more exercise apart from work too. I think you should avoid dried fruits, nuts, agave, dates and limit bananas. You need a lot of omega3, you can get them from flax and hemp seeds ( they are very rich in protein as well). It is good to up your iodine, it speeds up the metabolism so eat algae every day, it can be spirulina, chlorella, kelp or anything.

Like Raw_Chocoholic said everyone loses weight at a different pace, so be patient.

I think you can eat as much veggies as you wish, but be more careful with fruits. If your fruit consumption is in the normal catergory don’t worry about them, but if not maybe reduce them.( I used to eat about 1 kg of apples a day plus other fruits too) I realised that if I excercise a lot I can afford myself more fruits.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I lost all my extra 40 pounds in about 3 months by eating what my body wanted. Sometimes that was breads, nuts, avocados, fruits (tons – they are very cleansing), vegetables, oils, etc. I tried to focus on what I felt my body wanted and then putting it together instead of making a bunch of recipes. Everyone is different, and that is why different things work for different people. Exercise, too. Some people do best with high-intensity aerobics, some with running or weightlifting, and others with more gentle things like walking or yoga. For me, focusing on feeding my body what it really wanted naturally produced weightloss, when I never lost weight when my focus was on losing weight. I only weigh myself once every maybe 2 or 3 months, because I know I am giving my body what it needs and the weight checks are more out of curiosity.

• This is going to sound so completely vague, but this is the BEST advice I could possibly offer you without knowing what your body is like…because we don’t know each other:

As time goes on with raw, you will begin to fine-tune your routines, your recipes, your foods, your rest..all depending on what feels right in your body. I think the most important part of the raw experience is the EXPERIENCE!! Of course it’s important to do your research…but I do not think it’s as ‘easy’ as asking others what you should and should not eat. I think raw is about building a relationship with yourself and your body. That said, once you have fine tuned your habits [food, rest, etc]...you will begin to feel better and THAT is when the weight will naturally go off, because your body will be functioning at it’s best. It will not be in any book…you will just know because you’ll feel it.

Best wishes…

• I was watching a video with David Wolfe the other day where he mentioned that if you are having trouble losing the weight it may be a thyroid issue. To kickstart your thyroid he says to try kelp powder. I have been 80% raw since January and I have only lost 1 1/2 inches off of my waist. I have a goal set to lose 5 more so I have upped the juices salads and super foods. Good luck to you!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

meganthevegan—so well said. Nice energy. We call my youngest that. You see how different we all are. I was a confessed yo-yo raw vegan, alternating 99% for 3-5 months, then back to 50%. This is really my 3rd visit to the 99% frontier! The first time, i dropped 14 pounds in 3 weeks without even trying. The second it took much longer—about 1.5 months to lose about 10 pounds. Now it’s been 3 weeks, and I’ve maybe only dropped 4 pounds. I feel great and my body feels much lighter than I weigh. My face is nearly devoid of wrinkles (44 years on me), and I’m much nicer to myself. I know I’m at my best 5 more pounds from here, but it will come off. I bet it’s going to take a long time for me. I hope never to go back to cooked food. Raw is happy!

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

MontrealMommy, the cleanse is in the “Lifefood Recipe Book” by David and Annie Jubb. It’s done over 14 days. It involves doing some enemas and gallbladder/liver flushes which will help you metabolize fat better.

• PH Miracle for Weight Loss READ IT!!!!