Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Weight watchers ad

RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I just saw a funny ad for weightwatchers. It said, “No wheatgrass, no tears, no daily affirmations” I got a kick out of it. I really believe in the benefits of wheatgrass juice, and I must admit, I believe in the power of affirmations, so weightwatchers sure isn’t for me, not that I need it since going raw!

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Oh my goodness! Possitive affermations are wonderful and so is wheatgrass. Plus it tastes like ymmmy sweet peas to me! Gosh it’s almost saying, ‘you don’t have to be a health food flake to loss weight!’ Stupid people!

• HA!! Wow, that’s so sad. Really the way people are cultured and brought up to not go out and try “new” things. Bread to believe if it’s healthy it’s BAD! lol Always looking for a quick fix…ugh, weightwatchers tisk, tisk, tisk!!!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

That is funny lol Thanks for sharing.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

another funny ad is for Helmann’s Mayonaise: it always makes me laugh: it’s says “A Return to Real Food”.. hmm.. I’ve never seen mayonaise growing on trees or in the ground :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Yes I deffinately scoff at those ‘real food’ commercials!

Paa-leeease!

• i’ve also recently seen mcdonalds adds with fruit and veggies and pieces of meat…they are trying to allude that their food comes from there and not a plastic factory. the egg mcmuffin one had someone cracking a real egg into a mold and poaching it….it’s not fair to show people that when the egg in the mcmuffin is sliced off a preformed log of egg product.

• Ha! I’m so glad this was posted about. I’m beginning to wonder if this all isn’t some big cosmic joke being played. How the heck did “we” get so nutrionally deranged? Quite frankly, I don’t see any long-term behavioral changes without some daily affirmations. Plus, I kind of enjoy complimenting myself when no ones around. Also, I think McDonald’s misleading advertising is pretty much criminal. Well, insulting too…The other morning I saw a kid at my daughter’s daycare scarfing down a Fun Dip. Okay, Fun Dip is bad enough, but at 7am?! I felt like grabbing it out of his hands and running. This was a bit of a rambly response, but long-story short: GREAT observation, RawVoice!

• haha! I like kminty3’s comment.. mayo on a tree.. gross. This made me think of a commercial I hate for the orange juice when people are poking their hands through bushes and leaves and then pick up a carton of oj… what a load of poo. Squeeze your own oranges.. I don’t need someone to do it for me and ruin all its goodness. I like to handle my own fruit.

• actually lalala- for the sake of truth- mcdonald’s does use the real eggs and round egg molds to make egg mcmuffins- at least they did three years ago when i worked there- but that isn’t that great since they have grease from the meat getting all over it and the butterspray everywhere! the scrambled and the other eggs are not real eggs- you pour that crap from a bottle. blech. i can’t even think about it anymore so i’m going to stop before i regurgitate my salad!

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

Oh yeah! Haha! There are way too many of those type of commercials out there. Anyone seen the Pillsbury cookie dough commercial? With the kids all unloading the pre-made dough onto the cookie sheet and having quality bonding time with mom? And it says something like “The joy of childhood” or something? This cracks me up! The real joy would be helping mom whip up the actual cookie dough, and maybe even using whole, unprocessed ingredients. Way to go mom! There’s also a rice krispies cereal commercial that’s introducing theire new strawberry cereal. Another family-kid appealing commercial that focuses on eating healthily and simply and teaching your children this. It’s just ridiculous! And how about that McDonalds commercial where the mom says, “What goes on your tummy, not nearly as important as what goes in it.” And she takes her poor, helpless girl to the McDonalds death trap!!! AHH!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

The commercials that bother me are 1) fast-food ads that show large men slurping and chomping huge burgers and cokes. They sound like pigs at a trough; it’s disgusting. 2) Nutri-System, with morons proclaiming they lost tons of weight eating pizza, burgers and chocolate. I especially puke at the bleached bimbo bouncing around like she’s on crack, yacking on about how she just LOVES sports.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

cstorts – fun dip at 7am? what are they doing to their kids? what always gets me is watching parents feeding fries to their small children, and encouraging them to finish their hamburger. it’s disturbing on so many levels, not to mention that most children that I ask – are completely grossed out by the IDEA that they’re eating a dead animal. The parents tell me to hush – the kids shouldn’t be reminded of the TRUTH, after all. Great blog article: http://www.ronwilliams.org/blog/negligent-homic…

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Oh how I love this topic! Good to know I’m not the only one disgusted and laughing at most commercials.

You’ve also got to love the skin care commercials… that promise moisture, less wrinkles and fine lines, even skin tone that actually cause SO much damage in the end.

I’m getting all the protection I need eating GREAT and just using coconut oil. I feel bad for those who don’t know about the Beauty benefits of being Raw and who buy in to all that crap, only to make symptoms worse and have to buy more crap in the end!

I’m so happy I keep myself educated about these types of things!

• Thanks Veggilicious for letting me know! i think i got that idea from the Kevin Smith movie…was it Clerks 2? I think so….but it revolted me forever more. I have made poached eggs at home and they never look so pretty so i was easily persuaded that it was a log!

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Oh! Let’s not forget the sulfate-filled shampoo and conditioner commercials! My boyfriend even laughs at those!

• SueSue Raw Newbie

Yeah, I agree, all commercials are made for one thing, to get you to spend your money. Health is of no concern as long as you buy their product. By the way, Lunablu, your pictures are a constant source of amusement for me. You have some sense of humor!!

• TV the great consumer of consumers!