Honeydew...P.U.!!

RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

So, I love honeydew, but when it gives me the gassies and the upset stomach, I gotta say, P.U!

Well, that is, assuming it is the honeydew. The other day, I snacked on about a cup of the sweet melon, but I was still hungry…and out of honeydew. And I know, there’s the whole “eat melon on an empty stomach” rule, but I was starving, so I ate some broccoli and peas ten minutes after.

The next day, my stomach was rumbling and bubbling and I felt sick. I don’t even want to think about what happened while I was in the bathroom for practically the whole day…well, you get the picture…hopefully not to vividly, though.

Anyway, has anyone else had an experience with combining melon and other foods and that resulting in a major stomach ache?

Comments

• I always get a stomach ache if I combine melon with anything else. I have to wait AT LEAST 30 minutes. Even if you are still hungry, it is usually worth waiting before introducing anything different than melon. I would love to mix melon in my smoothies, but it just isn’t worth the consequences.

• I know that when I eat honeydew that is not ripe, it gives me a bad stomach gases, etc. Maybe your melon isn’t ripe?

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Raw broccoli does that to me by itself, and I can only imagine the pain if I combined it with melon. Ooooo… I feel for you!