Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dips?

RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I was wondering what kinds of dips people like?? I have not found one that I really like. So any recipes would be great.

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

TAHINI !!!!!!!!!!! It’s pretty versatile actually. Sometimes I just do the basic lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Sometimes I mix in agave or raw honey. You can actually make it taste like a nacho dip by adding a touch of sweetener, salt, garlic, lemon juice or ACV, red pepper, cumin and nutritional yeast, if you use that of course. Sometimes I just need that flavor so I keep it on hand, I only use it occasionally. But I’ve found that just about all veggies taste good with tahini!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

yeah… i love my version of the tzatziki recipe on this site. blend pine nuts, cucumber, salt, and fresh dill …maybe a little garlic powder too. try to use very little water. It’s fabulous! use it to dip carrots.

• I also love tahini. I usually add some chili and paprika powder too!

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

sounds so good! I’ll try this all of these soon!

• I third the tahini! I love it mixed with lemon juice, ACV, garlic, lots of cumin (because I love cumin) and some sea salt and pepper. Then add water to desired thickness. It basically the recipe on here for Lemon Tahini dressing. I just make it thicker for a dip. Taste like hummus to me and I love it!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Guacomole! Mash up a ripe avo. add some garlic, celtic sea salt and lemon juice! LOVE IT! Also the other day I tried the rich cheddar cheese sauce, I ommitted the nutritional yeast and it was very much like roasted red pepper dip! The recipe is on this site. I liked it!

• I like the tahini as well. My other two favorites are from Wendy Rudell’s “Raw Transition” book…Cucumber Dill Sauce and Avocado Tomatillo Ginger Dressing.

Cucumber Dill Sauce is made by blending 1 cup cashews (soaked), 2 cloves garlic, 2 large cucumbers, 1/4 cup fresh dill minced, 1 lemon squeezed, 1sp sea salt, and a dash of cayenne or tsp minced jalapeno. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.

Avocado Tomatillo Ginger Dressing is made by blending 1 cucumber and then adding 1/4 cup Evoo (optional), 1 avocado, 3 tomatillos, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 tsp dill seed, 1 1/2 tsp minced ginger. Blend and chill. You can very this recipe by adding different fresh herbs that you like, such as basil, dill or parsley.

Hope you find something you like! :)

• skydrust, these sound so yum, I ll try them as soon as i do my next shopping

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

My personal favorite that my non-raw friends always ask for is the sundried tomato pesto in recipe section. It’s from The Raw Transformation.

• I make this hummus all the time:

http://goneraw.com/recipes/9-Hummus

I usually back off on the oil and way back on the tahini and add crushed red pepper or cayenne because I add them to everything!

Here’s a question: I never feel like I’m short of great dip ideas (there are so many on here), but what about things to dip with? I do not have a dehydrator, so I think most chips and stuff are out of the question—what are some veggies that are good for scooping?

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

jicama makes a nice dipper for guacamole, broccoli for the tahini dip, zuchini for the sundried tomato dip.

• I need to find jicama! I don’t think I’ve ever had it..

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

It’s a big brown root vegetable—white inside w/ firm flesh. i try to get the small ones as they can get moldy pretty quickly—pronounced “hicama”.

• carrots, bell peppers and celery are also great dipper!

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Thanks for all your ideas!! I will have to try them and see if I can find one I like.

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

I absolutely love the Rich Cheddar Sauce on this site. I bring it to work and my colleagues love it. The nutritional yeast isn’t raw but I will sacrifice the little bit for the amazing flavour.