Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Last minute beauty ideas.

I myself am in this situation, and I doubt I am the only one whom it has happened to. You find out about an event only a few days in advance or you have some kind of a diet disaster (hello potluck and cookies on top of not going to the gym in a month) the day before a photo shoot like me… So, for me and any future victims of last minute beautifying, let us compile all of our last minute raw food, raw beauty knowledge! (PS- my two major issues are trying to keep my tiny belly tinier until 6pm tomorrow sans starvation and controlling my week and a half bikini shadow!) : : : Here are a few of the things I’m trying (my shoot includes digitals aka super small bikini on which my body and measurements will be judged for jobs)

-Fennel seed tea for bloating (use warm not hot water and add orange juice or zest to give it some zing)

-Ginger root before meals to aid digestion and avoid bloating

-Green Smoothie only consisting of greens and one fruit for breakfast

-Munch on fennel to avoid hunger and act as a diuretic

-Drink loads of water and attempt to fast 12 hours the day before (overnight… last thing you eat, don’t eat again until that time the next day to let your body clear out a bit)

-Use coconut oil to smooth your dry skin, leave some on the ends of your hair as well, then wash out the next morning.

-Catch up on your reading in the steamroom and take cold showers between sessions

-Exfoliate!!!

-Use a natural self tanner (origins sells one, I don’t know of any raw ones) and it will make you look more toned.

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

No joke… one day I decided to see what a green smoothie would do to my face (LOL). Slathered it on, let it sit for 10-15 mins, washed… and my face totally glowed! :-)

I know for sure it had spinach, cucumber, pineapple, and apple… what other odds and ends were in it I don’t remember, but that is a pretty stardard base I use.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Lemon water and cranberry water are miraculous for me in terms of stripping away any excess water weight.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Cute topic!

But I must say I have never been in this situation…never had a photo shoot before! :)

I guess I would just fast though, drink lots of water and juices to look sleeker and maybe do a natural skin mask like clay and special rinse on my lovely no poo’d hair!

I would never use self tanner though – I had the worse experience of my life with one of those – turned my skin orange! If I did have a photo shoot after that, I would have had to been an orange in an OJ commerical or something! :)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I don’t think there any ‘natural’ tanners. They are all toxic dyes basically which, in my book, does not make any of them good. But nicci mentioned Origins – maybe check out the ingredients on theirs?

• Origins uses natural, if not all organic products- at least the ingredients make some sense! Other than that I find the gradual olay one has been good to de-paste my legs in past winter-spring transitions but its a major company that doesnt really tote environmental or health conscious values so… this is the link to the one from origins http://www.origins.com/templates/products/sp_no…

I was running late this morning so I didnt have time for a smoothie but stuck with fruits and lemon water mix all day, and herbal teas as I mentioned until post shoot when I was hungry and had (shhh) a vegan chocolate pecan (but unfortunately not raw) bar! My belly and skin were quite good during the shoot and Im looking forward to getting to see the finished products. Thankfully my wardrobe was thick fabrics though- it was COLD!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I once took the vitamin b that’s called niacin ( its perfectly legal!) and after I took it it fizzed all over my body it was like a super mad hot flush, it was a very strong reaction every time I took it. But it made my skin glow! I got the idea from Leslie Kenton’s Skin book.

• gypsycowgirlgypsycowgirl Raw Newbie

You have to be careful and not take too much naicin though—it can get intense I have heard. My husband has taken it before and gotten really red and stayed that way for a while so don’t take it right before or you might look sunburned in your pictures.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

People take niacin to get marijuana out of their blood. I wouldn’t do it.

• drink tons of carrot juice for a “tan” there used to be pills at the health food store… oh and a great product line for cleansing mosturizing etc…. iLike

• XD I wouldnt do carrots for a tan…. once I was eating large amounts of clementines and sweet potatoes daily and I turned slightly orangish- on the very pale it can look like jaundice rather than tan!