Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

_GONE LEMONS_

Greetings everyone, here are some household uses for lemons. I have never tried the last one so don’t ask me about that one :LOL :)

1. Polish copper by rubbing it with a lemon juice soaked cloth and buffing it dry.
  1. Brass and aluminum can be polished with a paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar. Another way to polish brass is by sprinkling salt on half of a lemon and rubbing it on the brass item. This method works on stainless steel as well.
  1. Rub lemon on your faucets to remove lime scale, hard water stains, and soap residue. It also works on porcelain.

# Whiten tennis shoes by spraying them with lemon juice and placing them in the sun

1. For a mild, stain-free bleach, soak your delicates in a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda for at least half an hour before washing.
  1. Boost your laundry detergent

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I had to laugh about what you wrote about keeping cats away. My cat HATES lemons but especially oranges. She swats at them and attacks them!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Barking puppies? Who would have thought. Hahah. Whatever works!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Carmentina,

I love your picture and especially the cat. Not to malign your part of the pic, it’s just that am currently cat-less and your puddy tat looks very much like my beloved ex-cat. Gives me a little joy every time I see it.

ardesmond, I love the tips. Who knew?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks for the list… I’ve used lemon rinds for cleaning my tub!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

im gonna try the lemon peel on the horses ears for gnats! stops pupppiees form barking? maybe the smell they have citronella bark collars…reminds me of a tip a lady gave me about biting horses, binanca breath spray in their mouths…this is huge har har very funny joke amongst horse people…suffice it to say if a horse is coming to bite you, peppermint breath spray is not gonna stop it! grin

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

These are great tips. I’m going to try the dishwasher one. You can also use lemon juice to brighten up blond hair. Just put it in your hair and sit in the sun until it’s dry, and it will lighten up your hair a little bit. It also makes it crispy, haha. :o)