Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cant stay raw, need help

I went raw first in december and I was doing really good but then with it but then christas came and i went back to cooked and felt so much worse. The worst part of it all was that when i was really raw i got through a very intense detox and then i felt amazing. it was as if i was a new person but then for some ungodly reason i threw it all away. Now its even worse because i was a vegan and now i find myself reaching for cheese! i had lost ten pounds but with my indulgences i gained it all back. does anyone have any tips for staying raw, im the youngest in an all cooked omni family too =[ ( sorry about the typos i have one finger in a splint thing because i had to get stitches because i cut my finger while slicing a carrot)

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Well, my advice would be to take it slow. There is a post on here with tips for beginners, I’ll find it for you. I think that these should help you stick with it. Sorry about the finger :( hope it feels better :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

absolutely. don’t get bogged down in the “idea” of being raw. consider that detox period a little intro, and proceed. try making mock versions of your favorite recipes to start. you can make “cheezes” with some soaked sunflower seeds, salt, a squeeze of lemon, some green onions, a little parsley, etc… dehydrate to get it crusty.

get back on the wagon slowly… like maybe start with breakfast. have a green smoothie or fruit plate. also, it can be very liberating to eat ANYTHING as long as it is raw for a while… indulge every craving with something raw and pretty soon you won’t CRAVE the bad things anymore, your body will know better…

hope this helps.

sorry about your finger ;)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

What you’re going through is absolutely normal. It’s such a huge change to go raw, you can expect a few wobbles along the way. Just don’t beat yourself up over it, go as fast as the slowest part of yourself, and carry om eating raw when you feel like it and when you can.

Maybe get into experimenting with tons of recipes to help motivate you and find things that taste so good that they are more attractive than cooked food.

Try this cheese recipe lots of people find it good, even non raw people. http://goneraw.com/recipes/1619-Cheese-with-Spr…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Deanna, I’m here to send LOADS of encouragement your way. My first year attempting to be raw, I couldn’t do it. I just kept reading and reading, staying positive, and encouraging myself to eat more raw here and there. I experimented with recipes and didn’t get angry when i ate cooked. By the end of the year, I had read SO much and transitioned SO much that I was suddenly ready, without realizing it! so when i took the plunge, success! keep at it, we’re rooting for you.

• Hi ^^ I went to the same process once I started with veganism. Well, one thing that helped me a lot at first was to forget about substitutes. Try to forget about all the choices and nice recipes with the dehydrator and only eat raw vegetables, nuts and so on… after a few months start using all the new recipes, that will help with your anxiety.

• i’m actually in a similar position right now. i was raw for 30 days, then stayed pretty much raw for 2 or 3 more weeks, then i went on a vacation to the deep south! well, i tried southern foods like barbeque, fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. i’ve gained back 5 pounds!

but not to worry, i’m going back to being mostly raw again! it’s a process, and i remember how great i felt when i was raw before, and i want that back.